Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AaronEsko is offline Master Gamer

Default Zilla the T-Rex Rant

I am making my first "rant".
    Has anyone even bought this feroscious, black-and-whitish-blue-striped, 1200 sc dino?
    It's limited edition and all, but I mean c'mon SOE! No one will pay $12 for an okay, kind of cool looking t-rex.

That's just my opinion.
    Post yours, post pictures if you see one/have one, etcetera.
    Aaron Esko <Insiders>

(^^Marley! But don't forget Bubba, Buddy, Duke, Jasper, and my other 47 pets!)

RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Zilla the T-Rex Rant

People paid $12 for a werewolf costume that's limited to a few jobs, I'm sure Zilla will sell more than the donation pets.
    Status: Quit FR since I never liked FR at all. Will probably not post anymore.

Gabriel Phantomcharm is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by AaronEsko View Post
    I am making my first "rant".
    Has anyone even bought this feroscious, black-and-whitish-blue-striped, 1200 sc dino?
    It's limited edition and all, but I mean c'mon SOE! No one will pay $12 for an okay, kind of cool looking t-rex.

That's just my opinion.
    Post yours, post pictures if you see one/have one, etcetera.
    I have one lol i just buy all the limited editions. Zilla just looks different lol.

Gabriel Phantomcharm
    <The Great Brotherhood>
    Server1

TheBananaKing is offline Master Gamer

I think SOE was intending to make it a Godzilla-like T-rex.
    Problem is, they did a horrible job designing, but still slapped on a 12 buck price.

Superfreak41502 is offline Master Gamer

I love the way Zilla came out i bought 1 for each of our 3 accounts

Be yourself.. Imitation is Suicide!

Buck Nife is offline Explorer

Forgive me in advance for seeming negative, but understand I'm speaking from a broad perspective and not toward the current state of FR (which I love and play daily):

I agree that it looks pretty ugly and gives off an aura of laziness when compared with the fine detail of other pets. But I know lots of people will buy it and say it is teh awesumness just because it is new and limited (my apologies if you think it is teh awesum). This is what happens in microtransaction games. In my beloved Guild Wars, there are now tons of folks running around in 7 dollar Christmas costumes that do nothing but look goofy. But, they were limited editions, so youngsters with deep pockets bought them to be cool. In reality, SOE is here to make money, and they saw Zando selling well for Haiti, so they tried again for themselves. Here's hoping they make a ton of money from it. But diligence must be shown by both players and devs in microtransactions to 1) not reward minimal effort so much that game elements suffer, and 2) not charge unreasonable prices for minimal effort just because people will pay (for now). Long-term, devs can't lose the vision of an MMO in search of a quick buck today (that disappears tomorrow when the game elements suffer for lack of attention), and players should incent good work by paying for work that is good and not sloppy afterthoughts only to enhance your own perceived coolness. I have watched the FR dev videos and have respect for these guys; they are smart, work hard and are likeable people. Truthfully, SOE as a whole does have trouble maintaining a vision (I say that from years spent in Everquest and the Pirates CCG).

Written in the spirit of continued pursuit of growth/betterment...

Gabriel Phantomcharm is offline Master Gamer

I think Zilla looks ok i think they couldhave made him look better though.

Gabriel Phantomcharm
    <The Great Brotherhood>
    Server1

RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

Really? Is this what others think? Zilla is about the most appealing pet to me, besides my ghost cat, because of his appearance.
    Status: Quit FR since I never liked FR at all. Will probably not post anymore.

King Empoleon is offline Amateur Gamer

They shoul've added a back "spike" mesh on the back of Zilla, then I would buy it. Godzilla's awesome.
    Olny 55% of plepoe can raed tihs.
    I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre

AuroraFoxwoods is offline Explorer

I completely see Buck Nife's point of view. ~ Honestly, if I liked Zilla, I would buy it... but I don't. I just don't like the way it looks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast