Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 68

Title: Why?

  1. #1
    Nate's Avatar
    Nate is offline Master Gamer
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,181

    Default Why?

    Ok I just have a question with all the money they have gotten from selling us SC items. Why can't they make a new zone? Search up World of Warcraft on google. Guess what? They have COUNTRIES made that are the same size as Free Realms if you multiplyed Free Realms by 4! They have made new versions of it with so much land that it would take you nearly 4 days to venture everywhere on foot. Why can't SOE do the same? Why can't they make the little stuff? Ok search World of Warcraft Cataclysm. Yeah check the Features, and see how much zones they added. I just want this simple question answered.

  2. #2
    Keith Silvernight's Avatar
    Keith Silvernight is offline Master Gamer
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,446

    Default Re: Why?

    SOE is lazy. 'Nuff said.

  3. #3
    Horazon's Avatar
    Horazon is offline Master Gamer
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,037

    Default Re: Why?

    They made those new zones in 2 years... and they are still working

  4. #4
    Orthuss's Avatar
    Orthuss is offline Pro Gamer
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    958

    Default Re: Why?

    This is the reason I'm quitting FR. Until SOE finds something new for us to explore, I'm gonna be far far away.

    FR Names - Orth (Pixie Guy Main), Kanji Tatsumi (Human Guy Alt)
    Guess who's back? Back again?

  5. #5
    Ashley Preciousfable's Avatar
    Ashley Preciousfable is offline Master Gamer

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    5,452

    Default Re: Why?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    Ok I just have a question with all the money they have gotten from selling us SC items. Why can't they make a new zone? Search up World of Warcraft on google. Guess what? They have COUNTRIES made that are the same size as Free Realms if you multiplyed Free Realms by 4! They have made new versions of it with so much land that it would take you nearly 4 days to venture everywhere on foot. Why can't SOE do the same? Why can't they make the little stuff? Ok search World of Warcraft Cataclysm. Yeah check the Features, and see how much zones they added. I just want this simple question answered.

    It took World Of Warcraft around 3 years to release their first expansion, and a year and a bit after that to release their second one, neither of which was not nearly as big as the first maps. It takes time...even for something as big as Blizzard to create these areas and have the prepped for new players. Blizzard has a huge team dedicated to their game, the developers at SOE have been working on Free Realms and the SW clone wars game upcoming this fall.

    Thomas Edison's last words were 'It's very beautiful over there'.
    I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful.

  6. #6
    Peter Flametempest's Avatar
    Peter Flametempest is offline Amateur Gamer
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    176

    Default Re: Why?

    I ask the same thing. They seem to think it is better to use their time making even more SC items, but we really do not know SOE's directives. Hopefully they are doing this so they can make a new area soon. I think that they will when they have all of the current issues and any larger player demands satisfied. I will wait if they fix combat so a great, challenging dungeon could be waiting for us in a new area. But it does get on my nerves when they include an $8.00 toilet pool in an update when we are all crying for better things.-PF
    Olny 55% of plepoe can raed tihs.
    I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre

  7. #7
    Holton's Avatar
    Holton is offline Pro Gamer
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    628

    Default Re: Why?

    Oh, and let's not forget - Free Realms is designed for a much younger market. I remember reading them saying that familiarity is more important to their target age group.



  8. #8
    Nate's Avatar
    Nate is offline Master Gamer
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,181

    Default Re: Why?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Preciousfable View Post
    It took World Of Warcraft around 3 years to release their first expansion, and a year and a bit after that to release their second one, neither of which was not nearly as big as the first maps. It takes time...even for something as big as Blizzard to create these areas and have the prepped for new players. Blizzard has a huge team dedicated to their game, the developers at SOE have been working on Free Realms and the SW clone wars game upcoming this fall.
    Yes, but instead of releasing SC items and just changing the coding a little bit, why not go and work on them? Also if they are working on just one more game, and while Blizzard developers are working on 3 games, plus there already existing games. Which is a lot. Ok, after the SW Clone Wars game, most likely they are not going to work on the games. I have asked them several times on the official forums, tickets, etc. I still don't get that why they can't make a new land, BLIZZARD WORKS HARD AND FAST! How are they so successful you may ask. Well, first of all they made the first game interesting and hard, then worked on expansions. What's SOE doing? Not even completing the first game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Horazon View Post
    They made those new zones in 2 years... and they are still working
    Yes they made them in 2 years. Ok, I can wait that much time but they have been have been saying Coming Soon since BETA! It's just unacceptable that they will make new games instead of finishing the ones they started. EQII Launched about 3 new zones in 2 years or so. Also in WoW those lands are bigger then all of our Realms multiplied by 3!

    Quote Originally Posted by Holton View Post
    Oh, and let's not forget - Free Realms is designed for a much younger market. I remember reading them saying that familiarity is more important to their target age group.
    Age Group, matters. Ok that's a good reason but where are they getting these kids that are about 10? A random kid off the streets or someone that plays video games regularly! Also the kids that they picked up don't even do combat even after the change! SO WHY CHANGE IT!

    I wouldn't say they are lazy Keith, I would just say they are busy, I'm not trying to be rude and say they are the laziest company in the world, I understand it takes time to create a new area. When they can be working on FREE REALMS they are WORKING on a NEW GAME! WHY NOT FINISH THE FIRST PROJECT?!
    Last edited by Nate; 08-03-2010 at 02:27 PM. Reason: I was quoting.

  9. #9
    Nikky Wolfcrest's Avatar
    Nikky Wolfcrest is offline Master Gamer
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,400

    Default Re: Why?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Preciousfable View Post
    It took World Of Warcraft around 3 years to release their first expansion, and a year and a bit after that to release their second one, neither of which was not nearly as big as the first maps. It takes time...even for something as big as Blizzard to create these areas and have the prepped for new players. Blizzard has a huge team dedicated to their game, the developers at SOE have been working on Free Realms and the SW clone wars game upcoming this fall.


    yeah! come on guys, Free Realms is only one years old. what do you expect from SOE?! cant you learn to at least appreciate them?
    ♥ My Tears Run Down Me Like Knives ♥
    ♥ Stay true to Emo♥

  10. #10
    trish19's Avatar
    trish19 is offline Master Gamer
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,678

    Default Re: Why?

    it might help FR to design faster if we would have ideas for the new zones (: and SoE will agree or disagree :]

    ----

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •