Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Drakaden is offline Explorer

Default Thunder Falls Crash for Money quest

Hey there, i am stuck on this quest on derby, it demand the player to knock down 12 cars under 4 minutes and the most i can ever get when i am real lucky is 9, i have checked the high scores for it and the scores only goes down up to 149, ranks in mini games usualy goes down as far as 500, so is the quest too hard for the majority?

If there is a cheap way to knock them down easily i'd like to know it, because the computer isn't giving a fair play either, predicting all your moves and stealing all your kills and causing 10 times more damage than you.

ArielleMoonshadow is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Thunder Falls Crash for Money quest

I know this is a very difficult one. My tip is to try getting a better kart or better parts. Also, try looking for places where the opponent cars get stuck most of the time. Usually, these are in tunnel-like areas or the walls. Also, if you see an opponent going straight at you, time your jump so that you can land on the opponent for top damage.

The demo derby minigame is a bit frustrating at times. There are the occasional uneven damage hits (as in your hits usually do nothing and the opponents do more damage) and the fact that opponent cars usually get up faster when their kart is flipped. So, wins are a bit dependent on LUCK.

So just keep on trying. Never give up too soon. If you're a bit too frustrated at losing to much, stop playing demo derby for sometime and then go back to it like around the next day. Usually, your frustration gets in the way of your performance, If you play it when you're calmed down, you perform better.

I hope these tips help.
    Last edited by ArielleMoonshadow; 01-26-2010 at 06:59 AM.
    Arielle Moonshadow
    Proud Member of the <Insiders> since January 4, 2010
    Not interested in trading anymore. Everything's so expensive...

My kart is as upgraded as it can be without paying for precious SC cash, the jumping is fairly inaccurate and often doesn't do the wanted result (Either you literally jump over them, or you do a jump collision but it does them nothing and you end up being sent rolling over on your top), i am lvl 20 at it, it's just this specific quest i can't seem to get past.

I know how hard it is to beat Demo Derby quests. It took me many months to beat the whole questline.

I remembered what happened when I did it. I was on a Ultimate KO spree (you're lucky if you happen to see an Ultimate power-up) and I accumulated loads of KOs. At the end, it said I didn't make it even if I did. I sent in a ticket and Referee Tumbleweed advanced me through the quest, That was the 3rd and last time I had to request a Demo Derby-related support ticket. Usually, bugs are the reason why you can't seem to beat quests.
    Arielle Moonshadow

I wish the quest would be made slightly easier for the community, they lower the difficulty of combats which nobody really complained about, but they keep derby as difficult as it can be, not to mention the odd collision behaviors such as the computer 1 hit KOing you if they flip back on you if you keep them from flipping back on, and other kind of behaviors fairly hard to explain in words that shouldn't happen, some damage behaviors seems inverted or ineffective, such as using boost for extra damage, i seem to do more damage if i do a slow move than if i actually give a big go at them.

First of all, everyone complained about the new combat system. It's not as fun as before.
    As of now, the staff are really trying hard to fix the whole problem. From time to time, they reduce the difficulty of the demo derby game. It's just very rare when they reduce the difficulty of quests.
    And besides, that quest is almost near the end of the whole questline. They expect it to be hard. I think after that quest, there are like around 5 of them left. Luckily, some of them are easier.
    Arielle Moonshadow

Yea that is what i meant, the old combat system was fine, everyone complain a bit about the new one, it's oversimplified.

I will have to keep trying that bloody quest, but i swear it's the most difficult job after card duelist (Those NPCs are having some helluva powerful decks)

Cardie was quite easy for me. It's one of my favorite jobs! Hopefully, you can make a decent deck from cards you can spin from the wheel.

and Good luck on beating the quest. I hope you can manage to beat the whole series. It's one difficult ride!
    Arielle Moonshadow

That it is, 12 knock down is a pain to achieve...

RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

Ah, this dreaded quest... I haven't completed it myself, either. An important tip, though, is to laugh more than grunt at things. It will lighten your mood, which seems to greatly improve your performance.
    The damaging system truly is unbalanced, isn't it? Yes, only 150 players in all of Free Realms have even gotten that far. Perhaps more, but it's a close estimation. I tend to try to jump slowly when aiming so as to get a better aim at the target. It hardly works... Sometimes, I try the craziest ideas to try to win and see if it works out, like just running up the incline to try to fall straight onto an opponent, or staying in one spot and jumping constantly.
    Overall, the game is based almost solely on luck. Try, try, try, try, try, try again and you will eventually get it.
    Status: Quit FR since I never liked FR at all. Will probably not post anymore.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast