Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Ragu is offline Pro Gamer

Default 2017 Discussion Thread

Hey all!

This is Ragu, and I thought I would open up a thread here to discuss/reflect on both Free Realms and our lives, past and present. This site doesn't get a ton of traffic anymore, which doesn't require too much explanation.

Anyway, I'll start. I was barely a teenager when I began playing Free Realms in either September or October of 2009. I had a ton of free time on my hands, and Free Realms took the throne from the previous, mainly browser-based virtual worlds that I had been playing before for where I spent my free time online. I met many friends through the game, even if I disagreed with some then, and I still think of my experience and the community very positively. Even as life changed for me and I grew both busier and more distracted, Free Realms was kind of a constant for me until its closure. Life has been going pretty well since then, even with the occasional twist and turn, although I do still miss the game and the people that I played and interacted with. I'm currently a History major at my university, and I plan to eventually get into teaching as I continue down my education path.

In terms of lighter and more recent stuff, the Holiday season revolving around Christmas has just wrapped up, and New Years festivities are on the way. My Christmas went pretty well. I visited family on Christmas Eve and the day after Christmas (Boxing Day) and held a family celebration at my house on Christmas Day. In terms of games, I haven't been playing too much consistently, although I do log onto Rift, Villagers & Heroes, EverQuest II, Guild Wars 2, and Wizard101 to collect rewards for daily logins on-and-off. There are lots of things that I would love to play, watch, and read that I haven't had the chance to, although I am taking the opportunity with the month+ break in between semesters to do some of that.

That just about wraps up what I've been up to, so I hope that some of you can get the chance to post here if you see this thread up soon and/or within the coming year. Thanks again and I've been thinking of you guys!

EatMonkies is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: 2017 Discussion Thread

Hi Ragu

About me... I made it to university after a gap year and I am in my 3rd year of Computer Science. Recently I accepted a 16 month co-op for a company in the capital and I start soon so I'm pretty excited about that. FRI emails me around this time for my birthday and I was getting nostalgic so here I am.

To be honest, I haven't be able to find a community like this one since I left. I was kinda a butt at times but that's the power of childhood for you. I kinda wish I could have done better staying in touch with friends and the people from here after I left. Regardless, I will always have the community in my heart, it played an integral role in my life as I was growing up.

It would be cool to have everyone post a catching up, or etc... I wonder if everyone remembers their passwords.

And Happy New Year, everyone. <3

(Link to deviantArt)

じゃ~、またね。

Lilah Dimdal is offline Pro Gamer

I was very young and without many friends when I first hopped into Freerealms. I remember having a pixie named Lexi and purchased a Golden Retriever a my first companion. I summoned it, name it Lexi (forgetting my Avatar's name). I wanted to put Lexi away, doing so by licking the 'x'. I thought I deleted her, o I restarted he game and my system several times. I late learned two years later (with a new avatar) how to summon a pet.

Freerealms was not only an incredible game with astounding graphics, a fueling/interactive freestyle play, but it was much rather a community that was built on a free foundation. You could obtain any lifestyle you wanted. My favorite memory was when I started hanging out with the tribes of guilds and going on the ride of mischievous, yet adventurous fun.

I am now a is trying to complete school and relive a never-forgotten online fantasy
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/23s6mu0.jpg/IMG]
    ❀ Smell the sweet scent of nature
    Cambri

Lilah Dimdal is offline Pro Gamer

This website is very laggy, therefore my post has several grammatical errors- sorry.
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/23s6mu0.jpg/IMG]
    ❀ Smell the sweet scent of nature
    Cambri

Ragu is offline Pro Gamer

Happy New Years, everyone! It was great to hear from you, Monkies and Lilah. I spent New Years with family this year and drank tea, but it was still good fun and enjoyable. Recovering from a bit of a cold that is almost gone, thankfully.

Here's hoping that more former players will swing by eventually!