Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Autumn Roselake is offline Master Gamer

Default Chat Thread for November - a good Holiday Month

Hey everyone,

Whats going on this month for you? Of course Thanksgiving. We also have a birthday in our family. My husbands birthday is the 15th. Voting day is the 4th. and my niece is expecting a baby around the 17th. So of course this is going to be ANOTHER busy month.

You kewl writer types will have lots of cool days to stay in, stay warm and write.

I plan on reading a lot and sewing a lot too. And of course my online time. Also i need to finish up the new Nancy Drew game. I love those. I don't know why but i do.

You guys are awesome. I love reading all your posts and your stories too!

Soccerchamp098 Guest

Default Re: Chat Thread for November - a good Holiday Month

Thanks, roselake!!! I'm glad there are people to vent to .... my parents get lost at the words I use .... they say that they are too big :/

This month I am going up north for cold weather and turkey ... I can't wait! Well, actually, this week hasn't been too hot down here .... it was a pleasant surprise. So my last week of October was a very nice and beautiful one [:

I plan to do that exact thing! I plan to curl up with my pad and pencil and vent my mind whenever I can. Though I could probably just sit outside if I wanted to stay warm .... :/

I plan on reading, staying pace with the school load, counting the days for Twilight to come out, seeing the movie at 12:01 on Friday, venting my mind, living for friends, pushing hopeful boys out, and making life the best it can be. And, I'm positive I will be able to achieve all of the above [;

Flablo is offline Amateur Gamer

Hi Roselake, Soccer champ, everyone else

Oh and Roselake, Turkey days already done for us Canadians! Oh! Congratulations on the new grand kid (Well, early congratulations) And a voting? Fun fun. Stephen Harper Is the primeminister, i think. I don't follow politics. xD Say Happy birthday to your husband for me!

Well, Right now our Crab Is molted, as said before, so thats whats going on. And Soccer - they are VERY VERY Complex creatures. I'm going to work on books over the winter.

lets see.

Well, I'd have to say that before you ever decide to get a hermit crab, you have to do research. I probably pulled a bad one on not having the tank set up when I got them - but they got used to It, and survived. You have to be careful and let them de-stress when you first get them, So your not supposed to Un-bury them at all. I was surprised when they sold my a hermit crab that was getting ready to molt, but alot of stores don't know much about Hermit crabs yet. You can usually only keep about 5 tops (3 JUMBOS, 5 micros, etc) In a 10 gallon. It's funner and better the more you have, though! So I'm planning on getting the 40 gallon up. There are different signs of molting, Eyes glazed, digging, Lethargy, Eating / drinking alot. They do have "Dominance" Issues at some points -- some will take over the Cocohut and not let anyone else Into It. I know pod does that. well, occasioanlly the others are allowed in. Scooter likes to dig next to the salt water dish, And Google loves too hide In the shells (He messed my little pile up ALL THE TIME!!) Under the plant. You can't give Hermit crab's a light unless you give them hiding places, because they can get over heated and attack each other. They need high Humidity In there tank, because they have gils, That are specially devolped. They are high stress pets, when they molt you can kill them with kidness by finding them(digging them up) Or even just sneaking peeks.

They need a special diet, you can't use store bought food, It has Chemicals that can kill them. T-rex Is a special brand thats mostly trusted, so I get there dishes / accesories mostly from It. I learned a tip, though, Instead of buying an artifical cocohut, for 8.00, you can get coconuts for about 1.50 And saw them In half, and give them it It provides a special treat... and a house!!!

you also can't give them gravel, or fish stuff. they can't get under, to de-stress / Molt. you can't leave food In (you have to give them fresh food and veggies) for too long, becuase they can get dangerous mites! Theres a lot more, but this Is some basics.
    Last edited by Flablo; 11-01-2008 at 03:27 PM.
    "You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you."
    -Dale Carnegie

Soccerchamp098 Guest

Very ... very .... complex. I think my brain is going to like explode or something xD

You're Canadian? I'm American ...... and politics are WAY too complicated for me to even think about. It's all so confusing ..... good thing I don't have to vote yet xD

Speaking of politics, I just saw a B.O. negative advertisment .... it's starting to get a little hot in the politics seat as they wait for the election. Well whoever loses better be a good sport about it or else they will see me with Jasper calming someone down .... xD

That's all, folks xD

Haha yeah I saw a commercial dissing some policitan and then The otherw as like "I'M -NAME NAME- AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE." Yeah, you do because Its dissing the other. :p

And yeah, complex. not too hard to learn about, though.

HERMIT-CRABS.COM. Your hermit crab care headquarters! < thats the site I use.
    "You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you."
    -Dale Carnegie

Soccerchamp098 Guest

Yeah, politics are just guys that are power-hungry, I guess :p

Wow that's A LOT of information on that site xD

Yeah, It Is, you know whats weird.. I only typed in hermitcrabs.com It added the "Your hermit crab care headqauters!" Its probably one of the best sites. I like the HCA, there all nice members..
    -Dale Carnegie

Autumn Roselake is offline Master Gamer

We had a hermit crab once and it died. I think my daughter forgot to water it. Poor thing. Anyhow you should write a how to book. I have a friend who's written a book about dragonflies and something else, i think water birds, but anyhow he got them published. SO there is a demand for that type of thing.

Oh, Twilight is coming out this week? Then i better hurry up and read it before i hear people talking about it. I hate when someone spoils the plot for me.

And I for one will be glad the election will be over on Tuesday. I'm going to vote, but i'm getting real tired of hearing all of the ads.

I hope you guys had a good weekend. Mine was real busy. & Flablo, i love Canada!!! I hate that we have to get passports now to travel there. I've been to Niagara Falls about a dozen times and to Nova Scotia and New Brunswich once years ago. I'd love to go back since I've read the Anne of Green Gables books.

Have a wonderful, blessed week!!

my my, You like too go to Niagra falls? I don't ever recall going there.. hours & hours away.. LOL

Yeah, I live In Canada .. Its a nice place.

I just played warhammer with my brother.. he won.. LOL.

I'm making a new goal to find A Straw(Strawberry) Hermit crab One day, one day!! (There sooo cute they look like hermit crabs @_@ I can only find E's right now. (Ecuadorians) no PP's or anything. )

I love the E's however, there sooo cute.
    -Dale Carnegie

Soccerchamp098 Guest

Roselake - No, Twilight is coming out in .... two weeks [:

Flablo - Wow ... I've never been to Canada, but I sure want to go!!!

Isn't there like a dollar or so difference between items there and in the USA?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast