Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Title: Guide to Creating A Guild

Zimster is offline Master Gamer

Default Guide to Creating A Guild

This Idea is all Inspired by my Event Guide, so I decided to make one here since Guilds are my other thing I like to deal with.

Creating a Guild ~~ Guide
    By ~ Zimster

Step 1 ~ Identify the Name, and Characteristics
    You always want to have a name in mind when you start making a guild. Whether it's you, or a group of friends, always have a name. When making up a name, you want to have it based on what you like in guild names, like do you like Gaming Titles, like Sonic for example, or Lord of the Rings. These are both great ideas, but you need to be very creative on your OWN guild name. Some guild names I have seen are like Lunarium, Double Trouble, Unreliable, Digital Elite, Insiders, and Mystic Mayhem (Please do not cry if your guild was not shown. Just names on the top of my head). These are all creative names. Now it's your turn.

Step 2 ~ Creating your Guild
    When people create guilds, it's best to make the name on your Alternative Character, and allow it to approve. This is because If it does not approve, you do not want to tell all the members you have recruited that the name has "failed" and watch everyone leave. Test the name FIRST before you start the next step which is...

Step 3 ~ Recruitment
    A lot have trouble with recruiting new members at the start, which is nothing new. You have to give your guild some time to gain some recognisition, along with popularity. You want to be able to show your guild to Free Realms, and let it know it's alive. Have your closest friends join! That's a good start. As that progresses, they will begin to ask there friends, and then you'll have people be asking you! It might not work like this everytime, but it's surely a good hypothesis on how it should work.

Step 4 ~ Advertising in the "Guilds" Sections of Websites
    Now that you have gotten more members, you seem to think people keep looking at you as a "dead" guild. Now it's time to advertise! Post about your guild in a guild section of any site. For example, on FRI, you would post in the Guild Section here on the site, very simple. On FROF, Guild Recruitment. There's a variety of forums you can use to tell them about your guild, along with making new friends.

Step 5 ~ Loyalty to the Guild
    You now have made it this far in the Guild Process. Now it's all up to you on how long you stay in the guild. If it's forever, or a short period of time. For those who are not active guild hoppers (Like don't hop guilds every week) then they seem to be qualified to be in a good guild, with a good rank. Those who are active guild hoppers is just the opposite. This is a big thing you want to show to your guild, because if you don't, none of the members will have faith in your running this guild, which is a terrible feeling.

Step 6 ~ Finalizing your Guild
    When you have made it this far, it's time to say you have done it. You have made your guild a success and you are proud of everything you have done. Now is the time to make a list of things YOU need to do to finalize the guild. For Example, Guild Colors, Guild Events, Guild Videos, etc. There's a whole variety of ways to finalize your guild. That includes making a website (Will list best Website Hosting sites below)! It all depends on the type of person you are!

This is my guide. Another successful one! I hope you all enjoy!

As I did say above, I would list some Website Hosting Sites for those who are more interested in making sites for there guilds.

For those who like to make a more Posting-based Site, I recommend Proboards Sites(www.proboards.com)

For those who like to have a more Clan-Based, to Non-Posting, I recommend Web, and Shivtr Sites (www.webs.com & www.shivtr.com)

chase123456tan and Amby like this.
    "Don't cry because it's over: smile because it happened."

Default Re: Guide to Creating A Guild

Then watch out for haters, break everyone hearts, and do the same thing everyday.
    Loopylady11 likes this.
    Alex Darkshield: The Straight Edge Chicagoan!

Yeah.. Lol I am hoping this gets stickied! Not soon, just whenever the staff has the time to do so..

Waraka520 is offline Explorer

Thanks! This guide really helped me think on how to manage my guild My last one failed so xD

airplanetx is offline Explorer

Thanks, three of my past guilds failed and I've had to watch everyone leave dissapointed. Your post really helped me come up with some names, and actually get to see it.

I'm glad it helped you guys

crysis is offline Explorer

Thanks this was helpful ^-^

Megarisa is offline Explorer

this is useful - thanks.

BarbieDoll is offline Explorer