Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Title: March for Coins!

Endermanspain is offline Amateur Gamer

Default March for Coins!

Valentine's Day 6:00 PM. EST. Highroad Junction Warpstone to Snowhill Warpstone. Because, I simply fail to understand what is so funny about cutting of our circulation to coins and then giving us only pants and a shirt for coins. Just because of overcirculation. Gleam and Gloam and all this just means more money for SOE. I may quit after the march. Also, taking away jobs that are very enjoyable to non-members from non-members is horrid. So when you see us walking, SOE know that Abacus Coinmiser made YOU miserable.
    Last edited by Endermanspain; 01-15-2014 at 05:20 PM.
    bunny girl and Egg Zachly like this.

I am gone.

Egg Zachly is offline Banned

Default Re: March for Coins!

I have openly admitted that if they do not change the system back and undo the changes made today by the end of this month that I am going to permanently quit as well so I am right there with you brother.
    bunny girl likes this.

I am honestly tired of trying to tell them how to improve their game just for them to extend their middle finger to me... I am doing them a god dang courtesy, the least they can do is say thanks. I have spent so much time on their forums writing out lengthy suggestion threads on how to improve content and attract new players to the game but when I give them some constructive criticism for the times when they do something wrong they flat out censor me and ban me so that they only have positive feedback on their forums. This is the biggest slap in the face I have ever seen from a developer and I am disgusted beyond words.

Zalesana is offline Master Gamer

About jobs being taken away: the only reason why the jobs were taken away from non members is because they were only given to non members because of glitches in the snowdays quest. They never really had the jobs to begin with.

Other than that, I agree. The only reasons I really played anymore was to complete all the achievements I had left but now the Millionaire achievement is virtually impossible to complete. I also kept playing because I ran a drawing shop, but I may have to shut that down because I would have to drastically decrease my prices to make it fair to the people who aren't already rich.

I'll see if I can make it.
    Last edited by Zalesana; 01-14-2014 at 10:56 PM.
    Egg Zachly likes this.

ashfr is offline Master Gamer

Just like the pet trainer achievement, it was a legitimate achievement, but I think they should remove it now. On the other hand though, you can do croaking vale, you can still get coins rewards from defeating the archers and smugglers, there's no wheel but it's the easiest way. Although I guess that's not saying much.

Those coin rewards have been limited to 1 coin each, 2 coins during power hour at least so I have been told. There are now no ways of generating any real source of revenue anymore. Hence the game is now broken.
    Zalesana likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Zachly View Post
    Those coin rewards have been limited to 1 coin each, 2 coins during power hour at least so I have been told. There are now no ways of generating any real source of revenue anymore. Hence the game is now broken.
    Just posted a huge rant on the official forums about it. Hopefully they listen to reason and reconsider this mistake.
    Egg Zachly likes this.

They permanently banned me when I did the same thing so don't expect much feedback. And this time I can honestly say that I did not insult anyone or break any rules which I have done in the past. My justification for such actions was because others were insulting me as well so I was merely defending myself but not like SOE cares with their double standards anyway. They only punish the anti-SOE posters. I did have a debate and I was very respectful, there was no reason to ban me at all. I should also mention that I literally humiliated the opposition by crushing their arguments and exposing them for the hypocrites that they are. Not 1 single valid argument was made in favor of the update. (Except 1 sort of valid argument of reducing prices of housing items which could have be done without effecting the entire economy as I have said in another thread.)

I posted my rant on my alt account because my main one was glitching, so I don't know if the post will stay up or not. I offered advice, so I don't think they'll take it down. Just in case, I'll save it here:

Spoiler: show
    I feel as though the reason the economy is as bad as it is now is because there was an exploit in member packs a while ago that people would use to cheat an insane amount of money into the game. We used to get around 10k in member packs per character on our accounts. People would make a character, trade 10k to another character, delete the member character, and start over again. People were able to earn 100k+ easily in less than an hour doing this. The reason why I'm explaining this is because the money from most of those cheaters is still in the game whether it is still in the ownership of the cheaters or was traded to other people for items.

For this to really work, I feel as though they would somehow have to get large amounts of coins away from those who already have them. This may now be near impossible because of how drastic this change was unless they take all the coins we already earned away from us for something of a "fresh start" (which would be extremely unfair). I know I personally have over half a million and I'm going to be hanging onto it for dear life while all of this goes down. I'll admit that I don't plan on spending a coin from this point on.

I had actually just gotten a friend of mine to try out the game, but she's now discouraged from playing because of how hard it is to earn coins now. I understand why the producers feel the need to "fix" the economy, but I feel as though this wasn't the way to go about it. There was already a large gap between the rich and the poor in this game, and this definitely doesn't help.

Two things that I believe need attention that may have already been brought up is the Millionaire achievement and the 20k coin option along with the other currency in SC. Millionaire is now virtually impossible to earn and for completionists like me, it isn't very nice to have that uncompleted achievement staring me in the face. However, please do not take it out. You could always adjust the achievement description to something along the lines of "Having this much money must make you feel like a millionaire!" So it isn't unfair to those who worked really hard to earn the title, I think the amount of coins needed to earn that achievement should be adjusted along with the economy.

As far as the 20k option in sc goes, if you really want to fix the economy then that option should at the very least be adjusted.

I felt for the longest time that they should actually increase the amount of coins that you could earn per mini game. Farming was a good start by earning 8k per spin, but the other mini games and quests were unbalanced by maybe earning 30 coins per go.

Long story short, I feel like adjusting prices to inflation by increasing the amount of coins earned per minigame/quest would be much more beneficial than this solution. That way, people who play mini games in order to earn money would be able to catch up to the cheaters who still have insane amounts of money in the game and the economy may eventually balance.
    Egg Zachly likes this.

They said that the achievements would be modified later but that is really just a side issue and I definitely agree that increasing the money would work better then decreasing it. One the of the arguments I have seen made against the revenue generated from farming is the ridiculous amount of time it takes to complete a high tier farming recipe vs the rewards from completing it. It can take 50+ hours to complete 100 beret spins only yielding about 500k coins at base (multiplied by power hour and coin booster scrolls when applied.) In the same amount of time you could do croaking vale runs 1 hour per day during power hour and make at least 2m in the same amount of time invested. Therefor time invested/profit, farming is actually technically not worth it and would need an increase for it to be equal to that of croaking vale. By reducing the amount of coins earned, now in that same 50+ hour time span you will only make like 50k vs the 500k you would have made before. Now I feel as if my time invested is completely worthless.
    Zalesana likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast