Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Title: Do you think FR has gone down?

RandomBarbi is offline Pro Gamer

Default Do you think FR has gone down?

It is totally different i miss the 2009 version ( old) this new version 2012 is ok , i just cant stand this immature teens on the game that think their superior just because they have punker pants and stuff . I think if they dont make changes it really wont be a fun game anymore and it will be a thing of tommorrow maybe

AmazinKat is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Do you think FR has gone down?

I miss the first version too. All the non-newbs were so friendly and helpful to newbs. I remember Megan Blazingmind and Miley something and their 'gang' helping me out and giving me lots of clothing for free! I miss those days but the game overall is probably still the same amount of fun just the people I think are making it less fun.
    Thanks Jaiyden & Lindei for avvie & siggie.

tmorningstar is offline Pro Gamer

I, as well, miss the old version of FR. I remember when I first started playing, the people were so helpful! I could group up with total strangers and have a blast leveling up. Eventually those strangers would become friends or even guild mates. Now-a-days, the strangers are more rude than ever. And they are more interested in taking your stuff then actually joining you in any battles or trying to earn items on their own. The game is over run with scammers and beggars these days. I barely log in any more. My friends of old have since quit FR and it's hard making new ones. The game has become a Facebook world of who's got the most rares or who's the most popular. It's definitely not as fun and laid back as it was. Hopefully, Sunstone valley will bring with it some much needed changes and entice the old players to come back as well.
    But it's not just the people of FR that has changed, the overall feel of the game has diminished too. Combat and minigames used to be fun. Now, just monotony. Also, the coin shop/sc shop/prize wheels/clothing/holiday events/quest lines all need an update.

Crossing fingers that SV will be a breath of fresh air.
    Last edited by tmorningstar; 05-18-2012 at 12:46 PM.
    If you believe in Jesus Christ as your savior and aren't afraid to admit it, put this in your siggie.

Yoshinator is offline Master Gamer

Yes..... very down.... I am debating to quit or stay .-. I have been playing for a few years now and its finally starting to make me decide.
    RandomBarbi likes this.

1st Generation Free Realmer
    3rd Generation Insider

ninjablade2000 is offline Master Gamer

Yeah...I used to enjoy FR a lot more...I barley play now.

This is because the community of FR has just dropped. The new players think rares are everything, and some (not saying ALL) veteran players are getting a bit big-headed since they have all the rares that new plays do not have. I think it's very immature, making someone else upset over a bunch of pixels. When I started, I was really young and someone actually made me cry by calling me bad names through whisper. They said it was just a 'test' but swore at me and harassed me until I ran to my bathroom crying.

If the player base could become a bit more mature and stop acting like they're five then FR would be a lot more enjoyable.
    RandomBarbi likes this.
    hello

Dark Jade is offline Master Gamer

I totally agree with everyone above. The players are meaner than ever...I swear every time I go to a "populated" area, someone is getting scammed or put down. It's seriously unfair to everyone...I know SOE does everything they can with the scamming, and bullying issues, but sometimes that's not enough. Every time I see scamming or bullying going on, I always think of a song...."Why can't we be friends?"
    kylar10, AmazinKat and RandomBarbi like this.

"Keep me close, keep me close.
    Keep my head above
    water.
    I need to hear your voice
    ."

Miss Morose is offline Master Gamer

Mm, no. I don't think FR has gone down, not as much as the community has. I see bullying and harrassing everytime I get online and stay online for more than five minutes. It kills me to see how people treat eachother, players picking on newer players . . It is just very upsetting to watch. I've gotten into the habit of telling every newer player I see being made fun of how to use the 'ignore' and 'report' buttons. Two buttons every player in FR must know by heart now, unforunately players forget that these 'pixels' they're talking to are people with feelings.

@ninjablade, yes, I've actually seen this kind of bullying. I was at Seaside when I saw two girls picking on someone because she was new to the game. I told the newer player how to report and ignore people like that, and even asked the girls bullying her why they did what they did. It really disturbed me that they were 'testing' her, seeing if he was 'hard enough' to play a childrens' game. The bully just kept going on and on about how you need to get used to this kinda of stuff, which is just really stupid. . It's people like her that make this game what it is.

I have been playing Free Realms since 9/14/09, and only last year I was called a 'noob' for the first time. Because I wouldn't trade a pair of Non-Tradeable shoes. The bullying in this game is out of hand, and I don't blame SOE at all. There isn't much they can do about this kind of stuff, bullying like this is in almost every other online game, I guess people forget that behind every screen name there is a person who's now hurting because of this selfish way of thinking.
    Morose: Having a withdrawn gloomy personality.
    IGN: Heather Mistblade

kylar10 is offline Master Gamer

In my own words, I believe FR has become just a little more like the real world. I used to be able to go on and have fun with my friends on FR without fear of having that one Troll deciding to ruin our fun. Forget about the helpful leadership figures of the old FR because now it is a total Free-For-All whether you think so or not.No one tries to stick up for the new guy or girl in risk of being guilty by association. It is a terrible cycle of life and I am highly against it.
    Sadly no one, not even the devs try to do anything significant against the profanity,hacking,scamming, and just down right disrespect shown to each other. It is literally like constant verbal PVP

"I am a Veteran of Free Realms, and I say: 'Why do we fight? Is there no possibility of everyone just simply stop being jerks to each other? With this I bid you ado Sacred Grove. Call me when SV comes out."

@Miss Morose. WHAT? Testing her? That is not even right, I mean, it is a children's game as you metioned, and I understand if you wish to warn the newer people to some of the jerks on FR but.... Is it really necessary? Kudos to you for what you inform the newer players to do.
    Last edited by kylar10; 05-18-2012 at 01:57 PM.
    CALL TO ACTION: SUNSTONE VALLEY.
    FR IGN:Austin Rubyspear. Faithful Brony.
    Minecraft ID:K45D2. Virtous Paragon.

RandomBarbi is offline Pro Gamer

Plus bring back our beloved vault and pet training. Im like Yoshinator its should i stay or leave. Its becoming like IMVU in ways , the newb calling little kids acting like there superior with the rares and EXTREME BULLYING. i kept holding this in but if we don't get it together fr might be over, it sucks

tmorningstar is offline Pro Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by ninjablade2000 View Post
    Yeah...I used to enjoy FR a lot more...I barley play now.

This is because the community of FR has just dropped. The new players think rares are everything, and some (not saying ALL) veteran players are getting a bit big-headed since they have all the rares that new plays do not have. I think it's very immature, making someone else upset over a bunch of pixels. When I started, I was really young and someone actually made me cry by calling me bad names through whisper. They said it was just a 'test' but swore at me and harassed me until I ran to my bathroom crying.

If the player base could become a bit more mature and stop acting like they're five then FR would be a lot more enjoyable.
    I blame that on SOE. They changed their ESRB rating in order to target a younger audience. Why? Because kids are willing to throw down some of ma and pa's money on SC and virtual items without much hesitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Jade View Post
    I totally agree with everyone above. The players are meaner than ever...I swear every time I go to a "populated" area, someone is getting scammed or put down. It's seriously unfair to everyone...I know SOE does everything they can with the scamming, and bullying issues, but sometimes that's not enough. Every time I see scamming or bullying going on, I always think of a song...."Why can't we be friends?"
    IMO, I don't think SOE does everything they can. I've seen an ambassador being harassed with some very vulgar language. I mean absolutely vulgar. And that ambassador did nothing for the longest time!! It happened at a house party, so BOTH the ambassador and House Party himself could've reported the incident very quickly and banned those people without the incident dragging on for as long as it did. I think if SOE didn't allow name changes, they would have time to take care of the real problems. Think about it...how many people on your friend's list actually keep their names for longer than 3 weeks?? The newer players (and some old) are always changing their names it seems like. I've gotten to the point where I delete any body who changes their name more then twice within a month or change it without telling me who they were before.

And this whole business of 'testing' people and bullying people makes me angry. Do the 'testers' not realize how ignorant they look trying to be superior in a KIDS game? But that's why they bully. They are weak minded individuals with an inferiority complex and the only way to make themselves feel bigger and better is to find and pick on someone weaker than they are. It almost makes me wanna walk around as a newb just so one of them can pick on me. Then I could give them a taste of their own medicine... But alas! Our words must always be full of grace. So I will take them down with kindness... They hate it when you give them the opposite reaction they are looking for.
    If you believe in Jesus Christ as your savior and aren't afraid to admit it, put this in your siggie.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast