Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Title: Has the Gloam Council Returned?

TheBananaKing is offline Master Gamer

Default Has the Gloam Council Returned?

After careful study of Merry Vale, Blackspore, Vale of the Ancients, and such, I've come up with a theory. Gloam is back.

The first link is shamblers. The entance screen for a shambler battle is (or once was) "Gloam magic has invaded the area...". This suggests gloam magic can create or transform people into shamblers. Shamblers are a great link...

The second link is Merry Vale. The shamblers are abundant in The Den of Secrets. And with their names "Captured Tourists" suggests they were captured and transformed. With the Ever Rainbow and the Nega-Fountain, the captured travelers were most likely captured through deceipt of entering the Ever Rainbow.

Why would they want to transform them into shamblers? During the Age of Harmony, the Gloam Councel seeked to control everyone and decide how people carried out upon their lives. Corruption and transfigurism seems a perfect way to control everything and everyone.

A third link is the Vale of the Ancients. The "Currupted" animals are clearly being controlled by nearby "Currupted Artifacts". During the Blinding, the Gloam Council used an ARTIFACT to control everyone (well, almost everyone, anyway)

The fourth link, some interesting "Gloam" TCG cards. The most interesting is the trick "Curruption". The flavor description includes, "...untill something gloamed onto it". This suggests corruption is directly linked to Gloam. Also, the "Gloam Agent" card bears a striking resemblance to the Mysterious Stranger in Vale of the Ancients. The same dungeon involving curruption, and ruins.

The final link is the smoking gun, the suspected original spot of the unblinding. The ruins. The mysterious ruins are abundant in both Vale of the Ancients, and Blackspore. The most abundant and suspicious place in blackspore is the Isle of Tears. It has a great arch, and many ruins, and the title suggests this is all where it went down. This also links Merry Vale, as there are the same ruins around the Ever Rainbow.

If the Gloam Council came about during the Age of Harmony, what's stopping them from coming back? Did they have something to do with the original Merry Vale explosion? I think so. Though only time shall tell...
    Tommy0327 and Jduensing like this.

RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Has the Gloam Council Returned?

Wow, that's quite the research you've gathered. I don't even know what the Gloam council is. (Don't worry about telling me.)
    Status: Quit FR since I never liked FR at all. Will probably not post anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomPlayer View Post
    Wow, that's quite the research you've gathered. I don't even know what the Gloam council is. (Don't worry about telling me.)
    The Gloam Council was the opposing council to the Gleam Council. Gleam seeked to protect everyone, while Gloam seeked to control everyone, much like a Communism.
    (I just read Animal Farm, so it's an idea fresh in my mind)

Renzo44 is offline Master Gamer

WOW um that...burned my eyes reading it lol XD
    great research on akk this
    Renzo44
    Server One
    I HAVE QUIT!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBananaKing View Post
    The Gloam Council was the opposing council to the Gleam Council. Gleam seeked to protect everyone, while Gloam seeked to control everyone, much like a Communism.
    (I just read Animal Farm, so it's an idea fresh in my mind)
    Where do you learn such history anyway? I haven't found a trace of evidence of even the research from the many quests scattered about, except the Darkthorne thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Renzo44 View Post
    WOW um that...burned my eyes reading it lol XD
    In a good or bad way? o_o?

Where do you learn such history anyway? I haven't found a trace of evidence of even the research from the many quests scattered about, except the Darkthorne thing.
    Alot of my reasearch isn't from quests, just blaitent observation.
    Last edited by TheBananaKing; 02-09-2010 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i don't know lol well that is some nice work
    well there are books in memorial caverns you can read about this stuff and he probaly just looked and figureed all this out
    Renzo44
    Server One
    I HAVE QUIT!

Alot of my reasearch isn't from quests, just blaitent observation.
    Oh, lol. Makes me wonder where you figured out the council names from just observation. >_>

The Memorial Caverns is what got me. I had no idea you were able to read in there.

The Memorial Caverns is what got me. I had no idea you were able to read in there.
    lol i figured it out when i wa in there with Aaron lol
    Renzo44
    Server One
    I HAVE QUIT!

Oh, lol. Makes me wonder where you figured out the council names from just observation. >_>

Yeah, that's where I learned history, as Renzo said. But research of current return-of-gloam is pure observation :3

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast