Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Title: Applying to Insiders: What posts count

Ashley Preciousfable is offline Master Gamer

Default Applying to Insiders: What posts count

Hey everyone.

We get a lot of questions to what will count towards your 50 good posts for guild membership. While posts are only a part of what we look at, these guidelines should help you make the most of your application(s)!

This guide is made possible thanks to Gingerly over on WI.

Posts in the following areas do NOT count:

1. Role plays
    2. Creative Writing
    3. Avatars/Signature
    4. Head to the Pollz
    5. Other games/Virtual Worlds
    6. Member Blog Comments
    7. Open Mike
    8. Are you Game?
    9. The Free Market*** This area is unique in the fact that some posts may count. The posts in the Price Check area will count, as you are helping others.

It should also be noted that posts are what count, not making threads all over the place. Copying and pasting replies to threads will also not count. It has to be constructive and on topic! This means that if the topic is about Free Realms Pets, you can't make posts about Flowers and expect it to count.

Don't Bump Threads!

Bumping threads is a big one we see quite often. You are ONLY allowed to bump a thread in the Free Market, any where else is against our rules. And you are only allowed to bump your own thread.

However, bumping in the Free Market will not count towards 50 good posts, as it is not helpful, constructive, and what we consider "good."

These type of posts also count as bumping:

• "Aww thanks."
    • "Anyone else?"
    • "Any other thoughts?"
    • "Anyone want to post?"
    • "Bump"

Do not make "fluff" posts:

Here are some examples of fluff posts:
    "Lalalala that is so funny."
    "LOL I know right"
    "lalalalala"
    "ahahahaha"
    Silly and/or anything off topic.

Here are somethings that DO count:

1.) Welcome new members: We want to build a wonderful, friendly, and helpful community. This starts at the welcome mat by the door. Welcome new people, answer any questions, and just put on a cheery hello for them!

2.) Congratulate members: If someone gets a new item, or places high in a tournament. Why not congratulate them? This is a very kind thing to do.

3.) Be helpful!: This is a big one. Go out of your way to help others on the forums. A great place to start is the "somebody help" section on our forums.

4.) Be supportive: If someone is having problems with their accounts, don't be mean. Be supportive, tell them you are sorry, and give some suggestions on how to help them.

5.) Join in the conversation: There is always some chatting going on at the General Discussion. Get involved in the discussions going on, what is your opinion on the new pets? Do you like them? Just remember to be respectful of the other persons' opinion.

The number 1 rule is this:

Never be rude to anyone! Even if you don't agree with someone, or you think they are being rude... Don't post mean things to them. Report them to the staff instead.
    Last edited by Ashley Preciousfable; 12-27-2011 at 12:37 AM.

Thomas Edison's last words were 'It's very beautiful over there'.
    I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful.

Princess Claire is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Applying to Insiders: What posts count

Oh, I didnt know we were only allowed to bump our own threads. I usually dont give fluff posts, even though the examples are funny.
    annabell likes this.

"Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments..." -Deuteronomy 7:9

Paulina Ambermace is offline Master Gamer

What about the <Insiders> only thread? Do those count towards getting the 150 for the membership rank? And what about questions? Does this one count too? O_o
    "You may not like him, Minister, but you can't deny.. Dumbledore's got style."
    -Kingsley Shacklebolt

Quote Originally Posted by Paulina Ambermace View Post
    What about the <Insiders> only thread? Do those count towards getting the 150 for the membership rank? And what about questions? Does this one count too? O_o
    Any chat thread will not count towards good posts. The same rules apply to any application that requires you to have a specific amount of "good posts."

I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful.

kim coldrock is offline Amateur Gamer

ok so that is what we have to do

'On The Dance Floor'

daddy123shon is offline Amateur Gamer

so them why cant i join i do not get it
    ---Kelly2 Sunnyheart

Icebreak13 is offline Amateur Gamer

I am a little confused, why can you not bump other people's post only your own? I understand they don't count towards good posts, but I don't see the problem of bumping other people's threads.
    My Shop Special Thanks To Acaycia For My Signature.

IGN: Echoez

Quote Originally Posted by Icebreak13 View Post
    I am a little confused, why can you not bump other people's post only your own? I understand they don't count towards good posts, but I don't see the problem of bumping other people's threads.
    We ask that you do not do that because it creates a lot of spam on the threads. The owner of the thread may not want it bumped up as well. It's just a common courtesy (so to speak) for the forum, we want you to participate in discussion and what not, not just bump threads!

Devin092 is offline Explorer

I do not see where I post my Apps for the Insiders Guild at.. Please pm me a complete link to where I should post my app.

Princess Claire is offline Master Gamer

The applications are closed right now, the staff is catching up. They might possibly be back in the next 2 weeks, but nothing is sure yet.
    albania450 likes this.

"Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments..." -Deuteronomy 7:9

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast