Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Ninja Anna is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Daily Brain Teasers #6

1) Two mothers and two daughters went out to eat, everyone ate one burger, yet only three burgers were eaten in all. How is this possible?

2) You're in a room with 3 light switches. Next to your room is another room with the door closed. Inside that room are 3 lights. You do not know which switch controls which light. How can you figure out which switch controls which light? You can only enter the room with the lights once.

3) A man and his wife were driving in a car, when the wife's behaviour caused him to stop the car and rush to the nearest house. When he returned to the car, he found his poor wife at death's door and there was a stranger in the car with her. When the police arrived, they did not arrest or even question the stranger. How come?

4) Three girls are taking a bull to the zoo when their car brakes down. They motion for a guy to pull over. They ask to use his phone to call the zoo. He agrees, but says it would cost them $1 for every word. They only had $1 dollar. They paid the man and five minutes later the zoo was there. What was the one word used?

5) Two men went to a pet store to buy a puppy. The first man paid $10 and the clerk asked him if he would like a poodle, a labrador, or a golden retriever. The man chose a poodle. The other man gave the clerk $10. The clerk gave the man a golden retriever. The clerk and man both said nothing. How did the clerk know what the man wanted?

6) This brain teaser involves a family relationship and a gun.
    You caught me off guard now I'm runnin' and screamin'. I feel like a hero and you are my hero*ne. And I feel a weakness comin' on never felt so good to be so wrong. Had my heart on lockdown!

Ella Sparkleflower is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Daily Brain Teasers #6

4. The man was holding the golden retriever.

SEID IHR DAS ESSEN? NIEN, WIR SIND DIE JÄGER

Pandamonaeus is offline Master Gamer

1. Not 4 separate people but 3 in relation to each other. Grandmother, mother and daughter?

2. No idea.

3. She was in labor and died/is about to die from/during childbirth. The stranger is her kid.

4. Comfortable! Have heard this one before.

5. $10 was the price of a golden lab? The clerk didn't ask him to choose.

6. The phrase, "you son of a gun"

♫♪♫ ♫♪♫
    *PLEASE send me a message if you are selling me things, as I never remember to check back.*

1) they shared 1 burger?
    2) The switches and lights were differnt coxlors so you knew? o_o
    3) Because the starnger might have been 1 of the police investigating and the wife actually killed herself?
    4) Help?
    5) The Man pointed to which he wanted
    6) I think its What Pandamoneus said...

sparkles is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker705 View Post
    1) Two mothers and two daughters went out to eat, everyone ate one burger, yet only three burgers were eaten in all. How is this possible?

2) You're in a room with 3 light switches. Next to your room is another room with the door closed. Inside that room are 3 lights. You do not know which switch controls which light. How can you figure out which switch controls which light? You can only enter the room with the lights once.

3) A man and his wife were driving in a car, when the wife's behaviour caused him to stop the car and rush to the nearest house. When he returned to the car, he found his poor wife at death's door and there was a stranger in the car with her. When the police arrived, they did not arrest or even question the stranger. How come?

4) Three girls are taking a bull to the zoo when their car brakes down. They motion for a guy to pull over. They ask to use his phone to call the zoo. He agrees, but says it would cost them $1 for every word. They only had $1 dollar. They paid the man and five minutes later the zoo was there. What was the one word used?

5) Two men went to a pet store to buy a puppy. The first man paid $10 and the clerk asked him if he would like a poodle, a labrador, or a golden retriever. The man chose a poodle. The other man gave the clerk $10. The clerk gave the man a golden retriever. The clerk and man both said nothing. How did the clerk know what the man wanted?

6) This brain teaser involves a family relationship and a gun.
    1. There was a Grandmother, a Mother, and a daughter. Heard this riddle with males which was: A Grandfather, a Father, and a son.

2. Flick all the switches on. Then it doesn't matter which is the right one!

3. She was in labor and died/is about to die from/during childbirth. The stranger is her kid.

4. Comfortable

5. $10 was the price of a golden lab? The clerk didn't ask him to choose.

6. "Son of a gun"
    Well Mister Smarty Pants I don't go running around.
    -Haha funny trolololol (randomness)

The Painbringer is offline Master Gamer

1) The mother was the mother of the two girls, and one of the daughters had a child. That child was not present.

2) Flick two switches on, and then flick one off. Walk in the room. Feel the two light bulbs that are not on. The one that is warmer is the one that you turned off, the one you never turned on is the other. And the one still on is obviously the one you turned on.
    Last edited by The Painbringer; 03-13-2011 at 04:27 PM.
    Before you insult someone, walk a mile in their shoes
    That way, your a mile away and you have their shoes

Ninja Anna is offline Amateur Gamer

Answers (Sorry they are late):
    1) They were a grandmother, mother and daughter.
    2) Turn one switch on and leave it on for 1 hour. This is switch A. After the hour is up turn the light off and turn another light on (switch B). Go in to the room with the lights. The light that's hot is light A. The light that is on is light B. and the light that is off, but not hot is light C.
    3) The woman had delivered a baby.
    4) Comfortable- com(come) for(for) ta(the) ble(bull)
    5) The prices for the dogs were: Poodle $8, Labrador $9, Golden Retriever $10. The first man put down a $10 bill so he could chose what he wanted. The second man put down $10, one $5 bill and five $1 bills therefore the clerk knew what the man wanted.
    6) Son of a gun.
    You caught me off guard now I'm runnin' and screamin'. I feel like a hero and you are my hero*ne. And I feel a weakness comin' on never felt so good to be so wrong. Had my heart on lockdown!