Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Ashley Preciousfable is offline Master Gamer

Default GUIDE: FreeRealms Etiquette

Etiquette guide:

MMORPGS (massively multiplayer online role playing games) have grown in popularity within the last couple of years. Part of the fun of these games are the interaction you get playing with all kinds of people around the world! Etiquette & Expectations in these situations has slowly developed. The following is just a few Do's and Dont's of MMOs.

"Newbies" (New players):

New to the world of MMOs?
    Here are some tips to make your stay most enjoyable!

*Do ask for help. - Many players around the world will be more then happy to help.
    But ask in the right way & do not bother someone who does not appear to be there.
    If someone says no, don't pout. They are probably busy with something or AFK.

Right way - "Hi, I'm stuck on ____ quest. Can I get some help?"

Wrong way - "OMG I'm sooo stuck please please please help!!!"

You can always come on freerealmsinsider and ask for help!

*Don't beg for items - Just like in other games, asking other people for items and money they have earned is not a good way to make friends. Its alright to ask for help, but they earned this items. Be respectful and try to earn some for yourself too.
    *Ask before sending! - When you are looking to form a group, it would be wise to ask before sending an invite. A simple statement of "Are you doing the quest ____ - want to group up?" could go a long way. Who knows? That may be your next FR friend!

*Do you know your role in the group?
    - In many group settings you will find a various amount of roles. Someone may run in to get the creature's attention where someone else would sit back and damage or heal other players. Ask what role you will be filling and make sure you are comfortable with it. If one of your other jobs are higher then the role you are asked to fill, make sure you note that to the group.

*Let people know when you have to leave - If you are in a group & Have to go for dinner shortly, make sure you let them know. When you have to take a bathroom break make sure you let them know. A simple: "BRB, bathroom". This is only polite to do.
    The worst thing would be to see that group lying dead when you get back to the computer from a bathroom break!

*Have fun! - Don't let the game be stressful to you. If you are getting frustrated
    ask for some tips and help or try a new job out.

"Veteran" players:

Not your first MMO? Free realms has a bit of a different feel to it.
    Along with basic etiquette, be sure to keep the following in mind.

*This is a family game. - A lot of players will not know how to preform what may seem like basic actions. Be a leader! Help them out when possible & try to tone down on the "Gamer" speak. The person on the other side may not realize what an NPC is!
    Take time and explain all aspects of the game.

*Say hello! - Many players are just looking to try out the chatting features or just for some help. When someone says hello - say hi back! If you can not stay for long explain that you are on your way to do something but it was nice meeting them.
    A little friendly attitude goes a long way!

*Don't play tricks - do not play tricks on "Newbie" players. Its no nice to send them in the wrong direction for a quest. Or claim you are a staff member (this is against the rules!) be nice.

*If someone is asking for equipment or money, do not be rude. Politely explain to them that you would be happy to help them with a quest. But do not have the money to spare. OR if you are feeling generous why not spot them a few coins?

Do's and Dont's for all:

*Be polite! - Do not be argumentative or hurtful. Show some manners ~ being polite to all will go a long way in a MMO. If you are looking for help, do not beg for it.

*Be respectful - do not call another member names.

*Don't ask someone for personal information or their age. (If you see someone doing this - be sure to report them.).

*If you are not comfortable with the person
    - leave. Do not stay around someone you are not comfortable with. If they are doing something wrong or hurtful report them to a referee.

*Do not curse or use strong/bad language
    . They are blocked for a reason.

*Don't send random friend requests. - This is seen as bad manners. Get to know the person before sending out a request to be friends!

Some terms you may hear & what they mean:

NPC - non playable character - this is a character which can not be played by you or me. A quest giver, would be a NPC.

Quest giver - an NPC which gives out quests.

Party - also known as a group. A group are people who have agreed to help each other with a quest and invited the others to a private group where experience and rewards will be shared.

Noob - also known as a newbie. A new player to the game.
    This is considered a less polite term and should be avoided.

just remember your manners and you should be just fine!

Thomas Edison's last words were 'It's very beautiful over there'.
    I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful.

Autumn Roselake is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: FreeRealms Etiquette Guide :)

Sweet guide MissGnomie!

xoRockerGirlxo is offline Amateur Gamer

Awesome, thnaks for this!
    "I know you, you know me! One thing I can tell you is you got to be free!"

skycon is offline Pro Gamer

Nice gide thanks.

B.Moonsong is offline Amateur Gamer

This guide is awesome, thanks so much!! It brings up a question, though. My daughter and I are both playing, and both of us are new to this type of game ... think experts in Webkinz World as our level, lol! When you say to "talk to the other players" I'm guessing this means we can just type what we want to say. My daughter is a little younger and she doesn't seem to have the "type" feature. I was trying to show her how to type the "moves" in but it didn't work on her account. Is this a glitch or are the younger players not allowed to have the "typing" chat feature? TIA for your help!!

Kids under thirteen can't type.

B.Moonsong is offline Amateur Gamer

Thank you, that's good to know. I think that is best for the younger kids, I just needed to clarify. I appreciate it!

Quite welcome!

Versaille is offline Newbie Explorer

Hi,

I have a suggestion for your Etiquette Guide.

Chat ask if someone wants to Group or Duel. Don't send spam invites over and over. Respect someone's choice to not Group or Duel.

This morning I was repeatedly spammed by a player first to group, then to duel while I was trying to complete a Miner quest. It was a little frustrating that the person couldn't let go of it even after knowing I was working on something.

Versaille

Rowan Guest

Miss Gnomie this is great! Thanks so much!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast