Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Greek Mythology Names, Gods, and Goddess

Greek Mythology.
    Greek Names. English Translations.
    Απροδιτε - Aphrodite The Sensual Goddess Of Love, Lust, Beauty, Secduction And Pleasure. Although married to Hephaestus she had Many Lovers, Most Notably Ares. She was Depicted as a Beautiful Woman Usually accompained by her son Eros. Her Symbols include The Dove, Apple, Scallop Shell, And The Myrtle Wreath.

Απολλο - Apollo The Youthful God Of The Sun, Poetry, Prophecies, Archery, And Music.; Accosiated with Light, Truth, And The Sun. He is Artemis's Twin Brother; And Son of Zeus And Leto. He was Depicted as a Handsome, beardless, youth with Long Hair and Various Attribute's Including A Laurel Wreath, Bow and Quiver, Raven, And Lyre.

Αρεσ - AresThe Fierce God Of, Bloodlust, Violence, Manly Courage, And Civil Order. The Son Of Zeus And Hera, He Was Depicted As Either a Mature, Beared Warrior Dressed in Battle Arms, Or a Beardless youth with helm and Spear. His Attribute's Are golden Armour And A Bronze-Tipped Spear, And His Sacred Animals Are the Eagle Owl, The Valture, And the Venomous Snake.

Αρτεμισ - Artemis The Wild Goddess Of The Hunt, Wilderness, Wild Animals, Childbirth and Plague. In Later times she became associated with the moon. She is the Daughter Of Zeus And Leto, And Twin Sister of Apollo. In art She was Usually Depicted As a Young womans dress In A short Knee-high Chiton And Equipped With a Hunting Bow and A Quiver of Arrows. In Addition to the Bow, Her Attributes Include Hunting Spears, ANimal Pelts, Deer, And Other Wild Animals.

Ατηενα - Athena The Sophisticated Goddess of Wisdom, Warfare, Strategy, Heroic Evdeavour, Handicrafts, Arts, And Reason. The Daughter of Zeus And Metis, She Was born from Zeus's Head fully-formed and Armoured. She Was Depicted Crowned With a Crested Helm, Armed with a Sheild And Spear, And Wearing the Snake-trimmed agenis Cloak Adorned with the head of Gorgon. Her Symbols Include The Aegis, The Owl, And The Olive Tree.

Δεμετερ - Demeter The Nature Goddess Of Ferlitily, Agriculture, Grain, And Harvest. Demeter Is a Daughter Of Kronos And Rhea, And Sister of Zeus, By WHom She Bore Persephone. She was Depicted as a Mature Woman, Often Crowned And Holding Sheafs Of Wheat And A torch. Her Symbols Are The Cornucopia (Horn of Plenty), Wheat-ears, The Winged Serpent, And The Lotus Staff.

Διονυσθσ - Dionysus The Joyful God Of Wine, Parties, Festivals, Drunkenness, And Pleasure. He Was Depicted in Art as Either An Older Beared God or A Pretty Effeminate, Long Haired Youth. His Attribute's Include The Thyrsus (A Pinecone-Tipped Staff) Drinking Cup, Grape Vine, And A Crown of Ivy. A Later Addition to the Olympians, In Some Accounts He Replaced Hestia.

Εροσ - ErosThe God Of Love, Love Intercourse, Cupids, Desire, And Pleasure. Eros was the Son Of The Goddess Of Love-Aphrodite-and The God of War-Ares. He was often shown with wings and Arrows And With his mother. He had Four brothers and One Sister. He was Married To Psyche, And Had two Daughters: Hedone And Voluptas. His Symbols Were, Bow, Arrows, Candles, hearts, Cupids, Wings, And Kisses.

Ηαδεσ - Hades King Of The Underworld, The God Of Death, The Dead, And The Hidden Wealth of The Earth. His consort is Persephone And His Attribute's Are the Key of Hades, The HElm of Drakness, And The Three-Headed Dog, Cerberus. Despite being the Son Of Kronos And Rhea And The Elder Brother of Zeus, He is Only Rarly Listed amoung the Olympians.

Ηεπηαεστθσ - Hephaestus Crippled God Of Fire, MetalWorking, StoneMasonry, Sculpture, Volcanism.The Son Of Hera By Parthenogenesis, He is the Smith of the Gods And The Husband of the Adulterous Aphrodite. He was Usually depicted as a Bearded Man Holding hammer And Tongs---The Tools Of a Smith---And riding a Donkey. His Symbols are the Hammer, Tongs, and the anvil

Ηερα - HeraQueen Of Heaven, And Goddess Of Marrige, Woman, Childbirth, Heirs, Kings, And Empires. She is the Daughter of Cronus And Rhea. She was Usually Depicted as a Beautiful woman Wearing a Crown and Holding a Royal, Lotus-tipped staff. Her symbols are the diadem, Lotus-staff, Peacock, Cuckoo, And Pomegranate.

Ηερμεσ - Hermes The God Of Travel, Messengers, Trade, Thievery, Cunning Wiles, Language, Writing, Diplomancy, Athletics, And Animal Husbandry.
    He is the Messenger of the gods, A Psychopomp Who Leads the soulds of the dead into Hades' Realm, And The Son of Zeus and Maia. He was Depicted Either as a Handsome and Athletic Beardless youth, or As an Older Bearded Man. His Attribute's Include The Herald's Wand or Caduceus, Winged Sandals, And a Travler's Cap.

Ηεστια - HestiaThe Goddess, Of Hearth, Home, And Cooking. She is the daughter of Rhea and Cronus and Sister of Zeus. She was Depicted as a Modestly veiled woman, Whose Symbols Are the hearth and Kettel. In some accounts she gave up her seat as one of the Twelve Olympians to tend to the sacred flame on Mount Olympus for Dionysus.

Ποσειδον - Poseidon God Of Sea's, River's, Floods, Droughts, And Earthquakes; Known as The "Earth Shaker" or "Storm Bringer" He is A son Of Kronos And Rhea And Brother to Zeus and Hades. In Classical Artwork he was depicted as a Mature, Main of Sturdy build with a Dark beard, And Holding a Trident. His attributes Are the Trident, Dolphins, And Horses.

Ζεθσ - ZeusThe King Of The Gods, Mount Olympus, And The God of The Sky, Weather, Thunder, Law, Order, And Fate. He is the Youngest Son Of Kronos and Rhea, Whom he overthrew and Brother-husband to Hera. In Artwork, He was depicted as a Regal man, Mature with sturdy figure, and a dark beard. His
    Symbols are the Lighting bolt, Royal Sceptre, And Eagle

I hope everyone Enjoys this Series of Greek Names!
    Last edited by Smoochie Cuddlekins; 07-03-2011 at 12:24 AM.

drummerboy is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Re: Greek Mythology Names, Gods, and Goddess

Ohhh I love Greek Mythology! I didn't know their names in Greek letters though. And you added a little more info I didn't know! Thx .
    IGN:John Moonfable
    <Mystic Mayhem>

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    Ohhh I love Greek Mythology! I didn't know their names in Greek letters though. And you added a little more info I didn't know! Thx .
    Well I love Greek Mytholgy too! Its a amazing study I learned it in 1st grade. And I hope you enjoyed the post.
    Your welcome!

kiperrr is offline Master Gamer

while i am strictly christian, i do find greek mythology interesting. i find it odd how this many people would believe this, but others may believe christianity the same way.

Kiperrrful (AKA Kiperrr, Kippy, Kipster, Kip)
    IGN: Kiperrrful Server 4

Princess Claire is offline Master Gamer

Like Kip, I'm a Christain. I don't believe in them as real, but more like a fairytale. I do love reading the stories though. I didn't know their names in Greek though. Thanks for posting!

"Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments..." -Deuteronomy 7:9

drummerboy is offline Amateur Gamer

Yea, I'm not Christian nor Greek. But I just find this Interesting to learn about
    IGN:John Moonfable
    <Mystic Mayhem>

Haley Greentree is offline Newbie Explorer

Quote Originally Posted by kiperrr View Post
    while i am strictly christian, i do find greek mythology interesting. i find it odd how this many people would believe this, but others may believe christianity the same way.
    yeah, same here. I am also christan but I still love greek mythology

Gagerz is offline Master Gamer

My dog is named Artimes, after the goddess...
    Well done on the name lettering :]

This is Gagerz' signature.
    I believe this is the point where I throw in the towel. [:

ninjablade2000 is offline Master Gamer

I love Greek Mythology, as said in my siggy. It's amazing how much I learned after reading Percy Jackson and the uncompleted Pegasus Series.
    Well done BTW
    hello

william ionsea1 is offline Pro Gamer

Cool, didnt know all that!
    William Ionsea
    Server?All! <The Legendary Gleam Council> Maxed jobs:All!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast