Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Default Pixies or fairies are changlings?

(first i think i spelled changlings wrong) KEY- P=Pixie C=changling
    If you see a C you see like pixie hair and torn of pixie wings. If you look closly at the girl kind it has parts of like fairy clothing. Also the P boy looks VERY similar to the C. i am going to take pics so get ready for an update.
    OMG OMG i'm back

Autumnpetal is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Pixies or fairies are changlings?

Interesting Debbie!

Autumnpetal
    <Insiders> guild one.

cam3r0n is offline Explorer

when i first saw a changling i thought they looked like a damaged pixie body with fairies wings
    IGN: Cameron Thunderchaser

i love the snow i've spend most of this month off school

Saraneth is offline Amateur Gamer

Very observant! Have you ever checked out the lore in the Memorial Caverns? There are books next to the murals, and if you click on the book, it tells part of a story.

Essentially, long ago there was a group of bad guys called the Gloam Council who tried to take over the world, and succeeded using a magical control artifact. The Gloam were defeated with the destruction of this artifact, unfortunately, this destruction, called the Unbinding, released massive fiery magical devastation all over the land.

The races had all been forewarned and had taken proper protective measures: the humans sailed across the sea, the elves went behind the crystal barrier in northern Snowhill, and the pixies went into deep caverns to wait the destruction out. The pixies stayed in the caverns for a long time, convinced that everything aboveground had been destroyed and was unlivable. However, a group of Changelings, who scratched out a living on the surface, found their way into the caverns and made the pixies realize that the surface could sustain life, so the pixies went up and restored life to the land.

The Changelings were pixies who for some reason weren't let into the caverns during the Cataclysm, and paid a large physical, mental, and presumably metaphysical price to survive without any obvious protection, including the loss of their wings, a distrust of other races, and their perpetual bad attitudes.

Hope that clears things up a bit!
    She gave me a puzzled frown like she thought offhand I was dead but the media's so unreliable these days.

i chose(being forced ) to take drama in skool, and we did a play called the midsummer nights dream or somtin. in one of the acts was a part where a fairy replaced a human baby with a changeling. i immediately thot of FR. when i read the definition, it said that changelings where fairy babies that could shape-shift, and where often deformed. basically a FR changeling but w/o the powers, so its possible they are fairies

Quote Originally Posted by Saraneth View Post
    Very observant! Have you ever checked out the lore in the Memorial Caverns? There are books next to the murals, and if you click on the book, it tells part of a story.

Essentially, long ago there was a group of bad guys called the Gloam Council who tried to take over the world, and succeeded using a magical control artifact. The Gloam were defeated with the destruction of this artifact, unfortunately, this destruction, called the Unbinding, released massive fiery magical devastation all over the land.

The races had all been forewarned and had taken proper protective measures: the humans sailed across the sea, the elves went behind the crystal barrier in northern Snowhill, and the pixies went into deep caverns to wait the destruction out. The pixies stayed in the caverns for a long time, convinced that everything aboveground had been destroyed and was unlivable. However, a group of Changelings, who scratched out a living on the surface, found their way into the caverns and made the pixies realize that the surface could sustain life, so the pixies went up and restored life to the land.

The Changelings were pixies who for some reason weren't let into the caverns during the Cataclysm, and paid a large physical, mental, and presumably metaphysical price to survive without any obvious protection, including the loss of their wings, a distrust of other races, and their perpetual bad attitudes.

Hope that clears things up a bit!
    the books tell a story?????!!!!! omg!
    Last edited by jesse oakenheart; 06-16-2010 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I quit...

Sarah Noblemind is offline Master Gamer

In FR changelings are pixies who didn't get to safety during the Cataclysm. In mythology, changelings are troll/fairy babies who were swapped with human babies.

Maurice Dazzleray is offline Amateur Gamer

I never knew... EWW! Well if I ever want to know what a wierd mutated version of myself looks like, i'll just look at a changeling! ehh That fact creeps me out SOOO much. The cataclysm was worse then I thought!
    This is my siggie, blank and small... [Insert rhyming words here] Errr... I don't feel like finishing it...

HannahEB998 is offline Newbie Explorer

When i first started using free realms i had no idea that it actually had a story behind it. i thought it was just for social networking. But when i got started on the story line i was very curious about the history of free realms. i did a little research and i agree that changelings are creatures that couldn't escape the unbinding. But i'm not sure that they are just fairies and pixies that were mutated. If you look close, they have a claw that looks like the claw of a cray. And they have thorns sometimes around them. I think that all the magic swirling around during the unbinding caused crays, briarwood plants, etc., some how parts of that animal were fused into a pixie. It's actually very sad that they couldn't escape and i would be very interested if anyone could tell me if they know the reason why they weren't allowed to safety in the cavern.

I ALSO BELIEVE THAT CHANGELINGS ARE NOT ALL EVIL JUST VERY DEPRESSED CREATURES.b0082"][/COLOR][/SIZE]