Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Orthuss is offline Pro Gamer

Default A New Fairy/Changeling Theory

Well, I just recently received my last 3 FR comics. And, unlike those people who just look for the code, and then throw the comic away, I actually read it. And, mind you, I was glad I did, because the first of these, comic book #10, had a deeper backstory on Merry Vale. If you're waiting on the comic yourself, and don't want the content to be spoiled, I advise you to get off this thread right now ahaha. If not, continue

Anyways, Dane and Maya find themselves in Merry Vale looking for the second stone in the Chaos Amulet. Dane, being hungry and dumb as usual, is tempted into a Mushroom Ring, while Major McFairy leads Maya elsewhere.

I'd like to pause for a moment and expand on these mushroom rings. Apparently, the mushroom rings in Merry Vale are enchanted, so if you step in them, you are immediately enchanted into dancing unless someone pulls you out. And, from the game, I'd like to add a point that all the other people are basically brainwashed by the cotton candy. I'm assuming this is how the Major keeps everyone in control. Also, maybe the Mushroom rings are also supposed to separate groups of people, so that Major McFairy can take one of them to the Den of Secrets. Hmm...

Anyhow, continuing with the story, we find Maya expressing her skepticism to the Major. After repeating the story, the Major asks Maya if he can trust her, and leads her into the Den of Secrets. There, they go to the fountain, which, in the game, is where Illusionist Lana is.

Now, let me just refer to the story as it is shown in game. The Den of Secrets is filled with a lot of fairies from an evil Illusionist cult. There are also shamblers, which are lost travelers who were caged up and transformed. The game neglected one detail that the comic includes. Well, not necessarily. The Merry Vale Show, which involves a person flying to the clouds from the Ever Rainbow is presented otherwise. In the comic, Maya, who is held by the shamblers, sees a sphere of blue-ish light come out of her chest, and shoot straight up, probably to the source of the Ever Rainbow, or the Crystals in the cave. Then, she becomes motionless. Another scene show Major McFairy in a room full of motionless people. In other words, I conclude that the Ever Rainbow and Merry Vale itself have not been living on willing sacrifices, but on unwilling souls.

Continuing the story, Dane was pulled out of a Mushroom Ring by a certain Chugawug. In fact, I believe it to be the exact same Chugawug as the one who gives several quests in the game. Apparently, he lost his sister to the Ever Rainbow. Dane and the Chugawug head to the fountain room, where Dane is seen smashing up crystals on the wall, and ghosts leaking out of the crystal. However, they are revealed to be souls, not ghosts. They all head in to the bodies of the people they belonged to, and they come back to life.

This is pretty self-explanatory, and a good ending. However, there's a twist. Yuriah, the Major's son, and the first victim of the Rainbow, comes back alive as well. I'll add here, though, that while he was in his motionless state, he looked uncannily like a Changeling. The body, the head shape, the wingless state, and everything of the sort. Which leads me to this point:

After the great cataclysm, the fairies looked like the changelings do nowadays. The comic also mentions they lived underground. A stranger, belonging to the Gloam council, came by and revealed the secret to capturing people, taking the people's souls, and using them to shape the world above. Who knows, the place above could have looked the same as Blackspore or Briarwood. In fact, if you connect Merry Vale, Blackspore, and Briarwood on the map, it forms a perfect 60-60-60 triangle. Now, he also had the power to shape the people aboveground. He gave them wings, and made them smaller. And these new fairies migrated aboveground, to the place we call Merry Vale nowadays. He used the essence taken from Yuriah's soul to give them all more soul in the form of their pixie body.

Now, there were going to be a couple of people who did not get these wings, and who continued to live underground. These developed a hatred for the fairies with wings, and abovegrounders in general, and have continued their underground living. In fact, the same could be said for Ayani and Sanctuary, that some people who were changelings turned into pixies and humans, which is why the changelings develop a hatred for them. In fact, the "severed pixie wings" found in a different thread in this forum may, in fact be, wings from fairies who were captured by changelings and gotten their wings ripped off to be like a changeling for the rest of their lives, as a grudge.

Thanks for reading Now off to redeeming my #10 comic code.

FR Names - Orth (Pixie Guy Main), Kanji Tatsumi (Human Guy Alt)
    Guess who's back? Back again?

Rain Wolfheart is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: A New Fairy/Changeling Theory

Awesome theory! Just one thing..... Isin't it Mayor McFairy? LOL!
    Allons-y.

Kelvin64 is offline Master Gamer

I love the comics better then the code. And #10 was my fave! It was so cool. (I didn't read all of that, I know what happens. And I didn't wanna bother anyway.)

Orthuss is offline Pro Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Wolfheart View Post
    Awesome theory! Just one thing..... Isin't it Mayor McFairy? LOL!
    Oops... I was somewhat tired around that time... lol.

FR Names - Orth (Pixie Guy Main), Kanji Tatsumi (Human Guy Alt)
    Guess who's back? Back again?

lauragoodheart is offline Pro Gamer

Great Theory like Rain said...

dpackard13 is offline Newbie Explorer

i'm confused

Sarah Noblemind is offline Master Gamer

I knew the ever rainbow was evil! D:<

sammiebird101 is offline Amateur Gamer

Really. how do you get the Comics? i realy want some!

skysongnoelle is offline Explorer

Wow, I never knew there were FR comics! Very interesting read, I've always been interested in the many Changeling theories, same with the the rest of FR history.
    ~ The stars are falling down on us, but they're just old light. ~
    ~ They're just old light. ~

Mindeh is offline Explorer

Preety Cool............

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast