Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Title: The Royal Vault: Information and Possible Reasons for Closing

thekuldude is offline Explorer

Icon1 The Royal Vault: Information and Possible Reasons for Closing

ROYAL VAULT: INFORMATION AND POSSIBLE REASONS FOR CLOSING BY FREE REALMS INSIDER MEMBERS

What is the Royal Vault?
    The Royal Vault was a place that opened sometime during the beginning of Free Realms. Players would get tickets by completing quests and minigames. When inside the Royal Vault, there would be three chests in different sizes. You could use the tickets I mentioned earlier to open them. These chests contained a range of items including clothes. The Royal Vault was closed on December 2009, and has never opened since then.

Why did the Royal Vault close?

By Me (thekuldude):
    I think that the Royal Vault closed because the tickets sort of counted as a third currency in the game, and that was too much to handle, so SOE took out the Royal Vault which most of us miss.

By ninjablade2000:
    I read that they closed it, because people were using 'tickets', what you used to get an item from the vault, as currency, and coins and SC were just forgotten about. I don't think that bringing the vault back would really be a good idea either, what about the people who payed a lot of money for their items? I'd be pretty devastated.
    By Overlord Joshua:
    Maybe they were adding stuff but then they had to much Vault stuff so they deleted it to add the new items...
    By Yoshinator:
    Ok, the MOST logical reason and was I believe said by many of the old players stating that: "The vault was were you cashed in you're tickets into the Royal Vault, the tickets however were the down fall. SOE did NOT intend on the tickets becomes a new type of Currency in Free Realms, when SOE caught on and realizing people were basically getting items for free (tickets were not buy-able but were gotten in mini games and battles) so SOE decided to close it." Now that sounds REAL selfish and after 2 YEARS of waiting we got vaultberry's. Now these? Give you SOME of the vaults from the vault BUT you don't get them in the exclusively rare colors such as light purple, dark red, dark green, frost blue, and magenta. However vault berry SEEDS MUST be purchased through Station Cash and mostly will give you CRAP items in return which disappoints many of Free Realms Players.

By Neon Mango:
    I believe that the Vault was shut down due to some sort of 'scamming/cheating'. Like the Briarwood Fort trick, where players can go throughout the game without having to battle and earn a rare coloured gear.
    I believe they shut it down instead of plainly catching the criminal in hopes that the same mistake wouldn't happen again.
    By Ragu:
    We do know why the Vault was closed. The explanation given by Free Realms Staff in-game was that the Treasure Tickets and having three currencies was "too complicated." I miss the vault, and ticket farming by Darvon's Descent. Good times...

What are the PRO's and CON's of the Vault opening back up again?
    There are a few pros and cons of the vault opening up again. First of all, if the vault opens up again, players will be happy and old players may come back to play again. On the other hand, rare vault items right now would not be rare anymore. Secondly, we would not have to pay or trade for items that can be obtained in the vault. On the other hand, we would be spending a great amount of coins to get these vault items. Last but not least, there would be less scammers in many parts of the game. On the other hand, we would still have scammers like we do right now.

What are your ideas for the Royal Vault at the moment?
    I think that the vault should open up again, but only for a limited amount of time. This would lower the cons for a little while, while keeping the pros. This idea might work best on a holiday, since there usually is a party or celebration on Free Realms during the holidays. What do you think about this idea?

THANKS FOR READING

Last edited by thekuldude; 11-12-2012 at 02:24 PM.
    Spoiler: show
    IGN: Stealth

Overlord Joshua is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: The Royal Vault: Information and Possible Reasons for Closing

Maybe they were adding stuff but then they had to much Vault stuff so they deleted it to add the new items...
    Yoshinator likes this.

No-L GamingTV~
    PM or VM me if your interested in my channel. I got 2 subs and 6 videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlord Joshua View Post
    Thank you. I have added your idea to the post.
    Yoshinator likes this.

Yoshinator is offline Master Gamer

Ok, the MOST logical reason and was I believe said by many of the old players stating that: "The vault was were you cashed in you're tickets into the Royal Vault, the tickets however were the down fall. SOE did NOT intend on the tickets becomes a new type of Currency in Free Realms, when SOE caught on and realizing people were basically getting items for free (tickets were not buy-able but were gotten in mini games and battles) so SOE decided to close it." Now that sounds REAL selfish and after 2 YEARS of waiting we got vaultberry's. Now these? Give you SOME of the vaults from the vault BUT you don't get them in the exclusively rare colors such as light purple, dark red, dark green, frost blue, and magenta. However vault berry SEEDS MUST be purchased through Station Cash and mostly will give you CRAP items in return which disappoints many of Free Realms Players.

1st Generation Free Realmer
    3rd Generation Insider

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshinator View Post
    Thank you! I believe this is one of the BEST reasons on why the vault closed, so I added it to the post, but labeled it as the most likely reason on why the vault closed.
    Yoshinator likes this.

Neon Mango is offline Master Gamer

That is a very well put together speech thekuldude!

I believe that the Vault was shut down due to some sort of 'scamming/cheating'. Like the Briarwood Fort trick, where players can go throughout the game without having to battle and earn a rare coloured gear.
    I believe they shut it down instead of plainly catching the criminal in hopes that the same mistake wouldn't happen again.

Thanks for listening. ^^
    Yoshinator likes this.

IGN: Pöoh Bear

Overlord Joshua is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by thekuldude View Post
    Thank you! I believe this is one of the BEST reasons on why the vault closed, so I added it to the post, but labeled it as the most likely reason on why the vault closed.
    Mines not up there????
    Yoshinator likes this.

No-L GamingTV~
    PM or VM me if your interested in my channel. I got 2 subs and 6 videos.

Ragu is offline Pro Gamer

We do know why the Vault was closed. The explanation given by Free Realms Staff in-game was that the Treasure Tickets and having three currencies was "too complicated." I miss the vault, and ticket farming by Darvon's Descent. Good times...
    Yoshinator likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Mango View Post
    That is a very well put together speech thekuldude!

Thanks for listening. ^^
    Thank you! I have added your theory to the post.
    Yoshinator likes this.

Nothing to see here. I just posted what I said above twice. Sorry about that.
    Last edited by thekuldude; 11-11-2012 at 12:33 AM.
    Yoshinator likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast