Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Wirox is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Wizard DoD Chase Deck

Hello everybody!

I've read many things about the legendary Wizard DoD Chase deck, but I've never seen it in a normal game. I understand how this deck works, but some people wrote that Wizard DoD was glitched. I know that when you start chasing creatures, you can play all the creatures from your hand and that's not a glitch. So... where's the bug in that card? Or maybe it only used to occur, but it was fixed?

Edit:
    By the way, I should post that thread on a TCG related section...
    Last edited by Wirox; 02-10-2014 at 03:16 PM.
    In-game name: Devin Silentshade

ashfr is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Wizard DoD Chase Deck

Quote Originally Posted by Wirox View Post
    Hello everybody!

I've read many things about the legendary Wizard DoD Chase deck, but I've never seen it in a normal game. I understand how this deck works, but some people wrote that Wizard DoD was glitched. I know that when you start chasing creatures, you can play all the creatures from your hand and that's not a glitch. So... where's the bug in that card? Or maybe it only used to occur, but it was fixed?

Edit:
    By the way, I should post that thread on a TCG related section...
    Could chase in set phase.
    Edit: I meant outside of the set phase. :P

It was fixed some time ago, note that everything in the quote is past tense, the post was made in 2011 on the free realms official forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Layla Littlenymph
    The Wizard DoD allows you to gain a number of coins when you chase a creature that is equal to the creature being chased. The problem is that it allows you to chase a creature outside of the set phase which is NOT an ability found within the card text. Since it does not limit the chase to the set phase it allows you to spend coins to chase a creature, get all those coins back which you can use to chase that creature AFTER PLAYING IT, get more coins back which you can use to chase that creature, and on and on and on, limited only by how many creatures you have in hand. A draw type deck built around this card can win a game in a single hand.
    Last edited by ashfr; 02-10-2014 at 03:50 PM. Reason: nvm, you know how it works.

Thank you for the answer.
    Ah, so you could hunt, then chase zapped, then hunt, then chase zapped, etc, right? If so, it was a really annoying bug...

Well, obviously not everything is past tense, you can still gain a number of coins equal to the creature cost, which is replicated by another promo hero card from the series 4 quest line.

Yeah, sure. But without chasing creatures which have already hunted it's not really effective...

Off topic:
    Do you want to play a TCG match? I'd like to show you my new deck :p

Umm, it's been hours, but if you're still online(in game) and not busy..

Quote Originally Posted by Wirox View Post
    Yeah, sure. But without chasing creatures which have already hunted it's not really effective...
    I recall someone stunning and THAN hunting? Because that's what older post usually say, that it involved a lot of chasing and it was hard to see what was going on, or at least a particular one? I don't know, my answer isn't really good because I'm trying to go from hearsay.

Here's something anyhow, best thing I can find.
    In an ideal situation, you have an archer DoD or Sam Potts in the discard pile and a Wizard DoD in your hand, along with resources You Go First and A Little Help in play. In that case, you put wizard DoD into play, zap it with A Little Help, draw cards with You Go First, chase with archer DoD, and use the extra coins to play allies and/or destroy creatures with archer DoD
    I don't really remember much about it, but the bug in the end was that it could chase outside of the set phase. Still can't remember how it worked.