Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Sleepingwolf is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Re: Dungeons and Dragons

There are also ways to play over the net using a virtual table top program, some of the nicer ones like Fantasy grounds even have graphical die rollers. Wizards of the coast will also have their own, really nice, virtual table top system running at some point but it will be a subscription service.
    You could even use something like skype and webcams though you'll need to trust the people you play with not to cheat on their rolls.

Superfreak41502 is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingwolf View Post
    There are also ways to play over the net using a virtual table top program, some of the nicer ones like Fantasy grounds even have graphical die rollers. Wizards of the coast will also have their own, really nice, virtual table top system running at some point but it will be a subscription service.
    You could even use something like skype and webcams though you'll need to trust the people you play with not to cheat on their rolls.
    how do you play over the net?????

Be yourself.. Imitation is Suicide!

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak41502 View Post
    how do you play over the net?????
    Well, you would still need to have some books, if you are just a player all you really need is the players handbook, that will tell you all the rules you need to know, all the races and classes, equipment, etc... Also, if you are playing in a published setting (the world that game takes place in) it's also handy to have the source book for that world.
    Other wise it's basically the same as playing face to face. If you used something like Skype then you would still have your character and dice in front of you and just be using skype for video and voice between the players. Most of the virtual table top programs have a mapping utility, chat box and character generator in them as well as rules libraries you can access, you could also use a voice chat client with those if you wanted too though some times roleplaying is easier in text. Essentially, you just set up a time to all be online together and play with whatever system is easiest for you. In D&D, one person acts as the game master and runs the action while the rest are characters.
    Here's a link to the fantasy grounds site, it's one of the best virtual table tops and they have some nice screen shots to give you an idea of what I mean by a virtual table top. http://www.fantasygrounds.com/

Undead Father is offline Master Gamer

But that would cut down on your FR time...lol
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

yes it would but i think i would enjoy it =)

Quote Originally Posted by thatwackyned View Post
    But that would cut down on your FR time...lol
    Not too much, D&D isn't really a "play every day" game unless you're in high school.

Ashley Preciousfable is offline Master Gamer

Ooh, DnD. The mother of all fantasy games.. lol

Moved you all over to the open mic.. have fun!

Thomas Edison's last words were 'It's very beautiful over there'.
    I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful.

I wouldnt want to play every day i kinda just wanna know what its all about.. im very intrigued =)

i think right about now i need a hiatus from FR lol
    Last edited by Superfreak41502; 07-03-2009 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678