Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Title: <Unreliable> merges with <Double Trouble>

Miracolatore is offline Pro Gamer

Default <Unreliable> merges with <Double Trouble>

Double Trouble and Unreliable are merging!

They say you can’t have too much of a good thing, and we’re prepared to test it! Unreliable is merging with the veteran adult guild Double Trouble into one uber ball of awesomeness.

Why the merger?

Unreliable focuses on the same member base as Double Trouble, with Double Trouble switching from inactive to active status, we find ourselves battling for the same sort of players. With the players we focus on being in such short supply (namely adult with an undertone of sarcasm), we find ourselves in a conundrum;
    Allow Unreliable to lose members to Double Trouble as nostalgia sets in (since a good few were Double Trouble to begin with).
    Allow Double Trouble’s member base to stagnate because newer players feel intimidated by an older, established guilds with several Free Realms celebrities in the roster.
    -or-
    Merge both guilds and stop splitting the difference!

The Outcome?

Double Trouble and Unreliable aim to team up and provide a haven to the crotchety old timers here on Free Realms, maintaining a laid back, casual, unreliable member base just teeming with trouble. Unreliable’s members will be absorbed into Double Trouble rather than create an entirely new guild, as Double Trouble has a fair few members returning daily to experience new content and trying to route them elsewhere would be a pain.
    In short, nobody is going anywhere; we’re just reforming into something that makes a little more sense.

Now onto your regularly scheduled programming!

What is “Unreliable”?

<Unreliable>is an adult only guild that aims to live up to its name, comprised of players who have been deemed just that in various games due to RL responsibilities, players who just may have to get up in the middle of an instance because your newborn just doesn't get the "I'm in a dungeon" concept. As a long time veteran of MMORPG's starting with EQ back in the late 90's all the way up to WoW and SWTOR but no longer able to muster the drive nor the time for hardcore gaming, I've found myself here on Free Realms, a game that encompasses all the things I wish one MMO would provide including farming (ala HM64), housing (SWG anyone?) and good old fashioned adventure style leveling systems. One small problem with Free Realms...the game is basically meant for a much younger crowd, thus most of the guilds I looked into either were comprised of mostly sub 18 players or were built around a family friendly environment, an environment which most certainly does NOT cater to my cynical, sarcastic and occasionally crude nature. With this in mind it occurred to me that I can't be the only cynical, sarcastic and crude adult who plays this game and longs for a guild where we're free to be just that, and Unreliable was born!

Are you one of those players that has to duck out on raids for spouse faction, children's various diseases or work? Does the member chat in Free Realms physically sicken you? Do you face palm more than 5 times a play session when you do play Free Realms? Were you one of those people who anxiously awaited the release of Harvest Moon...on the 64? Or perhaps your original Pokémon game was played on something like this...

If so, you may just be Unreliable!

What does it mean to be “Unreliable”?

Being Unreliable material is more than just being an adult who plays Free Realms. Unreliable members are laid back, have a great sense of humor (even if it does reside primarily in the gutter), help one another and are generally a great group of folks to be around. At Unreliable we don’t tolerate outright cruelty, although good natured ribbing is commonplace among our guys, once something crosses the line (which inevitably happens), it’s addressed promptly. We may be crude, but Unreliable folks are like a hobo with a heart of gold, rough around the edges, riddled with disease but still a joy to be around!

With that being said, you might just be Unreliable if;

You often have to utter the words, AFK going to make dinner, I’ll be back I just got called into work, or just go randomly AFK because your child has decided to vomit, defecate or urinate in an unfortunate place in your home!

The primary faction you're always grinding is “Spouse Faction.”

Before having a rage in game you have to consider your blood pressure!

Cartoons from the 70’s and 80’s make you feel nostalgic, while the ones that your child watches just make you feel old.

You think Mira is a jerk, but you love her anyway!

Now that we’ve covered what it means to be Unreliable, let’s go over a few of what it doesn’t mean to be Unreliable.

You might NOT be Unreliable if;

Your response to crude or sarcastic jokes is more along the lines with “Oh my stars how vulgar!” than “Bwahahahha.”

You are under the age of eighteen (the ONLY exception we make to this rule is those age 17 and that is on a case by case basis).

You enjoy busy guilds with lots of events and stuff to do.

You think you should get phat lewtz for little to no effort, you enjoy begging, bragging or just being a general nuisance.

You think Mira is a jerk, and…no Mira’s just a jerk.

But wait! Unreliable is more than just a guild!

That’s right! Unreliable is also a community for the Free Realms adult crowd and an extra chat which thumbs its nose at the Free Realms filter!
    Join the blossoming (and by that I mean currently non-existent but still hopeful) forum community over on the Unreliable boards. It’s a community arranged very much like the Insiders and Mystic boards, but exclusively for the 18+ crowd. So for all you adults out there trolling the boards, come on over to the Unreliable general Free Realms boards and say Hi!

PLEASE NOTE:

Due to some of the adult content on our forums you will be unable to see or participate in the forums until you are accepted via the Apply to Guild OR Forums link, after which you will be approved to participate in the forums. I apologize for the added precaution, but due to the large underage population it's a necessary evil in order for us to fully use our forums to the full extent that crudeness, sleaze and sarcasm will allow

Or join us in X-Fire! A chat program that runs during your play time and is displayed over the top of any game in a convenient spot and duration of your choosing! X-fire can even be accessed on your smart phone with a free download and you can chat us up on the go! On the fence on joining Unreliable? Try a little X-Fire mingling to see if we’re the crowd for you!

How do I become “Unreliable”?

Unreliable’s recruitment process is easy and strives to benefit both applicants and current guild members. Simply hit the Apply to Guild or Forums link on our site and your application will be reviewed by not only the officers, but current members of the guild. We want everyone to mesh well, and if for some reason you don’t get along with our current members, we like to know that up front! This saves both of us the time of getting you guilded, only to have you leave in a few days because you can’t get along with our current members. Like I stated in the What does it mean to be “Unreliable” section, it’s about more than just being an adult, it’s about a community based on common interests and tastes.

So pop on over to the Unreliable boards to poke around, give us a try on our X-Fire chat, or chat one of our members up in game. We are currently opening up recruitment for anywhere from 5-10 semi-active players.
    Let’s try and build a community of like minded players!

Unreliable FAQ

Q: My main is in a guild I’m fairly committed to, but I’d still love a place to take a bit of a break from the kiddies. Can I move an alt to Unreliable?
    A: Absolutely! We’d love to have you as part of the Unreliable family in any fashion.

Q: I play with my son/daughter and they aren’t 18. Will you make an exception to your 18+ policy so we can both join?
    A: I’m afraid not. Unreliable is a haven for us oldies but goldies to hang out without fear of offending innocent eyes, the only exception to this would be if your child was 17 and that is on a case by case basis.

Q: My application was denied! Why are you guys so mean?!?!
    A: We’re jerks.
    A: Ok we are jerks, but if your application was denied it’s most likely because of one of the following reasons;
    a) Your reputation on the Official Forums, Mystic Forums and/or Insiders Forums precedes you in a negative way.
    b) You were voted against by current guild members due to your in-game and forum dealings with them.
    c) You aren’t 18.

Q: My play time is sporadic, I may not be able to log in for weeks or even months at a time, am I still welcome in Unreliable?
    A: Absolutely. Our guild is based on the idea that Free Realms, like any other game is just that, a game. Real life can sometimes creep up on us, sometimes we can get bored with a game and want to try something new for a while, or maybe you’re just burnt out and need a breather. Unreliable does not remove you for inactivity.

Q: I’m really into House Parties, guild sponsored events and love a busy guild chat, is Unreliable the guild for me?
    A: Probably not. Unreliable members are just that, unreliable. Because we can never tell when our play times will be, it’s hard to schedule in game events. That’s not to say we may not attend a party or an event, it just most likely won’t be sponsored by us.

Q: Mira I love your auctions! You’re just so awesome and cool!
    A: Thanks.

Q: Can I still use the X-Fire chat and the forums if I’m not an actual guild member of Unreliable?
    A: You sure can! The only section of our boards you won’t have access to is our Members section, you can participate in both the forums and the X-Fire chat, provided you aren’t a jerk and earn yourself a whack with the ban hammer.

Q: Wait what? You can ban me from the chat or the boards?
    A: I sure can! But it will most likely be Manda who slaps you down, she’s an equal opportunity destroyer.

Q: Do you have one of those awesome guild recruitment videos?
    A: Umm…sorta?

Video Disclaimer
    Spoiler: show
    I do not own any of the video or music clips used in this video. The video and music clips featured in this video are the intellectual property of their respective owners. I do not make any money from the making or distributing of this video.

Please be advised that this video contains a clip of an alien who eats cats, Tom Cruise sliding by in his tightie whities, and Ash twirling his Boom Stick

Last edited by Miracolatore; 12-10-2012 at 05:17 AM.
    Zalesana likes this.

Deviant Art
    "Set phasers to...FABULOUS!"

Zimster is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: <Unreliable> Recruitment

It's so awesome to see another adult guild coming to the realms! but have you ever tried being in Double Trouble? Not saying nothing is wrong with making your own guild, but just a wise suggesstion if your guild becomes a "Fail".

I would give the guild a go one day, but I have no clue when I will yet so. GLHF! (Lol I learned a New Acronym today. thanks for teaching! haha)
    "Don't cry because it's over: smile because it happened."

Hiya Zim, I didn't see anything for Double Trouble but thanks for the heads up, I'll keep it in mind.

Deviant Art

chase123456tan is offline Master Gamer

Good luck.
    Miracolatore likes this.
    KATAANG
    I'm taking the Timeless Isle for the GEAR!
    Beware, Thunder King, nobody is safe from my monk.

Thanks Chase

Deviant Art

Zimster is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Miracolatore View Post
    Hiya Zim, I didn't see anything for Double Trouble but thanks for the heads up, I'll keep it in mind.
    Double Trouble is pretty much a hidden guild. They are on the forums, I think, but They do not actively post, nor post at all actually. The guild is a strict guild for 18+ at least, but they sometimes, NOT ALL THE TIME, make acceptions to allow young ones in it who are mature enough for them. but it's a nice guild when you get to know the members. They are very familiar with the game and are to help... it's surprising if you see one in game now since Guild Wars 2 has been launced. so, You might be better off sticking to your own guild. But Best of luck to you!!
    "Don't cry because it's over: smile because it happened."

Baybo is offline Master Gamer

Good Luck!
    Miracolatore likes this.

True story!

ally2k is offline Amateur Gamer

Good luck!
    Miracolatore likes this.

Thanks for the well wishes!

Deviant Art

We've grabbed some great people but we're still open for recruitment, so if you're looking for an adult only atmosphere or a place to just escape every now and again from the younger crowd just visit our site(just PM me for the link) and apply. We have no requirements in terms of activity so if you're unable to log on for weeks at a time that's Ok with us.

Also, our guild does use Xfire as guild chat for the most part, but it is certainly not required. It's just a nice alternative to in game chat where both our members and some close friends from other guilds can chat. If you are interested in joining our chat to get to know us before submitting an application, please PM me and I'll be happy to give you our chat information.

Deviant Art

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast