Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    rechase2 is offline Pro Gamer

Default Volcom Variety

Where did the name Volcom Come From? i can only think of one place... Greek Legend.... Any ideas?

Toxic Seth is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Volcom Variety

Heres A Sum Up On What It mean's But i Cant Find Where it came from..
    What does Volcom stand for? The most common reference is to a manufacturer of apparels and consumer goods targeted towards the youth market. Based on their own experiences, the 2 founding fathers of Volcom decided to create a range of products which basically revolve around their love of extreme sports, namely surfing, skateboarding and surfboarding. Originating in California, it was a logical decision to go into a line of products involving the sun and sea. It then produced associated clothing as one had to look cool while riding the boards. Stores popped up all over the world, their products easily identified by the stone logo which resembles the head of a spear or an inverted diamond. Being young at heart, their motto of "Youth Against Establishment" resounds in their products and corporate lifestyle. Volcom also actively supports a campaign to "Let the Kids Ride Free" which is probably trumpeted in places which require child admission fees. It also ventured into the music industry and created its own label with a number of recording artists, namely bands. It also runs an annual worldwide music tour. In promoting the love of music, Volcom also holds annual music competitions for unsigned bands to strut their stuff on stage.What does Volcom stand for? In a less commercial setting, it also means Value Of Life Committee which draw some similarities to the Volcom company's mission in advocating for the weaker. They are basically groups who come together to look at life's issues and advocate certain causes such as healthcare, abortion, religion, politics, racial matters, and many more. Many books are available in the market as numerous authors attempt to dissect the meaning on the true value of life.
    In West Yorkshire, Volcom is a term used to mean the Voluntary and Community Sector. The local development agency brings organizations together to develop partnerships and work together to utilize resources for the overall benefit of the community. In North Yorkshire, Volcom stands for Voluntary Community Organization. It probably functions in a similar manner as its sister shire. There is also a research and development facility in Hull called, I'm sure you can guess its name, Volcom.
    It seems Volcom, as the clothing and good manufacturer, pretty much has the main hold on the name. However, an abbreviation, as we so love to create on a daily basis, is just an idea away and someone out there has probably regurgitated another one before we can say "What does Volcom stand for?"

"Always Be Yourself, Because The people Who Mind Don't Matter and The People Who Matter Don't Mind."
    Dr. Seuss.

rofl I didnt see tht coming

General Discussion / Chat
    Oh And This is Where This Thread Should be
    Lol Sorry Just Had To Say, even though It Is A Guild
    Its Not A Guild Invite or Group so ya.....

"Always Be Yourself, Because The people Who Mind Don't Matter and The People Who Matter Don't Mind."
    Dr. Seuss.

Quote Originally Posted by rechase2 View Post
    rofl I didnt see tht coming
    What Do you Mean? You Asked So i tried To Sum it Up.

Dr. Seuss.

lol... nvm i jes Thought it waas something like.. idk

Jimienta is offline Pro Gamer

Oh my gwash seth. o-o
    When I was reading the first one Sentence .. I Just stopped there xD
    RYAN HIGAAA<333
    School = Sevin cra-ppy Hours of our lives, xD

Quote Originally Posted by rechase2 View Post
    lol... nvm i jes Thought it waas something like.. idk
    What? im So Confused? D:

Dr. Seuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimienta View Post
    Oh my gwash seth. o-o
    When I was reading the first one Sentence .. I Just stopped there xD
    Lol -Rubs Head- Hey Guys I Like Rep (:

Dr. Seuss.

Jimienta is offline Pro Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Seth View Post
    Lol -Rubs Head- Hey Guys I Like Rep (:
    Haha (;
    Its Just TOO much words For Jimie D:
    RYAN HIGAAA<333
    School = Sevin cra-ppy Hours of our lives, xD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast