Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 58
Like Tree2Likes

Title: Can't Sleep =/

  1. #1
    Ribkah's Avatar
    Ribkah is offline Master Gamer
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,878

    Default Can't Sleep =/

    Hey Guys. I was wondering if you could help me out. Every night I've been getting less and less sleep. The next day I lose lots of energy and it's hard to focus on things. I'm getting bags under my eyes and my head hurts. No matter how early or how late I go to bed, it doesn't help much. I toss and turn a lot and when I wake up everything hurts. Do you have any tips of what I can do? I try to stay away from sleeping pills, because of the damage they cause. But I do sometimes take them for a good nights rest. Thanks everyone

    IGN: Ribkah


  2. #2
    RandomBarbi is offline Pro Gamer
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    554

    Default Re: Can't Sleep =/

    Do u have fears before you go to bed? That might be a problem . If thats not it you should try chamomile tea , also if you're hungry a bannana helps.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    865

    Default Re: Can't Sleep =/

    Have you tried counting sheep?

    Sorry you are having this problem, it happens to me sometimes too. You just need to clear your mind or something. What I sometimes do is sleep in another spot than you normally do. Ex: Instead of my bed, I will sleep on the couch. Don't know why it helps, but it works for me!



  4. #4
    Ribkah's Avatar
    Ribkah is offline Master Gamer
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,878

    Default Re: Can't Sleep =/

    Quote Originally Posted by RandomBarbi View Post
    Do u have fears before you go to bed? That might be a problem . If thats not it you should try chamomile tea , also if you're hungry a bannana helps.
    Hmmmm noo I don't think I have any fears before I go to bed. I'm not really hungry either. Perhaps I should try the tea, you're right. Thankyou very very much (:

    IGN: Ribkah


  5. #5
    3daysgrace's Avatar
    3daysgrace is offline Master Gamer
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,472

    Default Re: Can't Sleep =/

    This might not sound good but when I have trouble sleeping I drink warm milk or green tea something like that.
    "Stand up for what you believe in even if that means standing alone" ~Andy

  6. #6
    Ribkah's Avatar
    Ribkah is offline Master Gamer
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,878

    Default Re: Can't Sleep =/

    Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Chameleon View Post
    Have you tried counting sheep?

    Sorry you are having this problem, it happens to me sometimes too. You just need to clear your mind or something. What I sometimes do is sleep in another spot than you normally do. Ex: Instead of my bed, I will sleep on the couch. Don't know why it helps, but it works for me!
    Oh! That's very clever. That's a good idea, thankyou! I'll try that. Thankyou (:

    IGN: Ribkah


  7. #7
    Ribkah's Avatar
    Ribkah is offline Master Gamer
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,878

    Default Re: Can't Sleep =/

    Quote Originally Posted by 3daysgrace View Post
    This might not sound good but when I have trouble sleeping I drink warm milk or green tea something like that.
    Oh, yeah! I did some researching, and I read that that helps! Thankyou very very much, I shall do that. =D

    IGN: Ribkah


  8. #8
    Princess Celestina's Avatar
    Princess Celestina is offline Master Gamer
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,141

    Default Re: Can't Sleep =/

    Hello
    In 2009, I was diagnosed with Insomnia, which is basically a fancy word that means I had a chronic disorder that prevented me from being able to sleep, but I was constantly dozing off during the day. Not being able to sleep could be caused by one or more of many reasons... Checking your phone too often at night, being on the computer way too often, constantly worrying or fretting about something, being hungry, having an iron deficiency, etc. For me, it was having an iron deficiency and being on the computer way too much. I remember it being so bad to where I couldn't eat much, even though I wanted to, and I would pull all-nighters on the computer. I would doze off in class and didn't realize it. Even though I'm an A+ student, I almost failed because of this... I looked pale, cold, and lifeless. People told me I looked ill every day, and I told them I wasn't sick.
    My life was in God's hands. I asked Him to give me strength to help me through it, and look at where I am now. I was finally completely cured by August of 2010. God healed me.
    I started taking iron tablets, and I grounded myself from the computer for about half a year because I thought it'd be best, and it was.

    Where you stop is where you start again.
    Celestina Corinne

  9. #9
    Ribkah's Avatar
    Ribkah is offline Master Gamer
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,878

    Default Re: Can't Sleep =/

    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Celestina View Post
    Hello
    In 2009, I was diagnosed with Insomnia, which is basically a fancy word that means I had a chronic disorder that prevented me from being able to sleep, but I was constantly dozing off during the day. Not being able to sleep could be caused by one or more of many reasons... Checking your phone too often at night, being on the computer way too often, constantly worrying or fretting about something, being hungry, having an iron deficiency, etc. For me, it was having an iron deficiency and being on the computer way too much. I remember it being so bad to where I couldn't eat much, even though I wanted to, and I would pull all-nighters on the computer. I would doze off in class and didn't realize it. Even though I'm an A+ student, I almost failed because of this... I looked pale, cold, and lifeless. People told me I looked ill every day, and I told them I wasn't sick.
    My life was in God's hands. I asked Him to give me strength to help me through it, and look at where I am now. I was finally completely cured by August of 2010. God healed me.
    I started taking iron tablets, and I grounded myself from the computer for about half a year because I thought it'd be best, and it was.
    Ah yes! Insomnia. While on a trip across the country, I met a woman who was telling me about that. She had it pretty bad, and it was depressing =/ I had thoughts about that, if I had it or not. I'm so so so sorry that you had it, and I am so very glad it is over now for you. And you are so right! Electronics give off that blueish glow, which stops your brain from sleep. But the problem is, the more I can't sleep, the more I do things on my phone to try and become tired, then that makes me not sleep more, then I use it more and it's like a cycle! You had a brilliant idea to get more sleep, and I will use it. Thankyou so much, Celestina!

    IGN: Ribkah


  10. #10
    3daysgrace's Avatar
    3daysgrace is offline Master Gamer
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,472

    Default Re: Can't Sleep =/

    Quote Originally Posted by Ribkah View Post
    Oh, yeah! I did some researching, and I read that that helps! Thankyou very very much, I shall do that. =D
    Your welcome
    "Stand up for what you believe in even if that means standing alone" ~Andy

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •