Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Title: Any other games like FreeRealms?

Snow wolf290 is offline Explorer

Default Any other games like FreeRealms?

Hello! I'm quitting Free Realms soon but before I leave I want to find an other game that's kind of like it. (That's free to play of course. )

Do you guys have any ideas? I tried searching for one but I can't find any that I like...

Wirox is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Re: Any other games like FreeRealms?

I don't really play games like that, but I've heard about IMVU and Second Life. I think these games are some kind similar to Free Realms.
    Snow wolf290 likes this.
    In-game name: Devin Silentshade

Zalesana is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Wirox View Post
    I don't really play games like that, but I've heard about IMVU and Second Life. I think these games are some kind similar to Free Realms.
    Those games are kind of like Free Realms as far as people standing around and talking goes because that's.. really all you can do. I think Second Live MIGHT have some minigames and I know you're able to walk around, explore, and fly, but there isn't any kind of leveling system and jobs. I should also warn you that I think both of those games are 18+ and I know at least IMVU shows it.

What do you mean by "games like free realms" exactly? If you mean targeted at kids then Wizard 101 might be a good match but if you mean a game with a lot of jobs then runescape might be good to play as long as you're the right age. If you want a dress up and stand around talking game, then IMVU and Second Life might be good for you again if you're the right age.
    Snow wolf290 likes this.

Mistyspring is offline Amateur Gamer

It's a shame you're quitting. But, life moves on:
    Onverse (didn't like it that much, basically social and exploring. No achievements)
    Wizard 101
    Pirate 101
    Planet Explorers (a space-based game with a quest line, amazing aliens and environments. The very first version is free. Multiplayer available only on paid version)
    Many people on the forums are running to and loving a game called Aura Kingdom.
    If you want, here's a link to a very long list of MMORPGs.

Good luck, and may the force be with you!
    Snow wolf290 likes this.
    SOE: Where games go to die.

Princess Celestina is offline Master Gamer

I tried IMVU for a little bit, and I wouldn't say it's 18+. In most cases, I'd say maybe 15+ would be more accurate. Also, IMVU isn't much of a game. However, I believe there are one or two minigames. Also, you can roleplay on IMVU. I know a lot of people are into that type of thing there. IMVU summed up into a few words: dress up and chat. That's really all there is to it.

I tried Second Life for a bit too. Same concept as IMVU, but I enjoyed it a lot less.

Aura Kingdom seems to be the more intense anime version of Free Realms. I think I'll give that one a shot today. I'll let you know how it goes.

My sister's boyfriend got me into League of Legends pretty recently. Basically, as he described it to me, it's real-time chess. It's free to play with the options of paying real money for different Champions (different avatar with a different class with unique abilities), but it's NOT pay to win. Everyone has an equal chance of winning, regardless of how much money you spend on the game. The least intimidating of Champions could win a battle against an almost demonic Champion.
    How do you win? Skill. It all depends on how comfortable you are with the gameplay and the Champion you are controlling.

Mabinogi seems to to have the same concept as Aura Kingdom. It's just a little bit older.

WildStar (currently in beta) is a lot like Free Realms in the sense that the world and all that lives in it seems to be a bit nature-y. Yanno, the whole "one with the earth" concept. If you like high-tech weapons and gear, they've got that too. They're not ALL Mother Nature's blessings. WildStar is also similar to Free Realms in the sense that there is comic relief here and there in the game. It's not ALL serious ALL the time.

Aion is pretty cool too. The world is HUMONGOUS--an upside and a downside, in my opinion. Upside: more to explore. More quests. More battles. Downside: takes up quite a bit of space on your computer. Takes a while to download (the longest I've heard it took Aion to download was a few days; for me, it took a few hours, at least).
    The graphics are absolutely gorgeous. The variety in the character creation is definitely worth noting. Never have I ever seen such a variety. You'd have to see it for yourself tounderstand what I mean. The only reason why I stopped playing was because my computer couldn't handle the game, and I experienced a ton of lag.

Wizard101 and Pirate101 are boring, in my opinion. There's not a lot to the games. I found myself chewing on the bone after only an hour of gameplay.

Onverse is more or less the child's version of IMVU. I found quite a few people on Onverse who play Free Realms.

DC Universe Online is pretty fun, regardless if you're a DC Comics fan or not. It's not really the type of game where the combat is like 11111111111111111111111111121111111112311111131112111111. Y'know? It definitely a lot more involved than that, and it never really is a bore. At all.

Chrono Tales is quite a bit like Mabinogi and Aura Kingdom.

City of Steam is really neat, if you're into the whole steampunk era. The combat is good. My favorite part of the game would be the graphics and the lore.

Games that look interesting but haven't tried:
    RIFT
    SWTOR
    GW2
    EQ2

That's all of the games I can think of at the moment that are worth noting.
    Last edited by Princess Celestina; 01-21-2014 at 04:07 PM.
    Snow wolf290 likes this.

Where you stop is where you start again.
    Celestina Corinne

Snow wolf290 is offline Explorer

Thank you everyone!

Sometime this coming weekend I'll look into those games, Thanks so much again!

Egg Zachly is offline Banned

Games with multiple jobs to level up and are f2P (to an extent): Runescape and Wurm Online. Most of the games mentioned above are nothing like FR with the exception of Mabinogi which was shut down a few years ago. Some of the games mentioned are even in a completely different genre...
    Zalesana likes this.

Jackky is offline Pro Gamer

You should try Runescape..
    Best Prices & Smooth Trades.*

pokegroup is offline Banned

Or Happy Wheels,

Or Team Fortress 2?
    Steam has TF2, but HW is Totaljerkface(.)com

Gore-y, but fun!

Egg Zachly is offline Banned

Of the games that have been listed, a quick run down of the ones that I know of are as followed:
    IMVU, Second Life and Onverse are social based MMOs. Essentially they are not even games just 3D virtual chat rooms...
    Wizard101 is a turn based MMO where you battle with cards sort of like Yugioh. It is also NOT f2p.
    Pirate101 is a mini game based MMO. Don't really know much more about it than that.
    League of Legends is a MOBA based MMO where you play as champions and direct minions to take over/destroy the enemies bases/defenses.
    Aion is more of your typical "asian grindfest" MMO similar to about 90% of all existing MMOs...
    DC Universe is a faction based MMO where you can choose to either be a hero or a villain. It is also not f2p the last time I checked...
    Guild Wars 2 is an action/fighting based MMO which is pretty much like Lord of the Rings in a lot of ways. It is also not f2p.
    I am either not familiar enough with the other games listed or am too lazy to describe them at this time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast