Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Sagwah is offline Explorer

Default Revisiting Free Realms

So I figured I may as well post up here, because I recall this board was a wonderful resource when I first started playing. I took a two year break from Free Realms because I took a job in an area where there was no internet access. I got back and found that almost EVERYTHING I knew had changed. Also found that my old gear is suddenly very sought after for some reason.

This new incarnation will take some getting used to. I suppose the pet shampoo that made bees swarm around your pet is gone now? Shame, I loved that one.

Are collection bits still tradeable?

If you spot GypsyRose or Rufio running around and I don't answer you, its probably because I'm still re-learning all the interface.

So yeah, guess that's it. Hi again to this community.
    Rufio - Generally Around, looking lost.
    GypsyRose SpiderSquisher - Found where-ever there are spiders to squish!
    Avatar (c) Glorfindel and Diction (www.lupineden.com)

frogguy213 is offline Pro Gamer

Default Re: Revisiting Free Realms

I would suggest holding on to your old school, as generally you can get AT LEAST 15 dollars worth of codes for them.

Shrek so Drek "Ogres are like Onions" #Shreklife

frogguy213 is offline Pro Gamer

Per piece.

Shrek so Drek "Ogres are like Onions" #Shreklife

Kelvin64 is offline Master Gamer

Leave. Now.

...Okay, you can stay, but you're playing a completely different game now. You can sell your old gear for millions of coins or SC codes to people you trust, or keep it for the sake that it's not obtainable in game anymore, the sole reason it's sought after.

I'm from your era, which ended back in December 2009. I wish they'd chosen a different path from there.

Have fun playing your new game.

lev42 is offline Amateur Gamer

I'm tempted to say 'GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN' all dramatically. But you always can. FreeRealms is a whole lot different. More specifically, Soe is. The people changed, everything. You'll see.

It sounds like we're exaggerating and putting a huge damper on it, maybe we are a little. But it is true.
    Last edited by lev42; 04-29-2012 at 09:36 AM.
    Thanks to the people who made my 4 years on Free Realms special. Hope yall are doin good. See yall down the road.

Sagwah is offline Explorer

The more I see, the more I agree. I do know about the changing face of SOE, having friends in the game industry. All the big companies are changing, really. I think I'm going to be content with new freerealms, since I was mostly a solo gamer. I'd run dungeons at night to kill time at 3AM, because there's just not that much else to do and FR was pretty casual. Still is, which is what I liked.

I wish it had all the emotes EverQuest has, like being able to flag yourself AFK. That would help.
    Rufio - Generally Around, looking lost.
    GypsyRose SpiderSquisher - Found where-ever there are spiders to squish!
    Avatar (c) Glorfindel and Diction (www.lupineden.com)