Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    COWS4YOU is offline I am COWS hear me moo

Default August 19th through 23rd Chat Thread

Here we are the 3rd week of August, does anything come to mind what this week is? This 3rd week of August is none other than Air Conditioning Appreciation Week! We all know that this month is usually a hot one. The fact that we go back to school and it is so hot out there, but remember that back in the days, there was no air conditioning at all. Here are some cooling tips:
    • Whole-house fans help cool your home by pulling cool air through the house and exhausting warm air through the attic. They are most effective when operated at night and when the outside air is cooler than the inside.
    • Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible in the summer. The less difference between the indoor and outdoor temperatures, the lower your overall cooling bill will be.
    • Don't set your thermostat at a colder setting than normal when you turn on your air conditioner. It will not cool your home any faster and could result in excessive cooling and, therefore, unnecessary expense.
    • Set the fan speed on high except in very humid weather. When it's humid, set the fan speed on low. You'll get better cooling, and, slower air movement through the cooling equipment allows it to remove more moisture from the air, resulting in greater comfort.
    • Consider using an interior fan in conjunction with your window air conditioner to spread the cooled air more effectively through your home without greatly increasing your power use.
    • Don't place lamps or TV sets near your air conditioning thermostat. The thermostat senses heat from these appliances, which can cause the air conditioner to run longer than necessary.
    • Plant trees or shrubs to shade air-conditioning units but not to block the airflow. A unit operating in the shade uses as much as 10% less electricity than the same one operating in the sun.

Everyone enjoy the rest of the week. I purposedly started this week's chat thread on Tuesday so that all those first day of school nerves are all gone and closed up on last week's chat thread. Nothing to be nervous about at all.
    EAT MOR CHIKIN

Flablo is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Re: August 19th through 23rd Chat Thread

Actually, It's quite cool down here today. Last day was very humid - and disgusting. I had the fan running last night, and was freezing cold In the morning, LOL.

It's cooled down Too much! I'm going to have a hot lunch today

I'll be doing some things today.. not sure what exactly. can't wait till I'm Old enough to get a job, I think It would be a great opportunity to learn things... We went to the pet store the other day.

There were these HUGGGGEEE Hermit crabs there! AT LEAST ten time the size of My three! Mr. Crabs, Pod, and Tank. Mr. crabs has a habit of burying himself under the water dish >_>

Our dog, cuddles, loves to watch them run around! They all move uniquely. Mr. crabs hates her, and jumps and runs as fast as possible, going Into his shell when Cuddles Is near.

Tank crawls on her nose, not caring, and she freaks out. xD I think he pinched her once? >

Pod, however, just ignores her and stares at her, using his feelers to touch her nose.

wow I should be using 'It' cause I have no clue If the hermit crabs are Male or female. there too young to tell - and ll need m ysister's help when there older to check there gender.
    "You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you."
    -Dale Carnegie

Soccerchamp098 Guest

WAHOO! GO AIR CONDITIONING!

Where I live, I would not be here and living without air conditioning ...... xD

I just finished the ..... third book. It took me two days instead of one ...... slightly long for me but it was good .... and shocking.

School was good .... I didn't have school today because of a storm ..... thank you fay, you rock!

Just kidding, just kidding. No offence to all of my teachers ..... I'm just very tired from running up three stories plus having to go to a totally seperate building ..... * major sigh *

I am onto New Moon now. Finished the first book in a day.

Flabo, how long have you had your hermit crabs?

Soccer: Just think of how in shape you will be with all those stairs (Just trying to think of something positive). I never had 3 stories, just two
    EAT MOR CHIKIN

Hmm, Lets see..

Since late July, I think - and there doing great! I know have there only little Schedule for feeding, bath time (Weekly) And such and such. ^__^

I found a site of how much they need protein, etc..

I'm SO Glad that I didn't kill them during there first bath LOL.

Tank has become very stubborn - and doesn't want to come out anymore.

Mr. krabs just grabs my sister's nails and pinches...as hard as he can!

And then Pod Is just a nice little guy :3

I need a good new books series to read.. I finished the Spider wick Chronicles In only a few days.. should have spread the time out a bit longer..so I could have made It last longer.... I want the field guide ! Time to crack out the Guitar books, I think I might REALLY Try hard this time. maybe I could ask my mom or dad to help me learn It..

Edit;

The Hermit crabs have been here for a month and ten days
    Last edited by Flablo; 08-20-2008 at 08:27 PM.
    "You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you."
    -Dale Carnegie

Very cool Flablo.

I am happy to say that I am on the last book of the Twilight Series. Can't wait to start on it. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend
    EAT MOR CHIKIN

Wow, you guys are fast readers

Anyway...

I have a swim meet with the other town thats near here, I'm already nervous as It Is! And Practice Is an hour away...OHMIGOSH I better start getting ready, LOL.

Hope you all hav a great day...wish me luck!

Well, I left the swim meet early, even before I got to go Into one race. They didn't plan It very well..oh well.
    Last edited by Flablo; 08-23-2008 at 10:05 AM.
    -Dale Carnegie

Sorry to hear you are are back so soon Flablo.

These books are pretty good and so I am reading a book a day, I just can't put it down as I have to see what happens. Though I had to put the last one down cause I have things to do today LOL. But I will be done with it by bedtime tomorrow. I stopped at a good point and I am okay with letting the book sit there on the table for now. But I will have it in my hands tonight

I was wondering what do hermit crabs eat?

Soccerchamp: So while I was reading the 3rd book, I remember what you said "and shocking" and I kept telling myself different scenerios. Glad to hear that Edward likes brunettes too
    EAT MOR CHIKIN

Hermit Crabs can eat a number of things. Mostly Fruits. No Junk food, But If they DO Really like It.. only In VERY VERY Small amounts, and VERY VERY Little of It. They can have Dairy products(Good for there Protein) But only as a treat, and only occasionally. I find they Enjoy Cucumber and Carrots, although thats just me. You can buy them store bought food - but that wastes money, and It has things In It that can hard them. I mean seriously, You can just toss them some Fruits + Vegtables, lol.

They also can have Grapes.. Brocoili heads.

so..

Carrots
    Grapes
    Mangoes(Suposively Not good? someone that I know that feeds them that gave It to them and they died the next day - however I have my Suspicions since they feed them Pretzels and Cheeses..LOL.)
    Cucumbers
    Brocoili head's.
    Olive Oil (put It on top of there food once In awhile, good for them)
    Banana
    Apple
    Orange
    Nuts(Not sure what type)
    Etc.
    -Dale Carnegie

Soccerchamp098 Guest

Hey People(s)!!

Sorry I haven't been on lately .... this afternoon I'm going to a movie with two of my friends ...... can't remember the name, but it's about a girl who plays football ..... YEAH!

Anyway, this week has been uneventfull ...... people already have dates to a dance that isn't happening for another year!!! Now I have to find a date before I'm the only person that doesn't have one .... the problem is, the guy that I like goes to a different school ...... *sigh* I guess I will just have to keep looking.

Boys ..... *sigh*

Anyway, hope you guys have a good weekend!!!

I'm out, peace [:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast