Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree22Likes

Title: Guild Update Very VERY UPSETTING!!!!!

Ragu is offline Pro Gamer

Default Re: Guild Update Very VERY UPSETTING!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ashfr View Post
    Hey Ragu, can you answer this for me, Ragu eh?

Thanks Ragu, thanks thanks Ragu.
    Certainly, Ash. Guilds are a vital part of the Free Realms community, and to remove the creation entirely would insure the eventual downfall of guilds, which isn't good at all in a social MMO like Free Realms. Using real money to purchase a guild name change, or even a character name change, has players putting a small investment into their guild or character name. Guilds can be a large responsibility and by having the guild founder spend an amount of SC for a custom guild name, it shows that there are serious enough to go through with it and make a name for themselves. If money has to be put down, people will take the responsibility of guild leadership more seriously and can actually lead to a strengthening of the guild community where new and rising guilds are serious about what they are doing. Coins isn't an available option probably due to how heavily inflated the FR market has been since the introduction of farming. Earning coins has gotten a lot easier since then, and because more people would probably by the name change with coins if it was an option, I suspect that there would still have a substantial amount of name changes, probably less than there is now, but more than it would be if they charged SC for it.

VampireLindsey is offline Explorer

i'm kind of dissipointed to i don't like how you have to pay to create a guild and change the name but you know maybe it's temporary

Tommy0327 is offline Pro Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Zimster View Post
    Well, there is a good side, and a bad side about this fix..

The good thing is that some will finally be a bit more loyal to there current guilds, rather then going off, leaving.

The bad thing is that SOE has earned the title $OE, which I find this update to be a bit outrageous. I can understand the re-name part to cost, but I mean to make a guild? Are you serious? That's just gone to far. Guilds have been out since 2010, maybe longer than that, and now they decide to do this? Well, all I can say is way to go $OE!
    While I do agree with this, the reason why is because you don't like your guild name? why not just delete it give it a new name and re-invite everyone?! Although I think they should at least check if you've mad a guild before auto-forcing you to pay. I do agree though It's still an outrage! Thanks $OE
    Spoiler: show
    Actually wrapped in a spoiler but still awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by ashfr View Post
    Don't they still have to approve the guild name if you brought a name, this is almost as bad as getting rid of guild free creation entirely, the chances are slim because SOE(I AM NOT using the dollar sign) doesn't want to spend their money to hire people, otherwise it's your job to review guilds name as well as support players because it's your job and if you can't take it, quit.
    While I get what you're coming from, don't you think you'd rather make a dedicated ready to play player pay for a guild? You see while they will lose people for guilds, they will definatly get a bit more money AND if you have to pay, they know less people will get custom names.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragu View Post
    I believe you still can with the character name changer?
    I think they mean without money or SC

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456