Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Like Tree10Likes
  • 3 Post By Gummybearzrawr
  • 6 Post By Ragu
  • 1 Post By Egg Zachly

Title: We were being kinda selfish.

Gummybearzrawr is offline Master Gamer

Default We were being kinda selfish.

While we were complaining about how our game was being shut down, how do you think the refs reacted when they heard they were losing their job. And all the other people who helped shape our game. I don't feel like typing anything else cause my iPod is terrible.

IGN~Gummy
    ßear

pokegroup is offline Banned

Default Re: We were being kinda selfish.

A-men .

Ragu is offline Pro Gamer

"It's certainly sad to have to announce sunsets for some of our beloved games today, but on the bright side, NOT ONE layoff will result. Every single dev working on those projects will be reassigned to another team that can really use the extra help and expertise!" -Linda "Brasse" Carlson, Director of Global Community Relations at SOE, January 24th.

Ashley Preciousfable is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Ragu View Post
    "It's certainly sad to have to announce sunsets for some of our beloved games today, but on the bright side, NOT ONE layoff will result. Every single dev working on those projects will be reassigned to another team that can really use the extra help and expertise!" -Linda "Brasse" Carlson, Director of Global Community Relations at SOE, January 24th.
    That's fantastic. I love hearing that SOE will be taking care of their own, and why not? They have some great talent in their company, and other spaces that need filling...might as well fill with the talent you know & trust!

Thomas Edison's last words were 'It's very beautiful over there'.
    I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful.

Ragu is offline Pro Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Preciousfable View Post
    That's fantastic. I love hearing that SOE will be taking care of their own, and why not? They have some great talent in their company, and other spaces that need filling...might as well fill with the talent you know & trust!
    I agree, even though I would much rather have them working on Free Realms, Vanguard, and the other games that they were working on if those games weren't being closed...

Egg Zachly is offline Banned

I agree with Ragu, although no one can definitively say that not a single lay off will result from the closing of FR among many other SOE games, it is very likely that those assets will be reallocated to future projects. SOE already had massive lay offs in August in preparation to this so it wouldn't make much sense to have another round of layoffs so soon unless they were close to biting the dust entirely.
    DespicableDani likes this.