Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Title: Boy oh boy.

The Flaming Trident is offline Master Gamer

Default Boy oh boy.

It's been what, almost 2 years since the game closed? Forgot that it existed till I just randomly dreamt about it last night so I thought I'd just check in here. Seeing as the latest post was like a week ago, it looks like there are still a few lurkers.
    "This forum is now closed and read-only" - No one ever

Zimster is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Boy oh boy.

Yeah, not a lot though but some anyway.

Even though it seems like a lot could live without the game, they always think back to it.

Hope you're doing well!
    "Don't cry because it's over: smile because it happened."

Annie Hawkclaw is offline Master Gamer

Yay lurkers!
    I always enjoy a quick peak at this site because of all the good memories it contains.

Spoiler: show

(Also known as Annie, Green, or Froggy)

thisisnick is offline Newbie Explorer

Why did the game shut down?
    Nicholas Oribio

The Flaming Trident is offline Master Gamer

In a nutshell:

- They wanted to put funds/resources into Landmark and Everquest Next (mainly the latter)
    - Kids don't buy
    - Kids grow up
    - Kids are mean

Those are like the "official" reasons that were given, but there's probably other factors too like stuff being too cheap, lack of advertising/TV exposure, etc. It sucks because it was a good game, but it is what it is.

I'm doing pretty well myself, and I hope you guys all had a great Thanksgiving and that you have a wonderful winter break in a few weeks.
    "This forum is now closed and read-only" - No one ever

Kayopuro is offline Master Gamer

I checked in because you were texting me about the forums, now I cant seem to stop checking in and re-reading fights and messages.

This ends on a good note.

People online: 1
    Bots online: 4,349

Ragu is offline Pro Gamer

Hey all! I hope everyone had a merry Christmas and a happy new year.

Kessha is offline Amateur Gamer

There is not a day that goes by where I don't think about this game, and being home over break from college really made me miss the times when I would be on for hours and play, build, and hang. This game was truly life changing. I actually found a way to view the website, all you need to do is search way back machine then enter www.free realms.com and you can see the site and interact with some portions of it. It's great nostalgia.
    I also have a plan up my sleeve to get Free Realms some recognition. You see I am a TV/Film major in college and spent a semester in LA and interned for Walt Disney Studios and for X-Men and I made tons of calls to companies asking if the films rights were open to a title. If I can find a number or email(for some reason day break is hard to find) I'm gonna ask if the film rights are available, maybe that'll get them thinking that they should bring Free Realms back. Also cause I want to write a free realms screenplay so, win win!
    I hope everyones well! I miss all of you, free realms I feel like is slowing withering away, but has a little bit of shine left, even Mystic Mayhem's website is all locked and down which is even more sad. Thinking about how this site used to be booming with life and how if you were gone a few days you missed so much. Now it's just the last few. I found my Free Realms building notebook and all the designs I had and I found papers everywhere in my house from the game and I was tearing up at all the great memories that I had. Sorry if this post was sad guys, this is really the first time I actually enacted on visiting the sites since it closed and needed to get it off my chest. I hope one day we can all rejoin a game we all once loved. I love you all for sticking around.
    Last edited by Kessha; 01-15-2016 at 11:22 AM.