Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rain Wolfheart is offline Master Gamer

Icon9 Changelings: Good or Evil?

I've been curious about the origins of these inhabitants of Sacred Grove, and wrote a theory about their origins. I added some imagination for the beginning, because nowhere in the 'Realms did it explain where this world came from. So I made it up. Feel free to add your own theories and speculations. This is simply what I think:

How they came to be
    By Rain Wolfheart

At the beginning of times, there was one species in the world. They were strange creatures: they were the size of humans, with wings like pixies, they were fat like chugawugs, were striped of yellow and black like bixies, had nimble fingers like dwarves and had tiny legs like cray. They acted like animals and foraged for food. They could not speak; they grunted, yelped and growled. They were very primitive; they had no fire and lived alone. Their home was what will become the Sacred Grove. Their leader was the only one who looked different. Nobody is sure what he or she looked like. Some say it was like a cloud, with no shape. Others say it was like a changeling. Nobody is sure. But they knew that this creature could do magic. Wonderful magic. It was so powerful it could destroy anything, make anything appear, and go anywhere. The creatures looked up to it. And this leader decided all. It was what created this world. It wanted to see more life, so it took one of the creatures. It changed it's form to that of a druid. It sent it off with some of it's power to create life and plants. Then it took another and created a chugawug. It sent it off with some of it's power to create joy and love. Then it took another and created a bixie. It sent it off with some of it's power to create land and flowers. It took creatures and created animals, humans and pixies. It created dwarves and cray and elves and a world for them to live in. They dwarves soon learned to mine and settled in what would be Snowhill. The cray loved the sea and settled in what would be Seaside. The druids settled into a valley that was to be named Shrouded Glade. The chugawugs took what would be Wugachug as their home. The humans settled here and there, much to the dismay of the other creatures. The pixies decided to stay in what would be called Sanctuary where Queen Ayani was to be born. The leader was tired. It knew it was to die. It called on all the creatures, who took an oath to protect this land. He gave them leaders and speech, then lay down to die. The creatures flourished. Soon, there was the discovery of what would be Briarwood by a young human. They settled there. Then, some other creatures, who are unknown, found Blackspore. It was a beautiful paradise. It had trees full of fruits, a beautiful lake and wonderful hills full of silver. Soon, creatures were arguing about who would live here. They decided that all could come and go. The cray decided to stay there too. They were determined to lead this world, and having a home on both sides of the land would help them accomplish that. Many, many years later, the young Princess Ayani was born. Along with her, the gleam council. Anyone who has visited the memorial caverns knows their story. It is not mine to explain. But when the species retreated after the binding, some were trapped, no way to rejoining their families. Only the pixies survived, but they became ill. They lost their wings, became pale. Their hair turned dark from the choking blackness that came over them. Their eyes grew unnecessary, but somehow stayed. Maybe inside of themselves, these pixies knew they would need them again. When Ayani's tears healed the land, these pixies were angry. This had been theirs, not the pixies who had lived underground for so many years! They fought with the pixies, knowing that this would end badly for them. They were greatly outnumbered. Most lost limbs, which were replaced with carved branches. These gave them energy. They retreated to Briarwood, which had been abandoned by the humans when they sailed away. There they grew stronger. When Ayani's daughter was born, she named these creatures changelings, for they had changed so much since they were pixies. Neighbouring Shrouded Glade, the changelings learned magic from observing the druids. Then some returned to Sanctuary to battle. They are still there, fighting in the darkest corners of the Memorial Caverns. But some found peace, and the others were happy. Those who did not retreated to Briarheart Caverns. As time came and went, the world changed, but not as much. The humans came back, and so did all the others but the elves. The faeries were born, and created Merry Vale. Then, Valerian and Violet were born. You must know their story, right? Of course you do. Just speak to anyone in Sanctuary. They'll tell you. And the changelings can too, but their story will be slightly different. Let's just say they took Violet's side. But of course, you know the rest, don't you?

Thanks for reading, and please leave your thoughts!
    Allons-y.

Sarah Noblemind is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Changelings: Good or Evil?

I say they're good, just misunderstood. (also, they were pixies that didn't get to safety during the Cataclysm)

trish19 is offline Master Gamer

i think Good
    Yay!

----

I know that they were pixies, I explained it in my theory.
    But when the species retreated after the binding, some were trapped, no way to rejoining their families. Only the pixies survived, but they became ill. They lost their wings, became pale. Their hair turned dark from the choking blackness that came over them. Their eyes grew unnecessary, but somehow stayed. Maybe inside of themselves, these pixies knew they would need them again. When Ayani's tears healed the land, these pixies were angry. This had been theirs, not the pixies who had lived underground for so many years!
    Allons-y.

TheFlyingTurtle is offline Master Gamer

Whoa... Good Explanation... Im Flabbergasted.
    IGN: James Bigpeach

aparrot7 is offline Amateur Gamer

Flabbergasted?

Commander Conner
    Proud member of Imperious. Visit my Resort!

LOL Flabbegasted? -Looks it up-
    flabbergasted [ˈflæbəˌgɑːstɪd]
    adj Informal overcome with astonishment; amazed; astounded
    And thanks guys! It was kind of hard to write all the things that I made up because I didn't want it to sound to strange, or too scary, or anything.
    Allons-y.

Charlotte is offline Master Gamer

I think they are good ;P

beach_girl is offline Explorer

i think they are both good and evil. and good story btw.
    -Luna-
    Server 1
    <Insiders>

skysongnoelle is offline Explorer

They are a bit of both, and just misunderstood, because nobody's pure good, or pure evil are they?
    I'm actually facinated with the changlings history, I'd love to learn more about them.
    ~ The stars are falling down on us, but they're just old light. ~
    ~ They're just old light. ~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast