Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Grim Soulreaper is offline Master Gamer

Default Going against the grain

This is a thread where anyone may post their opinion on if they find themselves going against the grain of the popular opinions on other threads and don't feel comfortable posting their opinions on those threads...Here is the place to do it at.
    I would welcome any opinions or point of views on the FRI community that are being talked about as long as they follow the FRI rules and keep everything they say appropriate for all ages.
    This is not a debate thread
    This is not a thread to discuss FRI rules and all posts should abide by the rules of FR and FRI
    This is not a bashing thread.. It's simply a place where anyone can come if they have an opinion and wish to share it and don't feel comfortable doing so on other threads where an opinion is shared by many and goes against theirs yet they still wish to speak it without making anyone uncomfortable on other threads. I believe that everyone has an opinion and should be able to share it too and would like to read them all. Though if I find any inappropriate or abusive posts I will have to report them so please don't abuse this thread and be respectful... Other than that have fun and speak your mind freely about the topics discussed within the FR and FRI community and keep it age appropriate please...and Thank you
    Playing DCUO now

Julissa L. is offline Pro Gamer

Default Re: Going against the grain

I'm going against the grain on the idea of having separate thread to express your opinions that differ from the popular ones... *hehe*

Like you, I also believe everyone should be able and allowed to share their own opinions and ideas. But also everyone should be able or at least learn to take those different thoughts and give them a chance.. There is always a polite way to express your thoughts even when disagreeing.

I've learnt that when you're open to other people's ideas and point of views, it makes your life so much easier. Even after genuine concideration if you just can't agree with the other person's opinion, you at least can have a tool of understanding where that person is coming from, and why they see things different than you. Every experience we get in life, molds us and our point of views, so that's why it's just impossible to agree on everything, cause we're not clones of each other.. But hey learning of other people can be very powerful experience!! And giving up on opinions and accepting new ones isn't a sign of weakness, on the contrary!!

So I really would encourage everyone to share the opinions there where the discussion is even if it feels a bit intimidating at first, BUT to do it in a respectful and polite way. And also I'd encourage everyone to receive different ideas with a polite and respectful way

This is something my dad has taught me since I was a little girl

Grim Soulreaper is offline Master Gamer

I agree with you completely 100%... Though have seen otherwise which is why I made this thread... Unfortunately this thread is a product of that too and some feel uncomfortable saying what they think...and thank you for saying that too.. it is honestly what I believe should be welcomed on any thread
    Playing DCUO now

Julissa L. is offline Pro Gamer

Yep...I hear you Grim on that! And it's good to raise these matters on the table instead of accepting a bad situation..

And as a forever optimist I'd just say that wherever we have shortcomings it only means that we have a huge amount of oppoturnities for learning, growing and improving, depending on if we want to or not..