Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Title: Blackspore Swamp has an angry! =0

TheBananaKing is offline Master Gamer

Default Blackspore Swamp has an angry! =0

Long before the unblinding, Blackspore Swamp was once a beautiful rolling landscape, filled with lush forests, fertile feilds, and sparkling springs. Now Blackspore is a vast, seething swamp that seems to be sinking further and further into the mire. This swamp, if I'm correct, was the home of the gloam council, with the Isle of Tears being the home of the gloam tower. The unblinding, or cataclysm, most likely caused Blackspore to look how it looks today.

Recently, I was brought to the attention of Mucklewhump, a very informal NPC. Accoriding to him, the swamp is sometimes "angry", and it is best not to mess with Blackspore when the swamp is angry. But how could a swamp be angry? Perhaps the negative magical energy released from the unblinding was retained in the swamp, seeking vengance for the failure of the council. Is this anger contributing to the sinking of Mire's Edge? (Mire's Edge is the small settlement next to the Blackspore warpstone)

This leads my further out in Blackspore, to the Quarry. Long ago, the quarry was the site of a dwarven mining outpost. One day, they all vaished, leaving only their ghosts, to haunt the quarry. Was this catastrophie of the dwarven miners caused by the unblinding?

And this brings my to my final, and least understood point, the Ancients Wall. This is one of the things I understand least. Why was this great wall erected? Was it a failed attempt to protect the dwarven mining outpost? Was it an attempt to stop the heros who eventually caused the artifacts destruction? That I have no idea. I guess I don't know everything. O=

Thanks to ZAM for some of the background info!
    Tommy0327 likes this.

EatMonkies is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Blackspore Swamp has an angry! =0

I think this is the first time I've seen this bubble up here... this information is a year old almost :0

I always thought Ayanni's tear mojo would pick up the bad stuff and drag it down to the southern areas (namely Blackspore) and it was just collecting there...
    Last edited by EatMonkies; 03-29-2010 at 08:48 AM.

(Link to deviantArt)

じゃ~、またね。

pavana is offline Pro Gamer

Ah, but Blackspore has it's unearthly beauty. Plants found that are no where else in Free Realms. The plants provide both nector and light to attract pollinators. Butterflies that glow in the dark, again only in Blackspore. The fog / mists of Blackspore have different colors at different times and change also with the seasons.

At one point I actually feared that Blackspore swamp was loosing it's mists. The sky was becoming to bright and clear and the swamp seemed to shrink and start to dry. But it was just a short season and the misty days of gentle swamp were back.

You have to love Blackspore to be loved back by it. If you make war on the swamp or try to use it - then it hates you. Unfortunately, most who come, have come to exploit the swamp and leave. They want the silver, the animals and plants - they want to pilfer Blackspore of it's treasures and leave forever.

Blackspore can protect itself though. The best miners in Blackspore have decided to stay - they love it and don't wish to simply leave with what they can take.

Some say those who love the swamp and Blackspore are mad. Well perhaps it is a different type of sanity - one that listens to soft breezes and gentle voices thru the mists. A type of sanity that enjoys the sound of toads and frogs, the view of glowing butterflies and flowers, of logs that are not logs but the elusive creatures of the swamp.

Actually, Blackspore is my favorite of all the Free Realms. But then I love mysteries.
    Last edited by pavana; 03-29-2010 at 10:13 AM. Reason: forgot something
    Tommy0327 likes this.
    When you share joy you double it.
    When you share sorrow you cut it in half.

Jaime Rider is offline Master Gamer

Nice story you guys!

Ella Sparkleflower is offline Master Gamer

Wow pavana! that post was so...touching and beautiful. Next time i log into FR i'm gonna go to BlackSpore.

SEID IHR DAS ESSEN? NIEN, WIR SIND DIE JÄGER

TheBananaKing is offline Master Gamer

Hmm, that would explain alot, pavana. Considering most settlers in Mire's Edge are there for profit and nothing else, that could be why the settlement is sinking. Also, if I recall correctly, the material that the dwarves mined for before the great cataclysm were really energy crystals. Might this remaining energy be contributing to the rising of the water? Just one of the energy crystals had a nasty effect on Lukov, I can only imagine the effects of a whole bunch in the water.

What I still don't understand is the Ancient's Wall. There isn't a single thing in FR history that seems to mention it....
    Last edited by TheBananaKing; 03-29-2010 at 01:17 PM.
    Tommy0327 likes this.

Trademarked is offline Master Gamer

I never thought of it this way.
    Jordan Trademarked
    <Insiders>
    The Official Canadian Insider.

RedCardinal14 is offline Master Gamer

Nice story:]

signature made by ninjablade2000.

Palmer Shocksaber is offline Amateur Gamer

nice story cool
    Palmer Shocksaber
    Owner Of <Lumina>
    Server 1

AaronEsko is offline Master Gamer

TBK- You bring up a very good point there. In every part of Free Realms lore, there is not ONE reference to the wall. What is this supposed to make us believe? Was the wall just built to show how old Blackspore was (e.g. Great Wall of China sort of, but for Free Realms ), or was it something like the Berlin Wall, separating the lands?

Idk.
    Tommy0327 likes this.
    Aaron Esko <Insiders>

(^^Marley! But don't forget Bubba, Buddy, Duke, Jasper, and my other 47 pets!)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast