Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Title: March for Coins!

Egg Zachly is offline Banned

Default Re: March for Coins!

What bewilders me the most is that the stated goal was to create "balance" in the game's economy and yet with logic that I have already presented, the only possible outcome from this event is more unbalance in the economy which defeats the very premise that the update was created for. Now considering this, what is the rational argument offered to have implemented this update in the first place? Fundamentally at its very core it was set up to fail. So why did they do this? This is after a long history of bad updates in recent history mind you, so am I to assume that the SOE staff is just incompetent at perceiving the ramifications of their actions? Or is there some kind of ulterior agenda here? One theory suggests that they reduced the value of rewards as a means to try to encourage players to buy the coin packs from the SC market place since normal money making methods would become entirely obsolete. Is this really just another ploy to try to manipulate players into buying more SC? I cant say for sure but the one thing that I am positive about is that the stated reason of "balance" has to be intentional propaganda as it defeats the very concept that it stands for.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalesana View Post
    I posted my rant on my alt account because my main one was glitching, so I don't know if the post will stay up or not. I offered advice, so I don't think they'll take it down. Just in case, I'll save it here:

Spoiler: show
    I feel as though the reason the economy is as bad as it is now is because there was an exploit in member packs a while ago that people would use to cheat an insane amount of money into the game. We used to get around 10k in member packs per character on our accounts. People would make a character, trade 10k to another character, delete the member character, and start over again. People were able to earn 100k+ easily in less than an hour doing this. The reason why I'm explaining this is because the money from most of those cheaters is still in the game whether it is still in the ownership of the cheaters or was traded to other people for items.

For this to really work, I feel as though they would somehow have to get large amounts of coins away from those who already have them. This may now be near impossible because of how drastic this change was unless they take all the coins we already earned away from us for something of a "fresh start" (which would be extremely unfair). I know I personally have over half a million and I'm going to be hanging onto it for dear life while all of this goes down. I'll admit that I don't plan on spending a coin from this point on.

I had actually just gotten a friend of mine to try out the game, but she's now discouraged from playing because of how hard it is to earn coins now. I understand why the producers feel the need to "fix" the economy, but I feel as though this wasn't the way to go about it. There was already a large gap between the rich and the poor in this game, and this definitely doesn't help.

Two things that I believe need attention that may have already been brought up is the Millionaire achievement and the 20k coin option along with the other currency in SC. Millionaire is now virtually impossible to earn and for completionists like me, it isn't very nice to have that uncompleted achievement staring me in the face. However, please do not take it out. You could always adjust the achievement description to something along the lines of "Having this much money must make you feel like a millionaire!" So it isn't unfair to those who worked really hard to earn the title, I think the amount of coins needed to earn that achievement should be adjusted along with the economy.

As far as the 20k option in sc goes, if you really want to fix the economy then that option should at the very least be adjusted.

I felt for the longest time that they should actually increase the amount of coins that you could earn per mini game. Farming was a good start by earning 8k per spin, but the other mini games and quests were unbalanced by maybe earning 30 coins per go.

Long story short, I feel like adjusting prices to inflation by increasing the amount of coins earned per minigame/quest would be much more beneficial than this solution. That way, people who play mini games in order to earn money would be able to catch up to the cheaters who still have insane amounts of money in the game and the economy may eventually balance.
    Immediately after this post they said that the goal is to eventually eliminate coins from the game entirely. So this is just going to be a P2P game with similar marketing as games like IMVU and second life. I am saying it now. This game is doomed. I don't expect FR to exist in a year.
    bunny girl likes this.

Zalesana is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Zachly View Post
    Immediately after this post they said that the goal is to eventually eliminate coins from the game entirely. So this is just going to be a P2P game with similar marketing as games like IMVU and second life. I am saying it now. This game is doomed. I don't expect FR to exist in a year.
    Waitwaitwait.. So... SC for everything...?

Edit: That wasn't a worker, it was probably just an assumption.

Edit #2: Read it again and they just meant all the cheated coin.
    Last edited by Zalesana; 01-15-2014 at 12:47 AM.

I just reread that post and I still do not get the impression of meaning just "cheated coins." Though its kind of difficult to understand what this person is saying, they are either very young or English isn't their first language.

Zalesana is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Zachly View Post
    I just reread that post and I still do not get the impression of meaning just "cheated coins." Though its kind of difficult to understand what this person is saying, they are either very young or English isn't their first language.
    I think it's supposed to be assumed that they're talking about the "cheated coins" when they say that coins will eventually be taken out of the game because they were replying to my post, but I'm not sure.

About attending this event: I just realized St. Patrick's day is in March. I'm going to ride out this bad economy move for as long as I can, but I'm honestly not sure if I'll still be playing by March.

I could go on a rant about why I'm no longer interested in the game, but I don't see the need to. I could also just be maybe a bit overly disappointed right now about the lack of content in "hero realms" and this whole bad economy situation all in one day. I also kind of wish Shock would have replied at least a little to my post on the FROF and given some kind of feedback instead of ignoring it and posting something unrelated about farming. So I guess I'm just overall having negative feelings about Free Realms.

My drawing shop and my guild are the only things really keeping me tied to the game at this point, and my guild is becoming pretty inactive and now my drawing shop is having issues with the coin slash..... I have no idea what to charge anymore and I want to be fair..
    Last edited by Zalesana; 01-15-2014 at 03:03 AM.
    Egg Zachly likes this.

Endermanspain is offline Amateur Gamer

Then we're doing this on Valentine's Day.

I am gone.

Endermanspain is offline Amateur Gamer

BTW, wear ONLY newb clothes to the event.

I am gone.

Lollipop is offline Master Gamer

Gosh, I swear, FR is stupid...
    Do they not realize that doing stuff like this that infuriates the players to this extent will lead them to stop playing? Players leave=Less Money=No FR It's not hard.
    And the fact that they are willing to ban people for life because of their opinions is simply ridiculous. I want to rant to them, but honestly, I'm scared I'll get banned. If it wasn't for the fact that I still like this game because of the friends I have on it, I wouldn't care, but...
    I agree, I think FR will die out if they don't fix this mess and make better decisions. That will unfortunately probably only happen when pigs sprout wings and fly. If they want to have a successful game, they should ask the players what they want and hear what they have to say instead of doing random spontaneous blunders like this. After all, aren't the players the most important part? Without them, there is no game. Sadly, they don't seem to see the truth glaring at them in the face. Maybe they will have to learn the hard way.
    Anyway, I'll try to join this event if possible, but I think FR has finally decided to rule our online lives. Or so they think.
    bunny girl likes this.

"There's some good in this world... and it's worth fighting for." -Samwise Gamgee

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12