Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Title: Weekly Discussion Question #3: 2/18/13 Week

Annie Hawkclaw is offline Master Gamer

Default Weekly Discussion Question #3: 2/18/13 Week

How much are you enjoying achievements? Do you think that they are a good addition to the game?

Post your answer to the weekly discussion question below.

Spoiler: show

(Also known as Annie, Green, or Froggy)

Zyonmkxq is offline Banned

Default Re: Weekly Discussion Question #3: 2/18/13 Week

I completed 80% of all the achievements within 3 days. The only achievements I have left to complete are almost entirely the group combat achievements. I am also missing the coin earning achievements and housing achievements and I intend to never do those. My thoughts on the achievements are they are a great addition to the game (for the most part). Alot of people been wanting them for along time and it gives us something new to do.

BUT, there are some things I dont like. The housing and coin earning achievements are RIDICULOUS! Place 9999 items!? Earn 5 million coins!? ARE YOU SERIOUS!? I wouldnt mind earning upto 1 million coins for an achievement but any more then that is insane and I wouldnt mind placing as many as 1000 housing items but the 5000 and 9999 achievements are just too much...

Also I do not like the group combat achievements. There shouldnt be achievements that REQUIRE the help/assistance of others. I like to do everything myself and have played the game upto this point entirely solo. It is incredibly hard to find a good consistant and reliable team to do these achievements with. Everyone seems to just log on and off with no specific scedule or availability. What am I supposed to do? Keep buggin my friends over and over until they finally decide to help? Sit around all day ingame waiting to find people for a team? I try to spend my time as efficently as possible, with a good group I imagine I can knock out all those achievements within an hour. But finding a group seems to be a near impossibility at this point.

What I would do? Keep almost all the achievements.
    Revise the coin earning and housing achievements so they arent so ridiculously tedious.
    Remove the place 5000 housing items achievement.
    Remove the place 9999 housing items achievement.
    Remove the earn 5 million coins achievement.
    Remove all the group combat achievements.

Examples of the housing achievements can be:
    Place 100 items.
    Place 250 items.
    Place 500 items.
    Place 1000 items.

Examples of the coin achievements can be:
    Earn 100k
    Earn 250k
    Earn 500k
    Earn 1m

Although honestly even then the coin achievements would be alittle much.
    I would say something like this:
    Earn 10k
    Earn 25k
    Earn 50k
    Earn 100k

But that seems abit easy. Whatever is done, it is clear that the current system needs to be changed. Period.
    Princess Celestina and Aubss like this.

ceres27 is offline Master Gamer

Generally i do love them. its an encouraging strategy for SOE to have players to gain interest in playing again. Its like having new quests!

However, i dont like the part where you have to do tasks all over again like battling individually and by group , tricks, TCG (although I really have to do them first time almost all of them), etc.

I am still anxiously waiting for that Hero's book!

TJ
    <Blood Wolf>
    I am looking for complete, black elite archer and warrior set. PM if selling.

ceres27 is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Zyonmkxq View Post
    BUT, there are some things I dont like. The housing and coin earning achievements are RIDICULOUS! Place 9999 items!? Earn 5 million coins!? ARE YOU SERIOUS!? I wouldnt mind earning upto 1 million coins for an achievement but any more then that is insane and I wouldnt mind placing as many as 1000 housing items but the 5000 and 9999 achievements are just too much...
    Well, for the house items, I wouldnt be surprise if someone actually got that (or pretty close). I have seen a few houses in the directory and I think they have almost that number of items. And there are a lot of patient players out there who are willing to put their imagination in designs! As for the coins.... well..... Its just plainly absurd!I wouldnt say impossible though. Its a possibility until after, oh i dont know, 5 years maybe...?

TJ
    <Blood Wolf>
    I am looking for complete, black elite archer and warrior set. PM if selling.

Ahliadre is offline Master Gamer

Hi Annie (:

I like that FR has rolled out something new --everyone was very ready.
    I like that the new system gets me trying new things in FR.
    I enjoy most the fact that some of my friends are thrilled with it.

I do not care at all for having to repeat anything I have already done
    to fulfill an achievement, nor do I like the repetitive aspect of many of them.

I am so sad that due to the nature of the thing (interwoven with most aspects of the game)
    it has wreaked havoc with the stability of our game time. The glitches have been ridiculous,
    and I do not look forward to playing FR in my spare time this week. Sad!

Not really, no, I do not believe that they are a good addition to the game. I would like to see
    new content --expanding on the old. Specifically, simply, new quests --chapter two and beyond.
    Some new battles (not like SSV) would be great, with new weapons/gear to win. More TCG quests
    and storylines - bring it on (:

I do see the economy for FR, using what is already there --but that is a plus on the function side,
    not the play side.

Hope that you are having a super day ‚ô•Ahli
    IGN: Ahliadre

Layla Littlenymph is offline Master Gamer

I think Achievements are a great idea!

Sadly, I find that great idea to be poorly designed, and poorly implemented. It's like Banking. I was excited when Banking came out, but have yet to use it because it is simply designed poorly.
    Some of the achievements are just silly easy. Launch a rocket ship? Please...
    The rewards leave a lot to be desired. A title? Yippie (not). And don't even get me started on the ultimate grand prize, the Hat of Hats. If there is an uglier free style item in game, I have yet to see it. You can rest assured that you will never see it on my head. I have standards ya know.
    Add to that the fact that despite extensive testing it still came in game full of bugs, and you just have another fail in my book. Sorry, but I'm just not feeling the love.

One problem I do NOT share with my fellow members is the difficulty. Most of this game is almost childishly easy. It's nice to be challenged for a change. Easy = boring in my book. Sadly, the rewards are simply not worth the effort. If the rewards were worth having, I would be more impressed.

The Heros Journal on the other hand sounds much more exciting. Hopefully it will be better implemented than Banking and Achievements were.
    Layla Littlenymph <Mystic Mayhem>, Lolita Litlenymph <Nymphs of Mania>, Wednesday Addamsfamily <Insiders>

Quote Originally Posted by ceres27 View Post
    Well, for the house items, I wouldnt be surprise if someone actually got that (or pretty close). I have seen a few houses in the directory and I think they have almost that number of items. And there are a lot of patient players out there who are willing to put their imagination in designs! As for the coins.... well..... Its just plainly absurd!I wouldnt say impossible though. Its a possibility until after, oh i dont know, 5 years maybe...?
    Well assuming you play everyday and use power hour to its up most efficency, it would take around 5 months to complete the 5m coin achievement. And the problem I have with the housing achievements is that first you need to make a ton of coins to be able to afford the 9999 items you have to place, this will require atleast a month to do. Then you actually have to spend hours placing all 9999 of those items....WHY? Achievements should not take weeks or months to do. Especially on (not required content.) For example, if you want 100% completion of the game you are going to need to max all jobs and do all quests anyway so the achievements go hand in hand with that. Housing is just additional not required content that adds nothing to actually completing the game. Why must I have to invest so much time into it just for a few lousy achievements?

Quote Originally Posted by Layla Littlenymph View Post
    One problem I do NOT share with my fellow members is the difficulty. Most of this game is almost childishly easy. It's nice to be challenged for a change. Easy = boring in my book. Sadly, the rewards are simply not worth the effort. If the rewards were worth having, I would be more impressed.
    I dont think anyone is saying they are too difficult. Honestly there were only 2 achievements that were a challenge. Its just that some are mindlessly and unecessarily tedious, being huge times sinks rather than providing an actual challenge. The time required to do the final coin achievement is greater then doing all the other achievements combined. Making a task take longer does not add more content, it just makes it more redundant and boring.

I definitely agree with everything else you said though. Im really looking foward to the heros journal, hopefully it doesnt fail as hard as the latest updates.

ashfr is offline Master Gamer

A title? Yippie (not).
    Back when,there where a lot of feedback on the fact that the titles left, it was thrown in the dump of the old combat(which I may mention various people wanted back, but now the majority blergh at the mention "nobody cares anymore") various people wanted it back but now that's it here the majority doesn't seem to be pleased.

Hat of Hats
    Blargh, cant argue with that.
    " WITH ALL ARE JOBS COMBINED...."

Add to that the fact that despite extensive testing it still came in game full of bugs, and you just have another fail in my book. Sorry, but I'm just not feeling the love.
    Every single last update has been like this, full of bugs and when it first come's out you cannot get the full experience and joy of it.

I can handle updates taking day's if they would fix bugs instead of releasing it when it's "Hot and New" and everyone buy's them.

Fin.

-chapter two and beyond.
    Think that's coming with the the Hero's Journal.

I believe you mean chapter 3, various things can be counted as Chapter 2, the Gloam invasion...., Baron Von Darkcheat and("gloam stone") and to an extent the heroes pack.

hhhenry is offline Master Gamer

I've almost got 5 million coins - but none of that counts If you've been here for two years, just from the wheel, you have a lot of housing stuff. I picked an empty lot and just piled up everything - got the first two awards. I would have liked a collections award. I really like collections and I've completed them all - 221 I think. Group combat - complete all combats and you get......nothing at all so no big deal if you don't want to. Comment on banking - useful for clearing your tray of expendables.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast