Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Princess Celestina

Title: Are You Ready to Plunder?

Princess Celestina is offline Master Gamer

Icon11 Are You Ready to Plunder?

Free Realms posted this on the main page about two hours ago:

The fifth set for the Free Realms Trading Card Game is called "Rumbledome!" It has lots of cool stuff from Sunstone Valley, including Skullz, Feathered Drakes, and Manguana. Of course, we've added some new game mechanics to make your deck building… and your games… more fun!

One of those new mechanics is called "Plunder." Since the very first FRTCG set, we've had the "Collect" mechanic, which counts the score cards on your side in your creature's column to see if it works or not. Now, we've added game effects that take a look at the score cards on your opponent's side! Here's an example from the new Robgoblin Kaboomer:

Plunder 2: I get +2 attack.

That means that the Robgoblin Kaboomer gets this attack bonus game text while there are two or more cards in your opponent's score pile in his column.

Another example is the Skullz Commander.

This spikey Dwarf has the ability to put some serious hurt on an opponent. If his opponent has four cards in their score pile, he can zap (for zero coin cost) and destroy an opponent’s scored card. This is a great late-game option, especially if the scores are close.

Plunder provides terrific comeback possibilities. Imagine that your opponent has been beating you up with one big creature and scored a lot of cards in the middle column. Now you can play a Plunder creature and reap the benefits of those scored cards!

Plunder is just one of the new features you'll find in the Rumbledome! Of course there are lots of cool new virtual reward cards and tournament prizes coming, too! Keep watching for more news about Rumbledome!

Zyonmkxq and ashfr like this.

Where you stop is where you start again.
    Celestina Corinne

Epik R0ckZ is offline Pro Gamer

Default Re: Are You Ready to Plunder?

Awesome! Thanks Cele!

IGN: Epik R0ckZ, Thanks to Kayopuro for the avvie and siggy.

Ahliadre is offline Master Gamer

Thanks so much for the good info, Cele!

Plunder looks like an interesting twist -- have to wait and play and see (:
    IGN: Ahliadre

Zyonmkxq is offline Banned

This is some intresting info thanks for the post Celestina. Im not really a big fan of playing TCG so I am not really that intrested in the new game mechanics but I do like the rewards. I hope more info regaurding possible new VRs is announced soon, that is far more intresting to me. Also, its kinda funny how they are using this new TCG series to distract us from their previous announcement of the heros journal and part 2 of the main story line. Did they think we would forget? Would be nice to get a follow up developement status on the aforementioned updates rather then this diversion as I am excited for real content updates not more SC crud....

Cori goldensea is offline Pro Gamer

no pics of VR?

IGN Cori Goldensea
    Youtube: TheDailyWizard

ashfr is offline Master Gamer

New TCG cards cheers! Excited though I probably care less about the Virtual Rewards that could instead be an extra card earned from packs.

Princess Celestina is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Cori goldensea View Post
    no pics of VR?
    No pictures of new virtual rewards have been released, as far as I know.

Where you stop is where you start again.
    Celestina Corinne