Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Ivis is offline Explorer

Default Earthquake near Japan

Hello all,

Not sure how to begin this, but there was a massive earthquake (the 11th of March) that hit just off the coast of Japan. The initial reports were a magnitude 8.9 quake (that's very, very strong) and several aftershocks have also shaken the region. After the quake, there was a series of tsunamis -- and those are currently still traveling around the Pacific region.

This might not be much help (since I don't think very many people will actually see this) but if you are in an area where that info matters, please be aware of what's going on. The waves have already hit Japan, and are expected to hit the Hawaiian islands around three in the morning, local time -- Alaska and Washington/Oregon/California will be after that. The other island nations in the area of the Pacific Rim are due to be hit earlier than that, as they are closer to the epicenter. Please, please, please -- if you are in one of these areas, be certain to find out what you can, and get to a safe area.

I have friends in many of these regions, and I can at least do this much to try to make sure they are as safe as possible. If you happen to be online tooling around and catch this note, check the news feeds, please.

Best of luck to you all.

-i

Pandamonaeus is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Earthquake near Japan

Tsunamis will make it from Japan to California? I have friends that literally live a block from the beach... How devastating were the tsunamis on Japan?

Edit: Thanks for the heads up. We called them to let them know.
    Last edited by Pandamonaeus; 03-11-2011 at 06:20 AM.

♫♪♫ ♫♪♫
    *PLEASE send me a message if you are selling me things, as I never remember to check back.*

Inua is offline Master Gamer

*nods* :O
    Each Event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event.

strikin brawler is offline Pro Gamer

Latest news :

2 tsunamis striked and are approaching in roaring speeds to South east asia and to the pacific region . More tsunamis are expected to reach !

What a thrill !!!!

kim coldrock is offline Amateur Gamer

nooo that suck that . that happend

'On The Dance Floor'

Zoey704 is offline Master Gamer

I have a few online friends that live in California, But they have been alerted for the tsunamis.
    Signature credit goes to: Stephanie Stonyray (Thanks Stephanie)

Help us help make THIS Christmas Event a success!!

Maryie is offline Master Gamer

I have friends in California too.
    They are safe tho. ^-^
    Maryie
    Insiders

cotton candy 3000 is offline Amateur Gamer

now i have a question will 2012 really happen :O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Happy as can be.

Grim Soulreaper is offline Master Gamer

2012 will happen unless the end is the world happens before New Years XD Either way the waves of the Tsunami hit Hawaii as only 6 ft waves when they started outfrom Japan as 30 ft waves so it will be minimal if anything really when it hits the coasts as predicted unless it already has... Which I think they did, it was due to at about 740 am today roughly around there and the waves would be about 100 ft long so they would last a bit but the waves would have dwindled in size by that time that all it would do is raise water levels at worst and cause some minor damage but nothing on the same scale compared to Japan or that area of the world
    Last edited by Grim Soulreaper; 03-12-2011 at 06:00 PM.
    Playing DCUO now

Pandamonaeus is offline Master Gamer

They left alerts for the local beaches to clear around 7-9am which is when the waves were supposed to hit.

I don't really think @ 2012 the earth will blow up and everything gets destroyed all at once and we all die, but I think it's gonna be a slow and scary process P:

♫♪♫ ♫♪♫
    *PLEASE send me a message if you are selling me things, as I never remember to check back.*

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast