Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

gillego is offline Amateur Gamer

Icon4 New House- The City Of Ember

Many of you probably have no idea what the City Of Ember is. It comes from a book by Jeanne DuPrau. It was a city built underground to protect the human race from dying out, after most of the humans on Earth were killed by war with foreign nations. Built by the legendary Builders, the city was built to last 200 years, because that is when they thought the Earth would reform itself. The Builders placed instructions called "The Instructions to Egress" (egress means way out) in a time locked box and gave it to the first official mayor of Ember. It was passed down from mayor to mayor until the seventh mayor, a stubborn mayor, overcome a life threatening desease and thought that the time-locked box might have a medicine that could cure him inside. He tried to get the box open but he could not. He died trying to get the box open and the box got thrown into a closet in the future home of Lina, a citizen of Ember, who knew nothing about the world above her, nevertheless did not even know it was real. A boy named Doon wanted to fix the generator, which gave the city electricity, because it was losing its power to run the city, which make it more bad for the people of Embe, who face the scary Blackouts almost everyday. Doon and Lina become friends and find the mysterious note in the closet, only to lose it to Lina's baby sister Poppy, who chews it up. Now they not only have to find the way out, but they have to unscramble the words and letters that were chewed up by Poppy. But that is just the first part, and I did not tell you about Assignment Day, which starts this astonishing and amazing story which leaves you waiting for the next book. Read it, and then you will understand why I might build the City Of Ember on Free Realms. I suggest reading the next three books too. The third tells a story about a girl that came before Lina and Doon, a prequel of the first and second books. Now I ask you to vote whether or not I should build this city, and if I get more votes yes, I might build it. You may vote now.

<Insiders>
    Bye FreeRealms!
    “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.”

GriffinSilentgulf is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: New House- The City Of Ember

I read the entire series, but I think it would be too big to fit every building featured in the books on one lot.

No, I am building the city underground from the first book. I am not building anything else, and before I build I need some money and I am taking donations.

<Insiders>
    Bye FreeRealms!

Wow that book was kind of freaky xD

AmazinKat is offline Master Gamer

I think that book sounds interesting! What's the name?
    I think it would be something wonderful to build even though I have no clue what it is...but if you do end up building it I would like to see it
    Thanks Jaiyden & Lindei for avvie & siggie.

Gagerz is offline Master Gamer

Sounds cool! I think you shouldbuild it. Good luck.[!]

This is Gagerz' signature.
    I believe this is the point where I throw in the towel. [:

The first book is called The City of Ember. I thought it was very good and the series is now my favorite book series. I will probably start building soon.

<Insiders>
    Bye FreeRealms!