Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Nymo is offline Master Gamer

Icon6 How To Train Your Dragon

so, Can you tell what movie I'm waiting for this week?

yes, I wanna watch How To Train Your Dragon...

This is a change for me because, well, honestly: I never watch Dreamworks Animation movies. Last full Dreamworks cartoon I seen was Shrek, the original, which was great. But honestly, and I know others agree with me on this, the other Shrek films since have not been great, and they're running the franchise into the ground. I'll be franks: I'm a big Disney fan. Really. I love what Disney and Pixar has put out in animation for years. I know many do enjoy Dreamworks films, but for me they don't seem as memorable as Disney and/or Pixar films.

And, well, let me get into total Nymo-info-overload mode:

As many of you may have notice: I LOVE Stitch. And I think Stitch's creator, Chris Sanders (who also did his voice), is brilliant naturally. Several years back, he was working on a new project for Disney called American Dog. However, due to some not-very unexplained reasons (some say that he was let go by Pixar's John Lassiter when he became chief officer at walt disney animation, which angers me greatly), Chris Sanders no longer became a member of the Disney Animation family, in the middle of making American Dog, and his project was handed off to someone else and was completely changed over (it eventually came out as "Bolt", which i did enjoy)

What happened to Chris? well, Mr. Sanders moved over to Dreamworks (ick)... I was sad to see him go and go to Dreamworks of all people, but I was still gonna support him.
    And as it turns out, he and fellow friend that worked with him on Lilo & Stitch Dean DeBlois is directing How To Train Your Dragon for Dreamworks (in which they actually were put in while they were in the middle of making the movie. being pulled in the middle of one movie from another company to the middle of another movie at a different company? kinda interesting)
    so, Naturally: I'm excited.

What I think I liked about How To Train Your Dragon is not that Chris Sanders is a part of it, in fact: You could have not told me that and I would still want to see this movie.
    What I liked is that you got a sense that this is not like previous Dreamworks films where it was just focused on having these big-named actors being involved. Instead of focusing on the actors and silly jokes, you got a sense that they actually focused on the story and characters for this movie just from the trailers, something really different from other Dreamworks trailers I've seen and groaned about.
    Even the co-president of Dreamworks Animation said that "part of an overall shift in what we’re trying to do.”

And I approve of this change. Fully.

anywho, I should stop myself before I type even more stuff and not get any sleep tonight.
    so yeah, Can't wait to watch the movie this Friday in IMAX 3D...

How about you guys??
    I am lost

Spoiler: show

Thanks Free Realms Lead Animator Floyd Bishop for the the animated signature!

Your new Free Realms content has been delayed...
    ...FOREVER!!!

AshSmiley is offline Pro Gamer

Default Re: How To Train Your Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Nymo View Post
    so, Can you tell what movie I'm waiting for this week?

yes, I wanna watch How To Train Your Dragon...

This is a change for me because, well, honestly: I never watch Dreamworks Animation movies. Last full Dreamworks cartoon I seen was Shrek, the original, which was great. But honestly, and I know others agree with me on this, the other Shrek films since have not been great, and they're running the franchise into the ground. I'll be franks: I'm a big Disney fan. Really. I love what Disney and Pixar has put out in animation for years. I know many do enjoy Dreamworks films, but for me they don't seem as memorable as Disney and/or Pixar films.

And, well, let me get into total Nymo-info-overload mode:

As many of you may have notice: I LOVE Stitch. And I think Stitch's creator, Chris Sanders (who also did his voice), is brilliant naturally. Several years back, he was working on a new project for Disney called American Dog. However, due to some not-very unexplained reasons (some say that he was let go by Pixar's John Lassiter when he became chief officer at walt disney animation, which angers me greatly), Chris Sanders no longer became a member of the Disney Animation family, in the middle of making American Dog, and his project was handed off to someone else and was completely changed over (it eventually came out as "Bolt", which i did enjoy)

What happened to Chris? well, Mr. Sanders moved over to Dreamworks (ick)... I was sad to see him go and go to Dreamworks of all people, but I was still gonna support him.
    And as it turns out, he and fellow friend that worked with him on Lilo & Stitch Dean DeBlois is directing How To Train Your Dragon for Dreamworks (in which they actually were put in while they were in the middle of making the movie. being pulled in the middle of one movie from another company to the middle of another movie at a different company? kinda interesting)
    so, Naturally: I'm excited.

What I think I liked about How To Train Your Dragon is not that Chris Sanders is a part of it, in fact: You could have not told me that and I would still want to see this movie.
    What I liked is that you got a sense that this is not like previous Dreamworks films where it was just focused on having these big-named actors being involved. Instead of focusing on the actors and silly jokes, you got a sense that they actually focused on the story and characters for this movie just from the trailers, something really different from other Dreamworks trailers I've seen and groaned about.
    Even the co-president of Dreamworks Animation said that "part of an overall shift in what we’re trying to do.”

And I approve of this change. Fully.

anywho, I should stop myself before I type even more stuff and not get any sleep tonight.
    so yeah, Can't wait to watch the movie this Friday in IMAX 3D...

How about you guys??
    I actually already saw it in IMAX 3-D (Don't get me wrong, i hate to brag but I just had to tell somebody about it). The local newspaper was advertising this thing where if you go to a certain place, they were giving out sneak preview passes to see that movie. This time it was How to Train Your Dragon, so my parents and I decided to get the tickets, which we did and on Saturday morning we were able to see it!
    Anyways, it was AMAZING! The 3-D made it even more amazing! The characters were so amazing (I think I use the word amazing too much), it just blew me away! I'm trying not to give out any spoilers here but it's just too hard. I bet you don't believe me though, not very many people do believe me when I get sneak preview passes to movies.
    All and all, either you believe me or not, it's a good movie. You should be really excited to see the movie Nymo and I can guarantee you will enjoy it!

Pilar is offline Master Gamer

Haha ! Now I can't wait to see the movie !

Quote Originally Posted by AshSmiley View Post
    I actually already saw it in IMAX 3-D (Don't get me wrong, i hate to brag but I just had to tell somebody about it). The local newspaper was advertising this thing where if you go to a certain place, they were giving out sneak preview passes to see that movie. This time it was How to Train Your Dragon, so my parents and I decided to get the tickets, which we did and on Saturday morning we were able to see it!
    Anyways, it was AMAZING! The 3-D made it even more amazing! The characters were so amazing (I think I use the word amazing too much), it just blew me away! I'm trying not to give out any spoilers here but it's just too hard. I bet you don't believe me though, not very many people do believe me when I get sneak preview passes to movies.
    All and all, either you believe me or not, it's a good movie. You should be really excited to see the movie Nymo and I can guarantee you will enjoy it!
    ah, It's alright to brag.

Speaking of which: I've also seen Bolt weeks before it came out in theaters, and also saw Up literally months before everyone else and even met the directors.

anywho, Glad to hear you enjoyed it! Now I really can't wait to see it!
    (heck, even right now the rotten tomatoes rating right now is at a 100% fresh!)
    I am lost

...FOREVER!!!

AshSmiley is offline Pro Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Nymo View Post
    ah, It's alright to brag.

Speaking of which: I've also seen Bolt weeks before it came out in theaters, and also saw Up literally months before everyone else and even met the directors.

anywho, Glad to hear you enjoyed it! Now I really can't wait to see it!
    (heck, even right now the rotten tomatoes rating right now is at a 100% fresh!)
    Aw you are so lucky! I would have KILLED to see Up way before everybody else! XD

Kelvin64 is offline Master Gamer

I wasn't thinking about it, but then again I do like dragons LOL... and sounds like a pretty good story... AND MY EYES HURT. You typed waaaaaaay to much lol.

Quote Originally Posted by AshSmiley View Post
    Aw you are so lucky! I would have KILLED to see Up way before everybody else! XD
    yeah, Me and a few others in that theater were laughing and joking about "SQUIRREL!" months ahead of everyone else

and sorry, I do tend to type a bit. It's sort of my thing
    I am lost

...FOREVER!!!

I haven't...I saw the trailer of the game and it's seems to be best lol..I even ordered a dragon...

K-ON!
    I don't suggest you to open the following spoiler. I think it'll explode! Run!
    Silly you, why did you open the spoiler? Haha.

LukeDarkWolf is offline Amateur Gamer

I cant wait for How To Train Your Drgaon 3D to come out im gonna go watch it in cinema. ( i have seen the trailers) this is gonna be soo funny! cant wait
    [SIZE="5"]
    Lukedarkwolf

Zadira Kindleriver is offline Master Gamer

Well, Nymo... I had not even heard of this until you posted! I thought it was going to be a thread on how to train our dragons in game!

I don't pay attention to who makes what movies and don't go to a lot of them but I may have to see this one just because you posted about it.

Nice report!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast