Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Title: More levels

Nate is offline Master Gamer

Icon11 More levels

I think we should have more levels. Like you know what I mean 1-20? We finish one job in about three days! Why not have 100 levels per job? So we have to work on one job for like a month or so! Why not have more abilities as we gain to like 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 , 60 , 70, 80, 90, and 99. So we have alot of abilities. Why not have rides to go with the levels?! We can horses to motorcycles! We should be able to...you know make our motorcycles look cooler with a paint job or upgrades! When we get the new level (look at sentence 6 for the levels) we should be able to immediately be able to do the ability get the level ride! So if you have any thoughts please reply

Aleya is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Re: More levels

Im sure they are going to increase the level cap one day, but they have other things they want to up in first, like a new job, item dyes, and a new land. Most people who play FR aren't maxed so that is why it is not their top priority. But who knows, they could sneak a level bump up in the next big update, but I wouldn't bet on a level increase any time soon.

RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

Many do not see the benefits to some in a low level cap. High level caps result in more work needed, which would indeed increase a player's likelihood to stay with the game longer, but would also decrease that likelihood in players that need a sense of accomplishment on a regular basis or can't invest that much time into the game. Like you said, three days can get a Level 20 for the more active players, and that results in players feeling like they've accomplished something, feeling like they're better at the game than they thought or better than others. When a game has higher level caps, players look up to the higher levels (or shun them) rather than try to become one of them. Why? Because it's a more difficult journey, and not as many players are willing to take that journey.
    Status: Quit FR since I never liked FR at all. Will probably not post anymore.

Julie Jewelrock1 is offline Amateur Gamer

i go with RP

Thanks to RedCardinal14 for siggy ^_^

Orthuss is offline Pro Gamer

Yeah, RP is kinda right.
    Still, maybe they *could* just increase the cap about, I don't know, 5 levels per update? Like a slower pace.

FR Names - Orth (Pixie Guy Main), Kanji Tatsumi (Human Guy Alt)
    Guess who's back? Back again?

Nate is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by RandomPlayer View Post
    Many do not see the benefits to some in a low level cap. High level caps result in more work needed, which would indeed increase a player's likelihood to stay with the game longer, but would also decrease that likelihood in players that need a sense of accomplishment on a regular basis or can't invest that much time into the game. Like you said, three days can get a Level 20 for the more active players, and that results in players feeling like they've accomplished something, feeling like they're better at the game than they thought or better than others. When a game has higher level caps, players look up to the higher levels (or shun them) rather than try to become one of them. Why? Because it's a more difficult journey, and not as many players are willing to take that journey.
    Your probally right but still come on! Most people want to be like the highest levels in the whole game!

Shadowhaven is offline Master Gamer

In a news article SOE was talking about adding a "Prestige" level or status that is basically something (im not sure what) that happens after you have reached the level cap, maybe like an extension to the levels or something. though im not even sure when or if this will be added.

Hm, that sounds like an interesting concept, SH. For example, once you reach the Level 20 cap in a job, you become a "Prestige" >Insert Job Here<, allowing you to continue leveling up in that job, but restarting at Level 1 since the job has changed. This would technically keep the level cap, but give the maxed players something more to do. With the lack of information on that, I only speculate.

EatMonkies is offline Master Gamer

There intentions on Prestige is for a whole new job to unlock, not to be reset.
    ~ http://www.freerealmsinsider.com/con...will-be-opened
    an example being: Finish both racers to 20 = Mechanic

Nonetheless, why more levels? That just means more useless grinding in a dungeon for the extra stars to get to that new level because SOE decided to be a little lazy. Nobody likes a grind-fest (Well, a majority of people don't). And I rather see more quests be implemented to continue a storyline to the jobs as we venture out into the other lands of Free Realms, and have some actual conflict occur.

(Link to deviantArt)

じゃ~、またね。

Quote Originally Posted by EatMonkies View Post
    There intentions on Prestige is for a whole new job to unlock, not to be reset.
    ~ http://www.freerealmsinsider.com/con...will-be-opened
    an example being: Finish both racers to 20 = Mechanic
    Ah, that information slipped my mind, being that it was half a year ago. Like I said, I was simply speculating.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast