Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jerkic is offline Explorer

Default Free Realms combat

Hello!

We all know ( at least the old players of FR), that comat used to be better than now.

Some of the changes to combat are great. The new animations and effects are amazing. The creature generators add a new dynamic to the minigames that are creative and challenging. Adding more enemies was simple and effective. However, nearly all strategical and tactical challenges were removed. Energy was reduced to a small amount so that skills would be metered by time instead of how well one managed their energy use. Health and number of Knockouts were increased by so much, that you cant realy fail anymore. The amount of coin awarded has been reduced greatly. The number of skills available while in the minigame are few, and this take the thinking out of the whole endeavor. All you really have to do is gather enemies, move forward, hit 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1, move forward, hit 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1, repeat until you have killed the boss.
    Then, sometimes you get the chanse to use a super, mega, awsome skill that destroys everything in your path (exept the boos, but they are not as hard to beat as hey used to be).So 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-2-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-2.... is all you have to remember to own the new combat. I

I ask you to post here what you think of new combat and what do you think of old,
    Here is the link to old combat incase you weren`t there when it eas still in the game:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9VcmzJoSCU&feature=related[/ame]
    Spoiler: show
    Alexander1 Loudcoast

Rlenexoxo is offline Explorer

Default Re: Free Realms combat

I miss the old combat but like you said, some things are great!

Andrewgray56 is offline Amateur Gamer

yea i miss the old combat system i like the fact that the new one is faster but i wish they would still lets us use a majority of attacks and i wish that enemies still had random drops
    Legend Destroyer
    <The Flying Dragon Clan>
    Server 1

Yeah, they could make it like an arcade game maybe, to use Y, X, C key for basic atacks and then conbine them in the right sequence, to perform stronger combo attacks, or just make it like it used to be with few changes (like the animations from new combat, exept for the warrior`s quake, that used to look much better in the old combat)
    Alexander1 Loudcoast

O_O that would be epic!
    Legend Destroyer
    <The Flying Dragon Clan>
    Server 1

Rlenexoxo is offline Explorer

I also hate the way the combat jobs walk.....

Torak Lin is offline Pro Gamer

Free Realms isn't an arcade game and I don't like arcade-style combat either. Something similar to the old combat system will be good.
    Torak Lin ö(◕.◕)ö

Perhaps we could start a petition, and change it, but i doubt thhat we would realy succed. Many players left the game, so servers anre not as full as they used to be
    Alexander1 Loudcoast

lol i just want the old combat system back (also hoping itll be a little faster than it used to be)
    Legend Destroyer
    <The Flying Dragon Clan>
    Server 1

Quote Originally Posted by Rlenexoxo View Post
    I also hate the way the combat jobs walk.....
    Yeah its anoying on some jobs (brawler looks like he had to much alcohol, lol), but i think that some runing and jumping animations are cool.
    Alexander1 Loudcoast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast