Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Pandamonaeus is offline Master Gamer

Default Aesop's Fables

A collection of the morals of Aesop's Fables that my fiance threw together. I thought I'd share them.

I don't know if this is applicable to you, but many parents have read these to their children. Personally, neither of us had that luxury (and some people find them to be unacceptable for young children) so we find them fascinating :]

The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny. - The Wolf and the Lamb

Zeal should not outrun discretion. - The Thirsty Pigeon

Those who suffer most cry out the least. - The Oxen and the Axle-Trees

The value is in the worth, not in the number. - The Lioness

No one truly forgets injuries in the presence of him who caused the injury. - The Laborer and the Snake

Harm seek, harm find. - The Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

What is sport to you, is death to us. - The Boys and the Frogs

Evil companions bring more hurt than profit. - The Sick Stag

Do not be in a hurry to change one evil for another. - The Oxen and the Butchers

Little liberties are great offenses. - The Lion, the Mouse, and the Fox

Old friends cannot, with impunity, be sacrificed for new ones. - The Goatherd and the Wild Goats

Notoriety is often mistaken for fame. - The Mischievous Dog

If you had not yourself had a loss, my friend, you would not thus counsel us. - The Fox Who Had Lost His Tail

Whatever you do, do with all your might. - The Boy and the Nettles

Those who seek to please everybody please nobody. - The Man and His Two Sweethearts

Why, in striving to pry into what is in heaven, do you not manage to see what is on earth? - The Astronomer

Pride goes before destruction. - The Fighting Roosters and the Eagle

In serving the wicked, expect no reward, and be thankful if you escape injury for your pains. - The Wolf and the Crane

Self-help is the best help. - Hercules and the Wagoner

The loiterer often blames delay on his more active friend. - The Traveler and His Dog

Birds of a feather flock together. - The Farmer and the Stork

The greatest kindness will not bind the ungrateful. - The Farmer and the Snake

No arguments will give courage to the coward. - The Fawn and His Mother

Fair weather friends are not worth much. - The Swallow and the Crow

Don't make much ado about nothing. - The Mountain in Labor

If men had all they wished, they would be often ruined. - The Tortoise and the Eagle

Pleasure brought with pains, hurts. - The Flies and the Honey Pot

One story is good, till another is told. - The Man and the Lion

If words suffice not, blows must follow. - The Farmer and the Cranes

Look before you leap. - The Fox and the Goat

Misfortune tests the sincerity of friends. - The Bear and the Two Travelers

♫♪♫ ♫♪♫
    *PLEASE send me a message if you are selling me things, as I never remember to check back.*

Piper is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Aesop's Fables

Wow thats cool. I want to read a few of them =]
    Im not pretty, Im not beautiful. I am as radiant as the sun.
    ~ Katniss Everdeen ~ District 12 tribute

Rain Wolfheart is offline Master Gamer

Some very good morals. Very interesting to read!!
    Allons-y.

Ciana Winterblossom is offline Master Gamer

I agree with Rain! Very interesting to read!

Sayonara Free Realms.
    I can be found on DC Universe Online. IGN - Suya
    I can also be found here.

These are just the morals :] the stories themselves are very short, like... a paragraph, lol.... so it's an extraordinarily easy read but teaches you quite a few things.

♫♪♫ ♫♪♫
    *PLEASE send me a message if you are selling me things, as I never remember to check back.*

Grim Soulreaper is offline Master Gamer

I've read all of them XD Short stories ... And yes they all have good morals. I think many find the morals unacceptable for kids cuz they would rather teach kids that everything ends with a happy ending and there are no consequences and the world is full of flowers and butterflies and unicorns and you can do anything you want and everything will go your way... Discipline is also something being called unacceptable these days... Which is surprising really... Discipline and Morals being scrutinized... I wonder how crime rate and unemployment will be in maybe 20 years... hmm. But yeah, good stories with good morals... We have a book of Aesop's fables and it is still read, mostly to my nephew now and it was read to me when I was younger. I never found them doing any damage to me.... I remember the one about the King, the Snake and the Eagle was a favorite of mine.. and there was one about a woodsman and a certain god.. The moral was honesty in that one as another woodsman wasn't so honest and reaped the consequence of cheating... Good stories XD
    Playing DCUO now

Yeah lol honestly I agree with you and I'd read them to my kids, but there are certain ones that bring to light topics that "shouldn't" be discussed with kids, such as the one I listed above with the man and his 2 sweethearts. Some of them just contain violence, which I guess is also "unacceptable". We're both pretty laid back tho lol so I'd read them all.

♫♪♫ ♫♪♫

Princess Claire is offline Master Gamer

I remember learning about those in 5th grade! Imma go google some of these xD!

"Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments..." -Deuteronomy 7:9

SuperstarAlyxx is offline Explorer

interesting... brings back memories