Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Title: ayee

trish19 is offline Master Gamer

Icon1 ayee

Hello hello.
    I decided to check FR and FRI as well yesterday and I was surprised that this site has become less active than it was during the "golden age" of Free Realms.
    Seems like almost everybody I knew that played has moved on and Free Realms seems less crowded as well.
    The admins here are gone too which surprised me the most.

I'm pretty sad that all of this is happening. I thought Free Realms would continue to thrive and expand.
    Maybe I'll continue checking in on FRI and FR. But uhm anyway hello guys. (-:
    cassidy_ likes this.

----

Egg Zachly is offline Banned

Default Re: ayee

Lets think about this logistically. This site is less active then it was during the "golden age" of FR. Derp!? The "golden age" of FR would imply that the time in question was FR at it's peak performance and popularity so obviously there is going to be less active members now then during FR's finest hours. Why would you be surprised by this? It is common sense. Most of the people you knew who played has moved on and FR seems less crowded too.

Let us examine the overall content of the game. Well there's jobs to level up and max out, there collections to complete, quests to complete and now recently achievements to complete as well. How long does it take exactly to complete all of the content in the game? By my estimates even a new player with no prior knowledge of the game or its mechanics and no prior experiences with MMOs can complete all the content in the game in less then 500 hours. And what is there to do after you have completed all the content in the game? Well... Nothing really...

You thought that FR would continue to thrive and expand. Why? In the nearly 5 years of FR's existence they have had abysmal content updates or expansions. The largest being the SSV update and even that did not live up to expectations. With a game being so stagnant for so long and not adding additional content to the game on a regular and consistent basis players have found that they have nothing left to do in the game and then they move on. How is it then surprising to find out that the game is nearly empty with little to no activity and why would you think that a game that for years has ignored their player base would thrive or expand?

Once again common sense and rational thinking will lead you to the answers. You can clearly discern the state of this game based on empirical observation and when you consider the history of the development of this game it is anything but surprising. The only thing that is surprising is that the game is still around at all. Yes, it is indeed sad but luckily SOE is finally starting to get their act together and are trying to salvage what is left of this otherwise dead game. Whether or not their attempts will succeed is yet to be seen but at least they are finally trying.

Now as far as the site goes, the dip in activity is not so surprising either. When there is decreased interest and activity in the game of course the community is going to suffer and therefor there will be decreased interest and activity on the site as well. More of that common sense thinking that I mentioned earlier. The absence of the admins is also not so surprising when you think about it. The site was started during the "golden age" of FR when it was at its peak popularity and activity. Back then there was more incentive to organize and rally support for the game as it was experiencing a "boom" at the time and attracting more site members meant more site activity and therefor more ad revenue for the admins. Now with a nearly nonexistent member base, there is not nearly the same amount of incentive to invest the same level of effort or support for the site. This coupled with the fact that as time goes on, priorities change and people take on new responsibilities means that they also simply do not have time to be wasting on dying game and crippled site. Nothing about any of this is surprising at all. But I digress. Welcome back to the site and enjoy your stay. You will find that FRI is a lot stranger than you remembered it to be.
    DespicableDani likes this.

I certainly have no common sense then. It might not be surprising to other people but it was to me.
    Asking why I was surprised? I just was. I can't really explain very well why I was either.
    I mean, I didn't properly think and evaluate right then and there the reason why the admins are gone and the daily number of posts have gone down when I checked the site out.
    A few months ago, when I was checking in on FRI & FR, the site was still going on strong so I thought it'd keep it up even til now.

But it didn't. So, I guess I was surprised(?)
    Nice to meet you by the way.

----

This site has been on a downward spiral since I have joined... Nearly 2 years ago... "Going on strong" is a relative term. It certainly has its moments but even on an "active" day it pails in comparison to what would have been considered a "dead" day 2 years ago. I would say that it is more accurately described as "being on life support" at the moment. And that goes double for the game... Maybe things will get better in the future but all one can do is look to the past to make an educated guess about what may or may not happen later and if we do that well, then things aren't looking so good... But back on the topic of "being surprised," I guess you weren't around for the announcements made back in August... If you were you would quickly realize the error in assuming that things would be better now... But I digress. Pleasure to meet your acquaintance.

Ragu is offline Pro Gamer

It's nice to see a familiar face. How are you doing, Dyroxx?

EDIT: If you are looking for the section that is most like how the site used to be in terms of atmosphere, please feel free to stop by the <Insiders> section. We don't bite.
    Last edited by Ragu; 01-13-2014 at 12:22 AM.
    Princess Celestina likes this.

Gummybearzrawr is offline Master Gamer

Hello person idk c: Welcome back!

IGN~Gummy
    ├čear

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Zachly View Post
    This site has been on a downward spiral since I have joined... Nearly 2 years ago... "Going on strong" is a relative term. It certainly has its moments but even on an "active" day it pails in comparison to what would have been considered a "dead" day 2 years ago. I would say that it is more accurately described as "being on life support" at the moment. And that goes double for the game... Maybe things will get better in the future but all one can do is look to the past to make an educated guess about what may or may not happen later and if we do that well, then things aren't looking so good... But back on the topic of "being surprised," I guess you weren't around for the announcements made back in August... If you were you would quickly realize the error in assuming that things would be better now... But I digress. Pleasure to meet your acquaintance.
    All through the beginning of 2010 to 2012 FRI & FR have been doing good.
    But then at the end of 2012 & the start of 2013, I stopped playing and forgot about FRI, so I never knew what happened until now. Therefore, yes, I haven't been around for the announcements.

----

Quote Originally Posted by Ragu View Post
    It's nice to see a familiar face. How are you doing, Dyroxx?

EDIT: If you are looking for the section that is most like how the site used to be in terms of atmosphere, please feel free to stop by the <Insiders> section. We don't bite.

It's nice to see you again as well & you still remember me (or my alt at least). I'm doing good. How about you? (-:

----

Quote Originally Posted by Gummybearzrawr View Post
    Hello person idk c: Welcome back!
    Hey, thanks! (-:

----

Quote Originally Posted by trish19 View Post
    All through the beginning of 2010 to 2012 FRI & FR have been doing good.
    But then at the end of 2012 & the start of 2013, I stopped playing and forgot about FRI, so I never knew what happened until now. Therefore, yes, I haven't been around for the announcements.
    FR was definitely not doing good in 2012. Cant say about 2011, but I hear 2009-2010 was the "golden age" so I have to imagine that it started tapering off in 2011. Anyway, back in August SOE announced major layoffs due to budget restrictions. FR just isn't making the profit that they thought it would so now they are in frantic "repair mode" trying to keep the last of the subscribers happy which is why we had the "lost treasure month" in November where they brought back retired VRs and put them in the SC market place. Only time will tell if this last ditch desperate attempt to keep milking the already existing players instead of focusing on bringing in new players will actually pay off.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast