Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Kayopuro
  • 1 Post By Pop

Title: Gallifrey Falls No More?

Kayopuro is offline Master Gamer

Default Gallifrey Falls No More?

Hey guys. If you don't know (and probably don't...) the University of Arizona discovered a new planet; HD 106906. Astronomers have discovered a planet the existence of which flies in the face of all theories about how planets are formed.This young planet shouldn't even exist, it's that strange. HD 106906 is eleven times Jupiter's mass, which is two and half times the mass of all our other planets. It orbits its star 650 times the average Earth-Sun distance! At only 11 million years old, this planet is still glowing from the residual heat of it's formation. Compared to Earth's age, 4.5 billion years old, Earth is 350 times older.

In Doctor Who, there is a planet named Gallifrey where the Time Lords live. In the show, Gallifrey is located in a binary star system within the constellation Kasterborous, some 250 million light years away. HD 106906 is thought to be created like a binary star, yet it is much denser. It is so similar to planet Gallifrey, Whovians made a petition to rename the planet Gallifrey in honor of the show.

"I really want this planet to be named Gallifrey. Even if it just an honorary name, or a officially recognised as "also known as Gallifrey" there really needs to be a Gallifrey out there in the universe. Doctor Who is legendary, award winning, record breaking, and global, and this planet deserves something special and supernatural as its name, How better to honor its existence than by dubbing it the home planet of our beloved time travelling alien, The Doctor? Years from now, when I have grandchildren, and I tell them about my favorite show growing up, I want to tell them that we found the planet that The Doctor was from. Do it for the fandom! Please share! and get everyone to sign this petition!"

Petition
    Youtube
    Read more 1 and 2

#gallifreyfound
    Brett Firemumbles likes this.

This ends on a good note.

People online: 1
    Bots online: 4,349

Aubss is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Gallifrey Falls No More?

? ?

The Flaming Trident is offline Master Gamer

too long did not read
    "This forum is now closed and read-only" - No one ever

Egg Zachly is offline Banned

I'm not even a fan of the doctor but I do enjoy real life references to things from the sci fi culture so I am definitely in support.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flaming Trident View Post
    too long did not read
    Yes you did. I know you did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Egg Zachly View Post
    I'm not even a fan of the doctor but I do enjoy real life references to things from the sci fi culture so I am definitely in support.
    Thanks Egg. I also thought it was very cool, and I have watched Doctor Who since I was out of the womb, it adds another reason why I want this planet to be named Gallifrey.

Pop
    Pop is offline Explorer

Maybe they'll find a frozen picture in time! [No More was written on the board in the beginning of Day of the Doctor!]
    Kayopuro likes this.

Dawn73 is offline Master Gamer

..........Long stretch....probably gonna be denied...............welcome to reality.........

but good luck.
    Narwhales. Bai.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn73 View Post
    ..........Long stretch....probably gonna be denied...............welcome to reality.........

but good luck.
    Yeah, but we can try anyway. I thought it was really cool. It's not my idea, I belong to many DW fanpages and they getting their panties in a twist about this.