Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Autumn Roselake is offline Master Gamer

Default Any menu ideas?

I'm having the girls jv & varsity basketball team over for dinner Jan. 3rd. And the boys jv and varsity bb team for dinner on Jan. 10th. YIKEs.

Any good menu ideas. It'll be between 20 and 30 people each time. I've had the girls team several times for volleyball and basketball, so i'm not so worried about them, but i know the boys will eat a lot. Any ideas?

I know this is way off topic, but i thought someone might come up with some good suggestions. Especially ones that are economical.

Kali Spiritglen is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Re: Any menu ideas?

My, my, my .... that's a lot of food to prepare. I would do something in a crock pot or casserole dish for the main course. I make a chicken spaghetti that fills a large crock pot (diced chicken, spaghetti, cheese, celery, onion, and green pepper) and is pretty economical, but anything with pasta I would think would work well. Or maybe a picnic in January -- sloppy joes, baked beans, chips, etc. My dh thinks hot dog casserole is fabulous, but I certainly wouldn't serve it to guests...lol...it would be economical, but I hate the stuff. Good luck --- let us know what you decide on.

Alidog96 Guest

U should make somethin simply and easy to cook, like macrooni and cheese or something like that. Wat kind of dinner is it?

Autumn Roselake is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Alidog96 View Post
    U should make somethin simply and easy to cook, like macrooni and cheese or something like that. Wat kind of dinner is it?
    The teams just take turns going to each others houses once a week before a game. It's good for the team and i like having them over..... Just hard to decide what to fix each time.

Picnic in january sounds promising. hummmm i wonder if hubby would grill in the snow

Uppies is offline Amateur Gamer

Meatball hoagies would be fairly easy, just keep the meatballs warm in the crock pot.

Rowan Guest

Wow all this talk is making me hungry and it's only breakfast time! I like to make a lasagna for big dinner party's. Two cassaroles that also work are a turkey tetrazini or pulled pork for sandwiches. (I usually do the lasagna homemade but shhhhh I buy the other 2 frozen from Gordon Food Services, you might also have a BJ Wholesale or Sam's Club nearby with the same type of entrees). I make sure I don't serve them in the foil dish they come in though.

My neighborhood has a monthly soup dinner, like a neighborhood watch kind of thing, where we swap houses and have a big pot of soup, different kinds of bread and rolls and a few different desserts - a crock of chili might work in your case.

I really like Uppies meatball hoagie idea, I might actually try that when my house is full of boys next time, easy and the timing doesn't have to be perfect!

MissKookey Guest

do something like maybe icepops after the game

glamorousgirl Guest

In top of SPAGHETTI what about Spaghetti?Fish?Puertorrician traditional food????MMMM,I luv it

Alidog96 Guest

Go on webkinz.com to find some appiteserizers.

glamorousgirl Guest

Oh,yeah on Crafty critters section on recipes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast