Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Sarah Noblemind is offline Master Gamer

Default Alice in Wonderland...

I got bored, and I'm trying to get to 900, so I'm posting this. What exactly is Alice in Wonderland about? Not the new one, the old one, it doesn't have a point to me.

assassin64 is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Re: Alice in Wonderland...

Please keep your content family friends. Mature content should not be discussed on the FRI Forums. Thank you. Jillian Rosehill
    Last edited by Jillian Rosehill; 04-17-2010 at 08:10 PM. Reason: mature content
    Free Realms non-paying member since 2 million!
    lvl. 20 Adventurer, Ninja, Brawler, Pet Trainer, Chef, Card Duelist
    Spoiler: show

My in-game name is Nathiel Hawkshade (Main) Roy Earthfable (hoverboard)

EatMonkies is offline Master Gamer

All stories have a point...
    even though it's all a cop-out

Alice in Wonderland is about a girl who finds herself lost in a world of fantasy... because of her curiosity. It really does have no point other then to be a great piece of nonsensical literature. A book is there for being a book to read and uncover what will happen, Alice In Wonderland is just that.

(Link to deviantArt)

じゃ~、またね。

Sarah Noblemind is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by EatMonkies View Post
    All stories have a point...
    even though it's all a cop-out

Alice in Wonderland is about a girl who finds herself lost in a world of fantasy... because of her curiosity. It really does have no point other then to be a great piece of nonsensical literature. A book is there for being a book to read and uncover what will happen, Alice In Wonderland is just that.
    Oh, ty Monkies! I guess it does have a point, just no plot.

Zoey Cleversong is offline Master Gamer

I believe the story doesn't really have a plot because, to quote Wikipedia,
    Alice was written in 1865, exactly three years after the Reverend Charles Lutwidge Dodgson and the Reverend Robinson Duckworth rowed in a boat up the River Thames with three young girls:
    Lorina Charlotte Liddell (aged 13, born 1849) ("Prima" in the book's prefatory verse)
    Alice Pleasance Liddell (aged 10, born 1852) ("Secunda" in the prefatory verse)
    Edith Mary Liddell (aged 8, born 1853) ("Tertia" in the prefatory verse). The three girls were the daughters of Henry George Liddell, the Vice-Chancellor of Oxford University and Dean of Christ Church as well as headmaster of Westminster School. Most of the book's adventures were based on and influenced by people, situations and buildings in Oxford and at Christ Church, e.g., the "Rabbit Hole" which symbolized the actual stairs in the back of the main hall in Christ Church. It is believed that a carving of a griffon and rabbit, as seen in Ripon Cathedral, where Carroll's father was a canon, provided inspiration for the tale.
    The journey had started at Folly Bridge near Oxford and ended five miles away in the village of Godstow. To while away time the Reverend Dodgson told the girls a story that, not so coincidentally, featured a bored little girl named Alice who goes looking for an adventure.
    it was only a story made up to entertain the girls during the trip.
    Last edited by Zoey Cleversong; 04-17-2010 at 08:47 PM.