Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Princess Celestina is offline Master Gamer

Default Have You Done a Good Deed Lately?

Hello, everyone.
    Celes here~

I was speaking with some friends of mine today about doing good deeds for people. We were talking about what the benefits were. Materialistic? No. I'm talking about the benefit of seeing a person smile after you've told them that they look nice today, an elderly person thanking you for helping them cross the street, a child's parents filled with joy because their child got their first A on their report card because you helped them, or even the excitement of a less fortunate child to whom you donated things that you enjoyed as a child! Personally, I just love that warm, fuzzy feeling that I get inside whenever I do a good deed. It makes me feel as though there's hope and a future for everyone. It makes me feel happy. Not only does it make me happy; it also makes others happy, as well.

A Good Deed - a selfless act of doing something good for another with no recognition; not calling attention to the doer

One particular memory that I have was this:
    One day, I was walking towards the mall, and I saw an elderly woman crossing the street. It looked like she was having some trouble. So, I went up to her and asked, "Ma'am, do you need any help?" She replied while smiling, "Yes, that'd be wonderful, dear. Thank you." "You're quite welcome," I said as I held her arm. We walked to the curb. I helped her up. "There you go," I said. "Thank you, hun," she began to say as she opened her purse. "You're welcome, again," I said while giggling. She pulled out a dollar and handed it to me. "Oh, you don't need to do that; it's the thought that counts, right?" I said while smiling. "Oh, no, I insist." "Oh, it's fine, Ma'am. You might need it more than I do." "Are you sure?" "Yes, I'm sure. I'm just glad that I could help you," I said with a smile. "Well, it was very kind of you, dear. Well, I must be going. God bless you, young lady," she said as her face lit up. "God bless you, too."

I still remember that instance to this very day. Every time I think about it, I smile.

Have you done a good deed lately?

Where you stop is where you start again.
    Celestina Corinne

Grim Soulreaper is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Have You Done a Good Deed Lately?

I have been working at this sight lately where there has been a lady who's a bit down on her luck... and she has a habit of coming by looking for cans and such lately in garbage cans and the dumpsters in the back of the mini mart store just down the street from it... I have made a habit of packing an extra lunch so when I see her I can just give it to her... I'll make sure she's away from where I'm working and down the street a bit before I catch up to her even if I say I'm just running to the store real quick so as not to draw attention... Not so much for the sake of avoiding boasting as much as it is I don't want the flack from other people I work with saying she's like a stray cat and she'll keep coming back.... But for cryin' out loud I don't know if she's eating and the least I can do is make sure she gets something that isn't from a garbage can or, right ? And the times I have been able to get her the food I made for her she just say's "God bless you" over and over and over while she's walking away... nearly yelling it that I'm not even sure she's saying it to me but just saying it for the sake of yelling something... idk...
    Playing DCUO now

Princess Celestina is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Soulreaper View Post
    I have been working at this sight lately where there has been a lady who's a bit down on her luck... and she has a habit of coming by looking for cans and such lately in garbage cans and the dumpsters in the back of the mini mart store just down the street from it... I have made a habit of packing an extra lunch so when I see her I can just give it to her... I'll make sure she's away from where I'm working and down the street a bit before I catch up to her even if I say I'm just running to the store real quick so as not to draw attention... Not so much for the sake of avoiding boasting as much as it is I don't want the flack from other people I work with saying she's like a stray cat and she'll keep coming back.... But for cryin' out loud I don't know if she's eating and the least I can do is make sure she gets something that isn't from a garbage can or, right ? And the times I have been able to get her the food I made for her she just say's "God bless you" over and over and over while she's walking away... nearly yelling it that I'm not even sure she's saying it to me but just saying it for the sake of yelling something... idk...
    Doesn't it make you feel happy that you made her feel happy? =)

Where you stop is where you start again.
    Celestina Corinne

Grim Soulreaper is offline Master Gamer

It could I guess if I could determine that she was happy at all... but more I'm just glad that at least I can give her food even if thats all I can do.
    Playing DCUO now

I made Game CD's for my bro even tho i dont like him much .-. he asked me and said "Pleaaase" so i just did it.

Pandamonaeus is offline Master Gamer

Where I live, being a courteous driver during rush hour is doing a good deed.... lol. It seems to take a lot for people to slow down just a bit and let someone change lanes in front of them, especially when the left lanes are jam packed and the rightmost two are clear but heading onto another freeway.

That aside, (this isn't really recent), but I spent a summer a couple of years ago with a volunteer org making PB&J brown bag lunches for the homeless in downtown. Some of the people we gave the lunches to were skeptical and a few didn't want it, but some of the others seemed genuinely grateful for just a plain ol' PB&J.

Been so busy lately that I haven't taken the time to slow down and think about what I can do to help others o.o. Guess it's time to pick that up again.

♫♪♫ ♫♪♫
    *PLEASE send me a message if you are selling me things, as I never remember to check back.*

Jimienta is offline Pro Gamer

At Meh House there was Like A millon cats.
    My Mom Knew i loved cats , But we couldnt get one because of our dogs.
    Anyways , There was Once This Beautiful Cat ..And Her owner dumped her out on the Street.
    So me and my mom Would Buy Cat food so we can feed her.
    She was a girl , And She had Baby Kittens, So we took care of them for a while.
    Everytime I heard her cry , She would come inside my house , And Get Warm. Sadly , We had to take her to the Sheleter.
    I didnt like it at first, But I knew it was the Best thing to do.
    Then , There was this other cat , I named her kitty , because She lived outside for a long time like 4 years.
    She had White and Blue eyes. She made me feel like i had another Best freind.
    One day , she got In cat fight , She was Bleeding , and Laying on the floor.
    We took her to vet , and Got her better. (:
    To this day , I help All types Of animals ...And it feels good.
    RYAN HIGAAA<333
    School = Sevin cra-ppy Hours of our lives, xD

Princess Claire is offline Master Gamer

HMMMMMMMS! Ok I got one. About 2 weeks ago I was at church. Me and my best friend are the GA ( Girls in action) teacher assistants, and one of the projects the girlz were doing was to make pictures for some of the elder church members who couldnt come to church every Sunday. So we all made pictures and when it was time to deliver them, none of the girlz could come. So Me and my friend just drove around and gave the pictures to the people, and I felt so warm inside the whole time we did it. ( That might be cuz the friend is a horrible driver) but I think its because I felt nice. One of the ladies we gave a picture to donated $500 to the GAs , which helped send 5 GAs to camp.

Minor Niceness: Me and the same friend mentioned above were bored after church and we drove out to get some Chinese food. While her dad went into the store we saw a lady with a cane who had just had leg surgery and coulnt walk well. She had her cart from the grociery store next to the Chinese place and the put your cart away thing was quite some way from us. So we got out of the car and took her cart for her

"Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments..." -Deuteronomy 7:9

Princess Leopard is offline Master Gamer

I love doing good deeds to people it makes me fill good inside of me
    Ty Princess Melodie for the Signature & Avatar & the Shop Avatar
    If you believe as Jesus Christ as your Savior and you not afraid to admit it, Put this as your signature.

Actually I do good deeds all the time. It feels so good to do something good. But you have to be careful how you treat that certain person.