Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    GabbyClark1 is offline Master Gamer

Default What really happened ? Did the Memorial Caverns murals tell the true story? Did they leave something out?

Free Realms History*found in Memorial Caverns*
    In ancient times, all of the world's races lived in harmony. Their leaders formed the Gleam Council to protect and guide the races. Their intention was pure - maintaining peace throughout the realm. This period of time was known as the Age of Harmony.
    The Gleam leaders did not agree on everything, and the gap between council members grew until an opposing council was formed. This new group wanted to control everyone, inferring they were best suited to tell people how to live their lives. This was the beginning of the Gloam Council.
    The Gloam worked covertly, growing more and more powerful. They were so secretive, the Gleam Council didn't even know about them until it was too late - the Gloam built a powerful artifact that could bind all magic to them. Since all living things had some amount of magic within them, they could practically control the world. The plan worked, but for a minor flaw - not everyone succumbed to the artifact's control.
    Nearly every magical creature was affected by the Binding. Staring with cold, empty eyes, carrying on with their daily tasks, the joy in their lives was gone. A few powerful heroes of the day were able to protect themselves from the Binding, banding together in secrecy to plan the artifact's destruction.
    The heroes spread word to all races, "Flee, for the magic unleashed may have catastrophic effects!" They then approached the Gloam artifact, knowing full well it's destruction would result in their own demise. Battling through unwitted mobs and powerful wizards, the heroes combined their powers breaching the magical defenses and shattering the artifact's physical shell. This resulted in the Unbinding, which freed the people, but sent a tidal wave of magic across the lands.
    While the heroes fought, the races retreated: the elves erected the crystal barrier, the dwarves dug deep into their mountains, the humans sailed away, and the pixies went underground. As years passed, the pixies transformed the dark forlorn cave into a warm, cheery home .Everyone assumed that there was no life left above, content to stay in the caves forever. That is, until the changelings arrived.
    Pixie scouts always said the lands above were devoid of life, but the appearance of the changelings meant that life did, indeed, exist up top. As the queen, Ayani the Druidess decided she would venture forth alone and brave the world above. However, when she flitted out of the caves, she saw nothing but desolation as far as the eye could see. Gone were the flowers and the trees and everything else she rememebered as a child.
    Saddened by the barren lands, Ayani began to cry. Such was her sorrow that her tears formed lakes and rivers and where her tears touched the ground, plants began to blossom. Seeing this miracle, other pixies emerged, and coaxed life back into the land. When Ayani passed, she left behind the Heartseed. With the royal family nurturing it, the Heartseed grew into the mighty World Tree, the center of the pixie's world.

What I have found so far:

Den of secrets:
    What I think is true:
    Illusionist Liana is most likely part of the Gloam Council; she is transforming living things into shamblers to serve her. Most likely making them help with the Gloam's plan. The 'mysterious pillars' throughout the Den of Secrets, seem to absorb energy from you when you get close enough.
    Questions:
    Is Liana really an illusionist; or is this a cover of what she really is?

Vale of the ancients:
    What I think is true:
    The animals are obviously being controlled by the 'corrupted artifacts'. The myserious traveler is the 'source of the disturbance'. If the myserious traveler is the source of the disturbance, that could mean she is part of the Gloam Council, since she is creating what is controlling the animals.
    Questions:
    Could this mysterious traveler really part of the Gloam Council, or is she just another traveler being controlled by the other Gloam members?

Ever Rainbow:
    What I think is true:
    I think that the ever rainbow has some connection to where the Gloam Council hides and plans. I also think that the rainbow-glowing objects in memorial caverns are simply how the Gloam sees everything in memorial caverns. I believe that what the objects can see gets to the Gloam to where they can see everything and know what to expect.
    Questions:
    How was the Ever Rainbow even formed?

Extra info I just happened to see:
    Most definitions of gloam that I find, say "a time after sunset". Why would the Gloam Council even call themselves 'Gloam'? Was it just to be similar to the Gleam Council, or does this have further meaning?
    You often see the parts of the ruins(I think that's what they are.) in battles like that or near the 'dig sites'. Could those ruins have once been where the Gloam made there plans of ultimate control? Does those ruins have some meaning?

I think that this all falls together somehow. . .
    I assume the Gloam name does have some kind of meaing, rather than simply being similar to Gleam. I believe these ruins found in different places in Free Realms have some connection to the Gloam. I just happened to notice that in Den of Secrets, the mysterious pillars have some energy flow on them. The corrupted artifacts in Vail of the Ancients, also, have this strange energy flow. And if you notice, the ruins also have this energy flow. They are all connencted somehow; I'm sure of it.
    And as it says in one of the books in Memorial Caverns, 'The Gloam had worked in secrecy'. How did they meet? Where did they go? Well I think that they met in the ruins.
    Why are these ruins destroyed and found at different places? I am assuming that this is because when the heroes and Gloam fought, the artifact had been so powerful, that it destroyed most everything in sight. Ayani was most likely the one to return everything to normal from her sorrow, as it had mentioned in one of the books.

I will update often when I find something new.
    Last edited by GabbyClark1; 09-25-2011 at 06:59 PM.
    Spoiler: show
    Check out my poems thread. And no link o.o Find it yourself under the creative writing section o.o

sammiebird101 is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Re: What really happened ? Did the Memorial Caverns murals tell the true story? Did they leave something out?

This theory is very cool. I am thinkin' myself if it's the same thing. I'm soon gonna make a "Mysteries Thread", where i'll post mysteries in Free Realms to try to solve.
    Music, that really keeps me movin' lets get it going, alright, our smiles are showin' -The Fresh Beat Band.

Default Re: What really happened ? Did the Memorial Caverns murals tell the true story? Did they leave something out?

Quote Originally Posted by sammiebird101 View Post
    This theory is very cool. I am thinkin' myself if it's the same thing. I'm soon gonna make a "Mysteries Thread", where i'll post mysteries in Free Realms to try to solve.
    Great idea! ^_^ (Took me long to realize someone posted lol)
    Check out my poems thread. And no link o.o Find it yourself under the creative writing section o.o

Holly Pearlwing is offline Amateur Gamer

i keep looking for clues as well i infer the gloam council is back.

You never know...
    There is always a mystery.

IamPowerOfStars is offline Pro Gamer

Wow o_o that's really cool! but for some reason I think the Ever Rainbow, is part of the Gloam council because there are Ruin Pieces, that look like the magical lines on the stage. and you don't see people coming back down from the ever rainbow, unless there is a warpstone in it =p (joking) Plus there is the whole TBK thread so i'm not sure.

TASTE TEH RAINBOWWWWZ xD

Yup. This is all so interesting.

Benny Solarhammer is offline Master Gamer

Wow, quite fascinating.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain

Yes, yes it is.

*UPDATED*

theTFH1 is offline Master Gamer

Hmmm I think Gloam is the opposite of Gleam possibly meaning the same thing as Gloom? I don't know because I forgot :/
    Oh hai! I see ur readin meh signature

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast