Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

Default What is so great about the UI update?

It seems to bring Rage to all!

But there does seem to be a possibly bright side to this if it's not bright for you already. You can change jobs while in a combat minigame. Go to your About Me, or use the Clothing/Job hot key (default C/J), select the job to change to, wait a bit, and you're now that job! Appearances may be deceiving.
    This brings up many possibilities: Not only can you now fight as one job and spin the wheel as another, possibly making Level 20 armor much easier to obtain, but it can greatly ease the taxing of a battle if your combat job is a lower level. Mind you, if a job doesn't meet the battle's requirement, it won't work.
    Beyond the usefulness of this, imagine the fun you can have! A Wizard blowing up, a Medic dropping bombs everywhere, a Warrior raining lasers upon all, and an Archer becoming enRaged!

As a side note, you don't seem to be able to get power-ups if you do this; the 3 hotkey power-ups: Fire Wave, Earth Shard, and Super Shield. Health and Energy power ups can still be obtained. Also, once you change jobs, you cannot revert to the original job you started with. As a final note, you will appear as the job you actually are on other players' screens, but will continue to look like the original job on your screen until you change jobs.

Stephanie Rabbitheart told me of this. FRI's Paul tested the "below level requirement" thing.

Now, what if this is fixed soon? Well, think about it. SOE's intentions were to merge the Job and Clothing interfaces. If they revert to the previous interfaces, the mentioned "glitch" will be gone, but almost-everyone's favorite interfaces will be returned. If they prevent us from entering that interface completely, someone will eventually complain that they've had an ability of theirs removed, ending the ability to change weapons and clothing during combat. They can somehow stop the Job wheel from spinning while in combat, but I wouldn't like to see them try to do that.

If there's possibly a problem with this, feel free to lock and/or delete this post.

P.S. Don't I look evil in that picture?
    Last edited by RandomPlayer; 05-27-2010 at 06:21 PM.
    Status: Quit FR since I never liked FR at all. Will probably not post anymore.

TechDeck14 is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: What is so great about the UI update?

I didn't know you can change job while fighting! I'll go try it out!

Sarah Noblemind is offline Master Gamer

I don't really like it all that much either. I think Akanah's (is that how you spell your name?) idea she made in photoshop is much better.
    Last edited by Sarah Noblemind; 05-07-2010 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Alexander told me how to spell her name....ty. XD

Sarah,it's Akanah xD
    Cool foundation RP!

K-ON!
    I don't suggest you to open the following spoiler. I think it'll explode! Run!
    Spoiler: show
    Silly you, why did you open the spoiler? Haha.

Ella Sparkleflower is offline Master Gamer

Cool, i didn't know you can change jobs in combat!
    i'll go try it out!
    And yes you do look evil in that pic....

SEID IHR DAS ESSEN? NIEN, WIR SIND DIE J√ĄGER

RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

As a side note, you don't seem to be able to get power-ups if you do this.
    Status: Quit FR since I never liked FR at all. Will probably not post anymore.

Stephani Rabbitheart is offline Master Gamer

Rp! Great job! Love Love Love the pic. That totally rocks!

Dawn Springlight is offline Master Gamer

Great pic!!! I do like the way you can change jobs well sort of change jobs lol! I think Pex did mention they will be making some alterations on the new UI.

Stephani Rabbitheart is offline Master Gamer

One thing to note that I found out later while experimenting and "playing". If you change to a different job inside the dungeon you can no longer pick up fire, stun, or armor. I am not sure about heath and energy. I will have to check on that. Also I noticed that once I changed jobs from the original job that I went into the dungeon with I could not go back to that job. I could do other jobs but was not able to go back to the original one that I had chosen. I hope that makes sense.

Zadira Kindleriver is offline Master Gamer

Oh yes... very very cool. We had a lot of fun playing around with this yesterday. I enjoy battling in dungeons mostly as a ninja or archer so found it great fun to be able to spin the wheel, after the battling was over, as a medic or a wizard. It does take a few seconds and you have to make sure you are in the right job before you spin the wheel because your appearance does not change .... but it does work!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast