Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Title: Food Survey

Pandamonaeus is offline Master Gamer

Default Food Survey

I am a recent vegan and I couldn't say without a moment's hesitation it was one of the best decisions of my life. My fiancé converted too and he always says how much better he feels. Tonight I saw a vlog someone posted about why vegetarianism is a bad idea... And the video lacked any facts whatsoever. 99% of the people, even non-vegetarians, left very negative comments about her "argument".

But it got me thinking.

1. Are any of you pescatarians (someone who eats no meat but eats seafood, mainly fish), vegetarians, or vegans?
    2. Have you considered making the switch to either?
    3. If you did, what 3 foods would be the most difficult for you to give up? It can be whole dishes or something simple like a cheese stick if you go vegan.
    4. How aware are you of the environmental and health effects of the meat and dairy industry?
    5. After learning a bit about the different sides of veganism, which of the reasons would most compel you to become more proactive in going green? Environmental, health, or animal rights?

I don't think enough people are educated in the facts regarding America's food industry but I noticed more and more people are becoming aware of the issues due to articles online to documentaries like Food, Inc.

I was just curious!

Thanks for answerin'
    Last edited by Pandamonaeus; 03-10-2011 at 06:39 AM.

♫♪♫ ♫♪♫
    *PLEASE send me a message if you are selling me things, as I never remember to check back.*

Default Re: Food Survey

Oops double posted.... wow so tired I didn't even notice
    Last edited by Pandamonaeus; 03-10-2011 at 06:39 AM.

♫♪♫ ♫♪♫
    *PLEASE send me a message if you are selling me things, as I never remember to check back.*

Aedc is offline Master Gamer

1. None of those at the moment. I used to be a vegan, but finding vegan food is extremely difficult and expensive, so I decided to be a vegetarian. However, because of some health issues i was having (not because of being a vegetarian) I am no longer a vegetarian. Although I eat vegetarian meals 3 times a week still.
    2. I think Number 1 answers that lol.
    3. I never really found anything hard to give up, it wasn't too hard to find a substitute for most things.
    4. I'm pretty aware about a lot of the concerns. I've done some volunteer work with Peta2, Green Peace and Food Not Bombs.
    5. For me it's mostly about the environment and animal rights. Which coincide with each other in a way. My logic is if you eat less meat, less animals will be slaughtered and bred. This means less animals living on the earth. Therefore, if there are less methane producing animals, the environment will also benefit.
    "The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." -Gil Stern

Very interesting. I noticed that just one or two years ago, I've never even heard of vegan substitute products like Daiya or Gardein products. Lately though, especially farmers market type grocery story, most places have a vegan/vegetarian section. I do agree it's quite expensive... Like vegan salami is $4 for a small pack, and $5.50 for a 1-time Gardein meal.

There are always things that I really wish I could eat again cause they're just that good x.O

♫♪♫ ♫♪♫

Aedc is offline Master Gamer

Yeah I live in what a lot of people would consider the middle of nowhere, so getting anything vegan is almost impossible. For a while I was making a monthly trip to Toronto so that i could get food. But eventually that became too difficult to do. So now I'm back to being an omnivore lol. But I still do what I can to help the animals and the environment.
    "The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." -Gil Stern

And that's all ya really need to do P: Being a vegetarian or vegan isn't the sole thing, which is good. Saving a little here and there makes a huge impact at the end of the year.

♫♪♫ ♫♪♫

Ella Sparkleflower is offline Master Gamer

I prefer to stay balanced. Knowing that I don't really favor in any foods except chicken, beef and fruit, my diet remains that way and I have no plans to alter it. My motto is 'God gives us fish in a lake. He gives us string and a stick, but we must work to eat.'
    ( I only hope that this does not offend anyone in any way religiously. )