Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    MayBaby Tumbler is offline Amateur Gamer

Icon1 Update: Greek Mythology Names.

Greek Mythology.
    Greek Names. English Translations.
    Απροδιτε - Aphrodite The Sensual Goddess Of Love, Lust, Beauty, Secduction And Pleasure. Although married to Hephaestus she had Many Lovers, Most Notably Ares. She was Depicted as a Beautiful Woman Usually accompained by her son Eros. Her Symbols include The Dove, Apple, Scallop Shell, And The Myrtle Wreath.

Απολλο - Apollo The Youthful God Of The Sun, Poetry, Prophecies, Archery, And Music.; Accosiated with Light, Truth, And The Sun. He is Artemis's Twin Brother; And Son of Zeus And Leto. He was Depicted as a Handsome, beardless, youth with Long Hair and Various Attribute's Including A Laurel Wreath, Bow and Quiver, Raven, And Lyre.

Αρεσ - Ares The Fierce God Of, Bloodlust, Violence, Manly Courage, And Civil Order. The Son Of Zeus And Hera, He Was Depicted As Either a Mature, Beared Warrior Dressed in Battle Arms, Or a Beardless youth with helm and Spear. His Attribute's Are golden Armour And A Bronze-Tipped Spear, And His Sacred Animals Are the Eagle Owl, The Valture, And the Venomous Snake.

Αρτεμισ - Artemis The Wild Goddess Of The Hunt, Wilderness, Wild Animals, Childbirth and Plague. In Later times she became associated with the moon. She is the Daughter Of Zeus And Leto, And Twin Sister of Apollo. In art She was Usually Depicted As a Young Woman Dress In A short Knee-high Chiton And Equipped With a Hunting Bow and A Quiver of Arrows. In Addition to the Bow, Her Attributes Include Hunting Spears, ANimal Pelts, Deer, And Other Wild Animals.

Ατηενα - Athena The Sophisticated Goddess of Wisdom, Warfare, Strategy, Heroic Evdeavour, Handicrafts, Arts, And Reason. The Daughter of Zeus And Metis, She Was born from Zeus's Head fully-formed and Armoured. She Was Depicted Crowned With a Crested Helm, Armed with a Sheild And Spear, And Wearing the Snake-trimmed Aegis Cloak Adorned with the head of Gorgon. Her Symbols Include The Aegis, The Owl, And The Olive Tree.

Δεμετερ - Demeter The Nature Goddess Of Ferlitily, Agriculture, Grain, And Harvest. Demeter Is a Daughter Of Kronos And Rhea, And Sister of Zeus, By WHom She Bore Persephone. She was Depicted as a Mature Woman, Often Crowned And Holding Sheafs Of Wheat And A torch. Her Symbols Are The Cornucopia (Horn of Plenty), Wheat-ears, The Winged Serpent, And The Lotus Staff.

Διονυσθσ - Dionysus The Joyful God Of Wine, Parties, Festivals, Drunkenness, And Pleasure. He Was Depicted in Art as Either An Older Beared God or A Pretty Effeminate, Long Haired Youth. His Attribute's Include The Thyrsus (A Pinecone-Tipped Staff) Drinking Cup, Grape Vine, And A Crown of Ivy. A Later Addition to the Olympians, In Some Accounts He Replaced Hestia.

Εροσ - Eros The God Of Love, Love Intercourse, Cupids, Desire, And Pleasure. Eros was the Son Of The Goddess Of Love-Aphrodite-and The God of War-Ares. He was often shown with wings and Arrows And With his mother. He had Four brothers and One Sister. He was Married To Psyche, And Had two Daughters: Hedone And Voluptas. His Symbols Were, Bow, Arrows, Candles, hearts, Cupids, Wings, And Kisses.

Ηαδεσ - Hades King Of The Underworld, The God Of Death, The Dead, And The Hidden Wealth of The Earth. His consort is Persephone And His Attribute's Are the Key of Hades, The HElm of Drakness, And The Three-Headed Dog, Cerberus. Despite being the Son Of Kronos And Rhea And The Elder Brother of Zeus, He is Only Rarly Listed amoung the Olympians.

Ηεπηαεστθσ - Hephaestus Crippled God Of Fire, MetalWorking, StoneMasonry, Sculpture, Volcanism.The Son Of Hera By Parthenogenesis, He is the Smith of the Gods And The Husband of the Adulterous Aphrodite. He was Usually depicted as a Bearded Man Holding hammer And Tongs---The Tools Of a Smith---And riding a Donkey. His Symbols are the Hammer, Tongs And Anvil.

Ηερα - Hera Queen Of Heaven, And Goddess Of Marrige, Woman, Childbirth, Heirs, Kings, And Empires. She is the Daughter of Cronus And Rhea. She was Usually Depicted as a Beautiful woman Wearing a Crown and Holding a Royal, Lotus-tipped staff. Her symbols are the diadem, Lotus-staff, Peacock, Cuckoo, And Pomegranate.

Ηερμεσ - Hermes The God Of Travel, Messengers, Trade, Thievery, Cunning Wiles, Language, Writing, Diplomancy, Athletics, And Animal Husbandry.
    He is the Messenger of the gods, A Psychopomp Who Leads the soulds of the dead into Hades' Realm, And The Son of Zeus and Maia. He was Depicted Either as a Handsome and Athletic Beardless youth, or As an Older Bearded Man. His Attribute's Include The Herald's Wand or Caduceus, Winged Sandals, And a Travler's Cap.

Ηεστια - Hestia The Goddess, Of Hearth, Home, And Cooking. She is the daughter of Rhea and Cronus and Sister of Zeus. She was Depicted as a Modestly veiled woman, Whose Symbols Are the hearth and Kettel. In some accounts she gave up her seat as one of the Twelve Olympians to tend to the sacred flame on Mount Olympus for Dionysus.

Ποσειδον - Poseidon God Of Sea's, River's, Floods, Droughts, And Earthquakes; Known as The "Earth Shaker" or "Storm Bringer" He is A son Of Kronos And Rhea And Brother to Zeus and Hades. In Classical Artwork he was depicted as a Mature, Main of Sturdy build with a Dark beard, And Holding a Trident. His attributes Are the Trident, Dolphins, And Horses.

Ζεθσ - Zeus The King Of The Gods, Mount Olympus, And The God of The Sky, Weather, Thunder, Law, Order, And Fate. He is the Youngest Son Of Kronos and Rhea, Whom he overthrew and Brother-husband to Hera. In Artwork, He was depicted as a Regal man, Mature with sturdy figure, and a dark beard. His Symbols are the Lighting bolt, Royal Sceptre, And Eagle

These are The Main God's And Goddess's Of Mount Olympus. If you Think I'm Wrong on Some of The Names Please feel Free To Correct me, Below. And What I have written down is Just a Idea of What I will be writing.
    |
    |
    |
    v
    P.s. I will be giving out Full descriptions on The First gods, Semi Gods And Spirits, Greek heros, And Monsters and Creature's. '

Hey Guys! Thanks for the comments! But, I have had alot of Homework lately, So I will try to finish the Post ASAP
    Last edited by MayBaby Tumbler; 09-05-2010 at 11:32 AM.

Rosierulez is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Greek Mythology Names.

Cool! My sister had to do Greek Mythology last year, so it's always good for me to get a head start in learning! Like my sister, I'm really interested in this stuff.

~ ​KISS KISS FALL IN LOVE ~

beautimus1 is offline Master Gamer

This is really cool! I have been planning on studying Mythology when I'm in high school.
    My first crush was in 1st grade...Dun remember who, but it was probably one of the Wiggles or something xD
    -Princess Claire, aka my crazy yet lovable sissy (:

Απροδιτε - Aphrodite The Sensual Goddess Of Love, Lust, Beauty, Secduction And Pleasure < love her

my grampa use to treach greek Mythology , also my dad is from greece
    Lana del Rey <3

Great list I have learnt greek mythology since I was a child.As for the greek names well...they are a little bit wrong...For example Απροδιτε is written Αφροδίτη in greek and Απολλο Aπόλλωνας e.t.c.
    Last edited by Molly Undermind; 08-28-2010 at 04:47 PM.

Molly, I know those were wrong, Just I couldn't find the other font type. So I will try to download it from a website.

It's okay.You don't need to apologizeI just wanted to correct you,as you said.I can also help you with all the names,If you want

Icon1 Re: Greek Mythology Names.

You can If you want, I will keep looking for the font Thanks!

Rain Wolfheart is offline Master Gamer

I love Greek Mythology too! My favorite godess is Athena. Also, Aphrodite is sometimes considered godess of the sea, since she was born from it.
    Allons-y.

I too love greek mythology. I've had to study it in my middle and high school before. It's always interested me. I like hearing about the different stories of the gods and godesses. I don't entirely believe it ( personal reasons ), but it still interests me a great deal. I have books about it and roman mythology too. Apollo was a roman god too if I'm not mistaken. I very well could be though. I have pictures from the Colosseum in Italy and other places that I've heard mentioned with mythology. Good thread!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast