Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SuperZac is offline Amateur Gamer

Default What is there to do in Free Realms anymore?

Back when the game first came out I was completely addicted and I sucked all of the free to play quests and jobs dry.
    I sadly left.
    I came back this year and bought a lifetime membership when it was only $15. I had some fun for a few weeks.
    Then it got boring again.
    It just seems to me that all of the dungeons, quests, games, etc are just a boring grind. All the dungeons are the same, just colored and decorated differently, and the jobs are the same. The quests are dull, the storyline (which I was excited to start, mind you) is horribly incomplete. The trading card game is too hard because I can't buy cards in real life, and farming is just planting and coming back later.

That's what I want to know:
    What is there to do anymore? The devs never update...
    Help me, guys?
    Skyler Quickrune
    <Adventurers Club>
    Player since May 2009. Lifetime Member. Adventure forever!

chase123456tan is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: What is there to do in Free Realms anymore?

Don't you got any friend on it?Friends always keep me on there.And even the events-I make parties for my friends since I don't look at the calender much.So,find some good friends!
    KATAANG
    I'm taking the Timeless Isle for the GEAR!
    Beware, Thunder King, nobody is safe from my monk.

Quote Originally Posted by chase123456tan View Post
    Don't you got any friend on it?Friends always keep me on there.And even the events-I make parties for my friends since I don't look at the calender much.So,find some good friends!
    I never even talked with anybody until 2010. I can never find anybody intelligent playing, and the chat is so limited I can't even communicate.
    Skyler Quickrune
    <Adventurers Club>

morgan twinkleocean is offline Master Gamer

well they are having spoktacular on the 14th or you could trade at tangle wood fort that is what i do

I always talk with my friends, and I love doing the halloween and other holiday activities. Also you could play the new "Spot the Difference" game. So they add new things every once in a while so give it a change k?

IGN: Ch
    ï

Dude. I totally agree with ya.

Everyone else, please don't suggest friends to him. Not everyone play online games with friends, as I am one of those people who want to play for fun nowadays. Before, I used to play with friends, but nope of my friends play FR anymore, since FR is kind of dying...

It's true, developers doesn't seem to update FR as much as they used to, even when they go downhill, they seems like they stopped, somehow. I knew they did. The last update was kind of nice but it doesn't add any new context that will get players keep playing. :/ Well, there's a new mini game, but seriously? That's not bad, but they could have added more than that. At least small % of mini game lovers are pleased.

Though, most of dungeons aren't alike; but I did notice that some of them look alike in different color or texture; some with re-used same areas in larger areas which showed how lazy developers were.

So, what about me? I never play FR anymore, I checked the last update, pretty cool but nothing fun came out of it, so I didn't bother continuing playing.

It's hard to have fun on a game you paid for that doesn't continue getting new stuff monthly. Why pay monthly for a game who doesn't even update every month? Think about it. I know some are lifetime members, but there's monthly paying dudes out there too.

Brett Firemumbles is offline Master Gamer

I agree with SuperZac and ChocolateBoy.

"What is there to do in Free Realms (FR) anymore?" LOITERING, which is the "act of remaining in a particular public place for a protracted time...," frequently seen at Tanglewood Fort and Seaside, lol.

A typical FR day for me includes the following activities: go to the Robbie Tent to get a treasure; do Sal Monella quest (collect green gas for laughs); get coins at Croaking Vale for 20 minutes (I get bored easily); occasionally complete trades for items I ordered from the FRI site; do a little bit of farming and weeding; and most of the time, help newbie "friends"/strangers level up their combat jobs. Otherwise, I just loiter somewhere else watching people. I hope loitering won't be a crime in FR, lol. I usually repeat the same activities almost daily. Another Groundhog Day for me, lol! Though I have been guildless since I started playing FR, I have participated in a lot of fun activities sponsored by guilds. I enjoy riding solo, alone but not lonely, being a 'free spirit,' no rules and no commitments. Perhaps, I was a Bohemian in a previous life, lol.

I am looking forward to the Super Spooktacular event tomorrow. Likely, there might be a lot of new stuff, like costumes, rides, and possibly new weapons (wishful thinking, lol). The new items will probably be available only in the marketplace, which I will reluctantly buy with SC, as usual; luckily, I save some SC during the previous Double SC Weekend. However, except for the SC items, I am afraid that there will be no new content - no surprise there, lol. I just hope the Scaredy Cake will be available in the coinshop as last year.

I winced once paying the lifetime membership fee. However, I feel sorry for the "monthly paying dudes out there" playing a game that does not update often.

Anyway, my blade and arrows are sharp, and I am ready to battle the Pumpkin Prince once again at the break of dawn tomorrow. Godspeed!
    IGN: Brett Firemumbles - Any server will do... Just port!
    Follow your folly. Mine is playing "Free
    Pay Realms." - Anonymous (:

@Brett
    While that may be fun (and it is very similar to how I used to play), doing the same thing every day is very boring and an endless grind, not to mention the fact I don't even have that much time to spend playing.
    Skyler Quickrune
    <Adventurers Club>

Brett Firemumbles is offline Master Gamer

@ SuperZac
    Excessive loitering is not even fun at all. It just means most peeps tend to be idle because there is nothing much to do in FR, with a "been there, done that" attitude. I totally agree with you that repeating the same monotonous activity over and over again, can become boring and tiresome, because of lack of variety. When I described my typical day playing FR, I was just being facetious, showing my unexcitingly routine way of playing this game, lol. To fix this, I wish $OE updates the game frequently with more new content, not just adding SC items in the marketplace. I was wondering, if you don't have much time to spend playing a game (due to studies or work), I guess it is a moot point whether the game is boring or not, lol. Personally, despite the game's "dull" content, I still find the game amusing, but it might not last long; I might outgrow this game and move on...lol.
    IGN: Brett Firemumbles - Any server will do... Just port!
    Follow your folly. Mine is playing "Free
    Pay Realms." - Anonymous (:

@Brett
    True, true. Also, yes, I don't have much time to spend playing, but if it were more enjoyable I would feel more motivated to play Free Realms in my spare time instead of watching reruns on TV...
    Skyler Quickrune
    <Adventurers Club>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast