Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Undead Father is offline Master Gamer

Default Weight Loss Advertisment

Do you have control of the adds that are put up? The one about loosing weight in the belly, the one with the heavy girl becoming thin. I just found that a little offensive. As a parent with a girl, I'm trying to incrust in her the idea to be happy with herself no matter her size.

Just one conserned parent.
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

Pilar is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Weight Loss Advertisment

Quote Originally Posted by Undead Father View Post
    Do you have control of the adds that are put up? The one about loosing weight in the belly, the one with the heavy girl becoming thin. I just found that a little offensive. As a parent with a girl, I'm trying to incrust in her the idea to be happy with herself no matter her size.

I think you mean ' instill ' ...
    I've think I've seen that ad and was a bit weirded out by it . I definitely didn't want to click on it . However , I can understand your concern ...

King Empoleon is offline Amateur Gamer

I saw that a while back, it's wrong. Most people are losing weight just to look good, not to be in good health.
    Olny 55% of plepoe can raed tihs.
    I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre

ColleenLilac is offline Explorer

Quote Originally Posted by Undead Father View Post

As a parent of a little girl I as well don't like this. To much pressure on being "thin" I teach her to eat healthy & love yourself the way you are! The fact that you don't like the ad shows that your daughter will be fine because she obviously has a great dad!

RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

There are a number of rather inappropriate advertisements on Free Realms Insider, but the staff don't seem to have control over the exact advertisements allowed. The best you can do is trick the system: according to Monkies, the advertisements go off the text in the site (i.e our posts). If you do not mention something, it would not appear in an advertisement. It seems to be true, as well, since I saw an ad about a fortune wheel when the Loot Wheel had been released.
    Status: Quit FR since I never liked FR at all. Will probably not post anymore.

Claire Goldenbeach is offline Amateur Gamer

Thanks for the feedback....yes we do have control over the ads and we elect only the family friendly ones but sometimes they slip some through on us.

If you see offensive ads, the best thing you can do to help us is to get the url/link. That's the info we need to block it.

I'll keep my eye out for this one and will alert Kade to do the same.

RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Claire Goldenbeach View Post
    Thanks for the feedback....yes we do have control over the ads and we elect only the family friendly ones but sometimes they slip some through on us.

If you see offensive ads, the best thing you can do to help us is to get the url/link. That's the info we need to block it.

Oh, good to hear. In that case, I'll keep my eyes open. I had been reporting a couple of them a while back, but they hadn't been removed, so I suppose I assumed with too little.
    Status: Quit FR since I never liked FR at all. Will probably not post anymore.

EatMonkies is offline Master Gamer

Awesome Clarie , didn't know about the links though, will try to gather them along the way!

(Link to deviantArt)

じゃ~、またね。

Sarah Noblemind is offline Master Gamer

Okay! I've seen many rather disturbing adds and I'm finally glad we can make them go!

Claire Goldenbeach is offline Amateur Gamer

Yes, yes. We can get rid of them as long as we have the link. That may require you to actually click on the ad but once we have that we can block it through our ad vendors.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast